[1.0.5] FASA 5.44

frizzank

So about a week before 0.24 was released, I wiped my Windows 7 partition on my computer to be able to install OSX 10.10 beta. So no 64bit for me until I finish restoring my 6 year old dual core 3.2ghz windows box to be a DEDICATED KSP machine. In any case, I tried the previous 0.235 compatible release, and it hit the memory limit really quickly. I never even got a rocket to the launch pad, it always crashed after the third or fourth part in the VAB. The only other mod I have running on my 0.24 install is KER. If I run with the game at half textures, and use the 0.24 version of FASA, might I be ok? Or do I need to enable an additional texture compression mod? I see Texture Replacer is listed in the updated mods list, but is it appropriate for this application?

Edited by saabstory88

So about a week before 0.24 was released, I wiped my Windows 7 partition on my computer to be able to install OSX 10.10 beta. So no 64bit for me until I finish restoring my 6 year old dual core 3.2ghz windows box to be a DEDICATED KSP machine. In any case, I tried the previous 0.235 compatible release, and it hit the memory limit really quickly. I never even got a rocket to the launch pad, it always crashed after the third or fourth part in the VAB. The only other mod I have running on my 0.24 install is KER. If I run with the game at half textures, and use the 0.24 version of FASA, might I be ok? Or do I need to enable an additional texture compression mod? I see Texture Replacer is listed in the updated mods list, but is it appropriate for this application?

The new version is about 5 mb smaller I did some optimizations on the textures. If you put your texture resolution at your lowest setting you should be able to run it assuming you have at least 4gigs of ram in your computer. I have an old pc that only has 4 gigs of ram and is running 32 bit version of windows and with just the FASA mod it loads fine.

If you would like to have more than one mod or want a performance increase, Active Texture Management works the best for me and even has a FASA config.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/59005-0-23-5-Release-3-1-Active-Texture-Management-Save-RAM-without-reduction-packs!

Thanks so much! It works great now, no active texture management needed. And I have to say, I really enjoy your work. Obviously, my realism overhaul install would be worthless without it. I felt like an Agena based 1.25m orbital parts tester was in order for 0.24 though. My computer is pretty much maxed out for a laptop, but I that old high clock speed machine with 8gb ram and a firepro will really step up the experience.

OK. Just installed FASA 0.24 beta. Lots of great stuff(from what I hear), but I have a little problem. In my KSP parts, I think I have so many mods that my game is not reading them all! Here's my mods. It's a HUGE LIST. xD

Environmental Visual Enhancements(Better Atmospheres V5 enhancement)

AIES

KW Rocketry

NovaPunch 2.05

FASA(duh :P)

Lack Luster Labs Extra

Lack Luster Labs(normal)

Tarsier Science

Dr.Chop's Chop Shop(or whatever it's called)

Deadpool Engines

ESA pack by Lionhead

Probes and Landers pack by Lionhead

Custom Asteroids(with Better Atmospheres settings)

Chatterer

Toolbar

Distant Object Enhancement

Horizon Aeronautics

HullCamera VDS

Impossible Innovations

Procedural Fairings

Kittopia Space(for BA v5)

HotRockets

NearFuture Propulsion, Construction, Electrical, Solar, and the NearFuture Spacecraft

NoAutoShroud and ReducedClampNoise plugins

DMagic Orbital Science

SpaceX Historic, Exploration, and Launch

Module Manager 2.0

TiberDyne

StockExtension

WorldSpace

=============

I have no issues with running it, it runs at 60-80FPS all the time. It's just that I am missing over 750 parts, most of them being engines, THE THINGS I REALLY WANTED! FASA is an example; I only get 4 engines from FASA, and they are the smallest ones. I only get 3 fuel tanks, and 1 launch escape system as well! :mad:

PLEASE tell me how to fix this! Sorry for the long mods list. xD

The only thing I can think of is that you installed it wrong. I have not tried the .24 beta so I honestly don't know if its the mods. But 9/10 missing parts on that scale just mean that you installed the mod wrong. Try installing it again and make sure you install FASA not FASA 4.96. It should just FASA in the gamedata folder. It seems like you know what you're doing and i hate to post such a simple response but sometimes stuff gets overlooked.

Hey frizz is it possible to tweak the amount of fuel thats in the medium Saturn Fuel Tank? I have been playing with the new Skylab mod and no matter what launch profile I try there just isn't enough fuel to get into a proper orbit. Now if I am the the only one experiencing this then don't change it but I don't think that I am the only experiencing this because I have tried quite a few different profiles and it just doesn't work. I even tried Mechjeb and there just isn't enough fuel. Can you do what you did for the SM have it set to the standard by default but leave some room to add more if you want?

