What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

A couple of rescues and some mining contracts. These, while finishing fueling up an explorer ship currently in LKO, scheduled for Dres -which reminds me I still have to launch and fuel up the rest of the Dres expeditionary group (miner, surface outpost, ATV and possibly an asteroid miner too)

In an effort to see how I could create a space elevator in KSP, I welded a bunch of I-beams, and used tweak scale to make a giant 24km pole, and surprisingly enough, it didn't collapse! I tried to stack them, but it didn't exactly work out.

8M2BXo3.png

I also made a model of the climber, though it isn't actually on a space elevator.

mfCnmtc.png

*Begin Rant*

I wanted to get done with two things today: Editing a KSP video, and completely making Chapter 39 of Project Intrepid.

I chose to start with Chapter 39. For that I needed a 16 man Eve Ascent Vehicle. I've done this before, just smaller. Simple enough, right?

*4 HOURS LATER*

It's the end of the day, and I'm being outsmarted by a STUPID PURPLE PIECE OF COMPUTER CODE!!!!!!!!!!!! I finally got somewhere close to actually finishing it, but NOPE! The design is fundamentally flawed and I have to start all over.

And I'm at a point where I'm pretty much not going to have many free days for the next 6 months. Hooray.

Did some more flying on my global tour.  Also learned that Engineers can repack parachutes!  I don't need to consider my plane abort systems as a one-off anymore!

screenshot132.png

screenshot142.png

screenshot152.png

There's something oddly relaxing about pretending to cruise over Kerbin's mountains.

10 hours ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

That still 6.4x?

Nah, stock. Taking a break from 6.4 cause somehow, it broke in such a way that I can't build craft. Like, I can select a root part, but not like add or move things around. :/

54 minutes ago, blooder14 said:

by the way if someone has any idea on how to remove the orbital info under the altimeter please pm me because it's driving me mad D: )

You've got a contract for a satellite or maybe a flyby causing that. Once you complete the contract it should go away. Annoying, I know. :rolleyes: