Cupcake's Dropship Dealership...

Woah woah wait- Another one!?

Yes! This is gonna be great!

I hope so! I'm also hoping my craft will fit in the Mk3 cargo bays when they come. :wink:

Is it possible to land and ascend from Tylo with a crew capsule and no drop tanks?

Good question. I imagine it is but it'll have to use a different design. The one you see there can make it down to Tylo from a 15k orbit, land and get into a stable orbit again without shedding tanks. It's got a good safety margin but I think if I add a cockpit its going to struggle. Saying that I am working on a cockpit equipped version to function as a Mun/Duna lander. :)

Cupcake...

I don't use command chairs nearly enough :)

They feel a bit cheaty but for light weight Tylo landers there's no getting round them. :( Saying that I've been working on a command Pod version of the design. It can't get back into orbit from Tylo.

Dld61L5.jpg

It does however handle tips to the Mun, Duna, Val, Minmus etc quite happily. :)

jqIRrpC.jpg

I've decided to call it the Newt, because... er... Well, just because. :wink:

Cupcake...

Edited by Cupcake...

OMG i Just realized the NEWT looks like an interceptor from SC2 it just needs a pair of wing tips and 2 guns on the front. it would be cool to build a carrier that can hold 8 of them lol
Send out the mutalisks lol

(For the swarm)

I had to search for pics to see what it looked like... :blush:

Where in the hey-ho heck did you stick the cockpits?

How rude of me, here you go... :wink:

http://goo.gl/LjBCxu

Cupcake!

If they dont fit in the Mk3 cargo bays, you should look at trying Nertea's Mk 4 spaceplane set. If they cant fit in that . . . I'll be damned.

EDIT: for ease of finding: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/101699

Good lord that's huge! :0.0: Great looking MOD BTW, I might just give it a go. :)

Cupcake...

Cupcake, will you be building a giant VTOL with the mk3 parts?

I'm not sure if I'll be building any more VTOLs with the new symetry system. It seems methods of construction I used in .25 and below are simply not possible. Is it just me or is anyone else having trouble? It seems you're only allowed symetry across certain part sides and that's it. This is really bad news.... ;.;

Cupcake...

Edited by Cupcake...

I'm not sure if I'll be building any more VTOLs with the new symetry system. It seems methods of construction I used in .25 and below are simply not possible. Is it just me or is anyone else having trouble? It seems you're only allowed symetry across certain part sides and that's it. This is really bad news.... ;.;

Cupcake...

Yeah I don't get this. After using editor tools the new build methods seem really backwards and slow..

I wonder if it's possible load the new Mk3 parts in 0.25 and build it in the old editor. I'm not having too much funny with the new editor either.

I'm not sure but If it means getting editor tools back I will try it.

The new angle stuff is good for new players but feels like a restriction to me. It takes longer to position stuff now and I just feel 'restricted' when using the editor. This is not due to me being new to this method, even if you used it a lot it would still be slower.

Hmmmm, while I'm sure the new symmetry mode has its uses it should have been added in addition to the old (classic?) mode not instead of it. With the old mode it was easy to line up components along a parts centerline wheras now it's just all over the place. This makes building VTOLs a lot more awkward as it's much more difficult to line things up along the balance point. Man, I hope Squad (or a modder) fixes this soon... :(

Cupcake...

I'm really enjoying the new editor. Its allowing me to do things I couldn't do before.

Then again I never used edtools so I don't have that comparison.

I don't use edtools either! With with space plane parts especially it seems you're only allowed to use symetry along the sides. I can't for instance take a MK 2 fuel tank and use it as a centeral spar like I have with the Newt/Spectre.

Cupcake...

nRNbEaP.jpg

Edited by Cupcake...

With with space plane parts especially it seems you're only allowed to use symetry along the sides

I'm having symmetry issues with spaceplanes as well. Even when I turn them on their side the symmetry is still side to side rather than top to bottom. :/ I can't figure out how to change to VAB symmetry either?

Huh. Sounds like I'm gonna have to do some testing :/ the way symmetry seemed to work in .25 and earlier was that in the sph the parts slid forward and back, and snapped to an angle up/down. This meant that if you positioned your centre part with the top facing forward you could essentially center snap along the horizontal axis and slide vertically. If you build a rocket vertically in the sph with the top facing up instead of forward you should be able to get easy vertically snapped 2x symmetry for asparagus staging, although you would have to rotate the craft 60° twice. All this obviously only really applies for 2x mirror symmetry unless you want stuff off center or facing the wrong direction. I don't really see how this would've changed even with a dedicated rotation mode......

As for the key binding to switch symmetry modes: alt-r? Or [mod]+R for a more general, non windows specific definition :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.