What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Um..? I did not make FAR. You know it has a post in the addon release section of this forums...

And that plane is stock except 2 remotech antennas inside the cargo bay.

Ah! Viewing it from my phone so I thought the plane might have been a mod in prigress. It looks really cool though!

(reps to the first one who gets those references!)

ahahah, i got those references. i haven't heard that song in forever, dang.

anyway, last night (technically it was really early this morning...) i did a short mission to the moons of Kerbin while waiting for one of my ships to finish its transfer to Jool. it was just a quick Apollo-style stop-drop-explore-and-pickup mission to visit some places i'd never been before, but one of the lander pilots, a certain Lanny Kerman with the BadS code and maxed-out courage AND stupidity, wanted to have some fun.

on the Mun, Lanny wanted to plant the flag in a nice crater... that was 12 km away from the landing site. after spending all his monopropellant getting over there, he had to be picked up by the lander, much to the more moderate Jedner Kerman's discontent.

on Minmus, Lanny was bored by the lack of things to do, so while the lander was doing a low sweep less than 2 km over the surface, he hopped out and decided to "surf" over the Minmus highlands, coming within a few meters of the ground and giving everyone on the mission a heart attack before rejoining the lander as it flew over a basin.

i'd post pictures, but i'm on my lame work laptop :(

I got my Kerbals rescued and put my station back up. I really don't know how it got trashed in the first place... hit by debris (my best guess based on all the debris I had in orbit, junk left over from Mun missions in high elliptical orbits) or maybe SAS caused it to torque itself apart? I'll never know.

The docked ship brought up the final shipment of fuel and RCS...

screenshot96.png

ahahah, i got those references. i haven't heard that song in forever, dang.

ok, the song was easy. Waiting to see if anyone gets the cactus.

That's an awesome station, but I'm curious as to how you manage to run something with that kind of part count. I've tried making stations that size, and the part count always kills my effort about halfway through.

Part count is just under 300 right now. It's starting to lag a bit but only just. It's really not that big yet, I just picked the right parts I guess lol. See below.

@CatastrophicFailure (or anyone else who knows) what mods are you using in there for the tanks? I love the look of them!

Those are Procedural fuselages with the original texture. The modules are from Station Science. The big 3m hab is KW I think. The rest is just a smattering of adapters & docking ports.

Oh and q6YJt4C.png

Something very, very, VERY pointless. I had loads of fun doing it though! :D

http://imgur.com/a/0FGSO

Rune. Cuthbert Calculus approves this ship.

Rune this thing would amaze you if all of those adapters weren't .3 each. And .4 with the nosecones on them. They're crazy heavy. I spend a lot of time trying to figure out how to replace them on my craft.

Edited by clown_baby

Rune this thing would amaze you if all of those adapters weren't .3 each. And .4 with the nosecones on them. They're crazy heavy. I spend a lot of time trying to figure out how to replace them on my craft.

Oh, I know I wast a lot of mass there. As you might guess, this is not intended to be the most practical of rockets... But yeah, if I got all those things out, I would be able to lift about 5mT more... which means I could use the three-kerbal pod. Hummm... But the lines! It's so pointy this way!

Rune. Then again, it was meant as a diversion.

But the lines!

I know man. That part is my biggest complaint about the game, especially for fighter jets where weight is everything. It isn't possible to make smooth, accurate looking jets without that part, but it is heavier than parts 3x it's size. It's infuriating.

Made my second ever (unmanned) flyby of Moho. First one was when Moho first appeared.

Had nowhere enough fuel to park myself into orbit though. I think the whole time from SOI change to SOI change took less than one hour, and that was with a periapsis of 15.000m. Didn't even manage to get a decent screenshot of the closest parts of the encounter because I had to do all the sciences first. Not really a big accomplishment I guess, but I still find it a bit exiting when I finally arrive at one of the other planets.

Hopefully, I'll get to finish the unmanned Jool system tour before the upcoming update pwns my career, even though that encounter isn't for another 2 in game years.

16A569B8C4605DE2ECC63DDEB6D690C768710726

DD49FB8AFA29FED8A081CE71F896B2015283E253

BA240175DF2BA3ECA9FE1323B90E45348E061CD8

Edited by SBaL

Does that equal
http://i.vimeocdn.com/video/336002458_1280x960.jpg

Of course it does! I was playing around with spaceplane fuselages, and the shape short of appeared before me suddenly. No way this goes to Mun without refuelling, though, and it has no port or RCS... yet. I might revisit sometime.

Rune. You can check the rocket's name in the last screenshot. ;)

I did space-planery:

QgxuQ6Vl.png

That baby is the SAP-3 Parakeet (while not developed from the chassis the SAP-1 Kestrel and the SAP-2 Partridge share, it uses some design phylosophies of the line). While SSTO-capable, the main version utilizes a pair of drop-tanks (one visible in the picture) to give the craft more fuel for orbital maneuvering and deorbit.

Warning: Warranty void if droptanks are used as fuelbombs instead.

I decided to scrap this idea...

k2qcHkU.png

I should have known better than to retrofit my flagship Kokopeli to be able to dock SSTOs.

Now this is a carrier suitable for a SSTO...

lbTm6eG.png

It took a bit of work to get the carrier into orbit. Without the SSTO to balance the carrier, it tends to pitch up.

The SSTO arrived and docked separately.

lcr82Lz.png

I can't wait for the window to Jool/Laythe to arrive.

Edited by Landge

Now this is a carrier suitable for a SSTO...

http://i.imgur.com/lbTm6eG.png

It took a bit of work to get the carrier into orbit. Without the SSTO to balance the carrier, it tends to pitch up.

The SSTO arrived and docked separately.

http://i.imgur.com/lcr82Lz.png

I can't wait for the window to Jool/Laythe to arrive.

Holy s*** that thing is pretty. Mental note: use that design idea for when I send my own SSTO to laythe. Though I might just wait for 0.90 to hit and do an SSTLaythe with the new MkIII parts, not sure yet.