LLL - Lack Luster Labs - Development Thread

Lack

Hey Lack, I don't want to be annoying, but my last comment on it got a little buried and I wanted to throw this out again... The MK VI cockpit has two IVA seats, left and right. The MK VIb also has two IVA seats, but one of them is behind the two main seats, and the right-side pilot seat is empty. This leads me to understand that you intended for the MK VIb to fit three kerbals? I thought maybe since you'd have a bit of work to do on the LLL pack for .25, you could add that to the list?

Are there any TweakScale configurations available for this mod?

Anyone?

While that's an interesting metaphor you should just download and try it. SXT has very little overhead thanks to its reuse of stock textures.

I had the same problem, to be honest. Just a few good pictures will go a long way of showing what to expect. I had to search on Youtube to see what KSC++ was all about.

thanks for your MOD... just wanted to put that out there.

I'm a lay user of the mods here, but i wanted to point out that your SXT (Stock Extension Mod ) mod seems to be incompatible with the < Active texture Management MOD>. I can't tell which is doing what but both run when the other is not loaded, and the game stalls on launch on a "lander Part" i believe and never loads.

I don't know if that helps, hopefully it helps each of you.

cheers.

Hi I noticed a bug with SXT, tweak scale integration on the Kossak cockpit (nose door cockpit) tweak scale works fine in the SPH but when I launch the craft it reverts to its original size. The cargo hold sections are not affected.

I only noticed as I am trying to build a 5m VTOL SSTO cargo ship with it.

I hope that makes sense?

thanks for your MOD... just wanted to put that out there.

I'm a lay user of the mods here, but i wanted to point out that your SXT (Stock Extension Mod ) mod seems to be incompatible with the < Active texture Management MOD>. I can't tell which is doing what but both run when the other is not loaded, and the game stalls on launch on a "lander Part" i believe and never loads.

I don't know if that helps, hopefully it helps each of you.

cheers.

Had the same problem.

Deleted the memlander part from sxt and now it loads.

Lack, could you convert your textures (LLL) to something that isn't .tga? That would be really great, .tga have some pretty bad loading bugs at the time.

I would like this as well.

You have two options:

1) Find a freeware command-line image converter and build a batch file to loop through all the textures and turn them into PNG.

2) Download the nVidia DDS tools and the DDS loader for KSP, then again build a batch file to convert and vertically flip all the textures into DDS.

I suggest option #1 because it's a lot simpler and doesn't require a separate loader plugin. Alternatively you could just convert them with your favorite image editor one by one yourself. Just be sure to delete the extra TGA file to reduce conflicts.

Err... could you actually see if it'll work before giving such advice? Because it won't, and it's a bad advice. IIRC, in KSP, the extension is referenced in the model along with then name.

Had the same problem.

Deleted the memlander part from sxt and now it loads.

I also had issues with ATM and SXT, bit with the LRadialAirintake part. I believe it's an issue with ATM as everything works fine without that mod. This problem has been brought to the attention of Rbray and he's looking into it.

Err... could you actually see if it'll work before giving such advice? Because it won't, and it's a bad advice. IIRC, in KSP, the extension is referenced in the model along with then name.

You are misinformed. Yes, the extension is referenced in the model, but KSP ignores that extension and loads the texture anyway without issue. I would not advise something that was not tested and used thoroughly. I have been doing this sort of thing for over a year now with no issue. Rest assured that I have looked into whether or not it will work and it does work.

Edited by Gaalidas

ok i didn't know about ATM and SXT but i do know that both work for me on 64bit ksp (linux NOT WINDOWS) and it appears to be;

A)missing textures (i blame the change in file structure that squad did)

and

B) some of the partclipping of the MEM are missing (the engines in particular)

but other than that they work like a charm...

but i do want to know... WHERE THE HELL IS THE BACK OF THIS "FLYING BOAT"!?!? XD i'm trying to make it but can't find the tail of it :P it has no description and no manufaturer so i'm just taking a wild guess and saying the parts are yours since it's white and yellow or white and grey.

other than that it's working fine.

EDIT: oh and KSC++ works with 0.25 too. it's just not destructible :P

Edited by AntiMatter001

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.