@navyGuy2007 have fix this bug with reduce the textur option from full textur to half textur, under settings / graphic / Textur res play with 64bit is a hint form modder self. but i under stand this not while this was a old trick from 32 bit that have to big texturs. that i use why use this in 64 bit too.

Edited by Prismatech

The only thing I can think of is that you installed it wrong. I have not tried the .24 beta so I honestly don't know if its the mods. But 9/10 missing parts on that scale just mean that you installed the mod wrong. Try installing it again and make sure you install FASA not FASA 4.96. It should just FASA in the gamedata folder. It seems like you know what you're doing and i hate to post such a simple response but sometimes stuff gets overlooked.

Hey frizz is it possible to tweak the amount of fuel thats in the medium Saturn Fuel Tank? I have been playing with the new Skylab mod and no matter what launch profile I try there just isn't enough fuel to get into a proper orbit. Now if I am the the only one experiencing this then don't change it but I don't think that I am the only experiencing this because I have tried quite a few different profiles and it just doesn't work. I even tried Mechjeb and there just isn't enough fuel. Can you do what you did for the SM have it set to the standard by default but leave some room to add more if you want?

Thanks. I will try this. I was using FASA 4.96 in my folder, so that's probably the problem right there.. As you can see, I don't go for realism, I GO FOR BIGGER, BETTER, AND MORE OF IT! ;)

EDIT: IT WORKS!! It's kind of strange, but fixing that fixed all my other mods too! :D Now I have about 875 Propulsion items!

Edited by KyleofKerbin

Thanks. I will try this. I was using FASA 4.96 in my folder, so that's probably the problem right there.. As you can see, I don't go for realism, I GO FOR BIGGER, BETTER, AND MORE OF IT! ;)

EDIT: IT WORKS!! It's kind of strange, but fixing that fixed all my other mods too! :D Now I have about 875 Propulsion items!

Yea 9/10 modders don't make the gamedata right out of the zip folder. You have to find the actual gamedata folder not the just main folder that holds everything.

@navyGuy2007 have fix this bug with reduce the textur option from full textur to half textur, under settings / graphic / Textur res play with 64bit is a hint form modder self. but i under stand this not while this was a old trick from 32 bit that have to big texturs. that i use why use this in 64 bit too.

Ok I'll give that a shot thanks!

Yea 9/10 modders don't make the gamedata right out of the zip folder. You have to find the actual gamedata folder not the just main folder that holds everything.

I do that so I can include the savegame file with the crafts in it. It also makes it easier for some if they just extract it to their main KSP folder instead finding the correct directory.

The exploding parts in the VAB is a real thorn in my side. I suspect its not a real priority because squad does not have any parts with multiple resources. As soon as they do I am sure it will be more apparent and annoying to them.

Even on a 64bit version you can still run out of memory pretty easily if you only have 4 gigs total. I recommend turning down your texture resolution in your options until you can get more ram. Or delete some of the parts you never use.

I do that so I can include the savegame file with the crafts in it. It also makes it easier for some if they just extract it to their main KSP folder instead finding the correct directory.

The exploding parts in the VAB is a real thorn in my side. I suspect its not a real priority because squad does not have any parts with multiple resources. As soon as they do I am sure it will be more apparent and annoying to them.

Even on a 64bit version you can still run out of memory pretty easily if you only have 4 gigs total. I recommend turning down your texture resolution in your options until you can get more ram. Or delete some of the parts you never use.

Fixed MOL by adding ModuleSAS into its part.cfg.

I have encountered a problem with some craft files that have reflecting parts (Saturn V, Nova, Big G and some others). When you load them with ferram4's NEAR mod installed, the game starts to lag heavily. Removing all reflecting parts and re-adding them (essentially rebuilding the craft from scratch) helps. Can you look into it? They're hard to rebuild, and I'd like to use them.

Ferram4 posted a fix for lagging crafts (it involves manual editing) - it didn't helped me.

0.24 beta of FASA.

Fixed MOL by adding ModuleSAS into its part.cfg.

I have encountered a problem with some craft files that have reflecting parts (Saturn V, Nova, Big G and some others). When you load them with ferram4's NEAR mod installed, the game starts to lag heavily. Removing all reflecting parts and re-adding them (essentially rebuilding the craft from scratch) helps. Can you look into it? They're hard to rebuild, and I'd like to use them.

Ferram4 posted a fix for lagging crafts (it involves manual editing) - it didn't helped me.

0.24 beta of FASA.

For now I would just delete the reflection dll in your gamedata folder under FASA/plugins.

New Gemini Mini SRBs they are surface attachable and also stack for small probes and what not. The Sargent 11x Decoupler is a great mini Decoupler for small probes when space is at a premium. Also does awesome things like separate stages or blast them as retro rockets..

4.96 on Kerbal Stuff

http://beta.kerbalstuff.com/mod/27/FASA

4CgR6fS.jpg

sbLga4N.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.