What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Made a replica of the Messerschmitt 262 using all stock parts... only exception was tweakscaling of said parts otherwise I wouldn't have had the 0.625m jet engine pods on the wings. It's not fast, nor does it climb the highest, but it's a pleasure to fly and has very forgiving flight characteristics. Plus it's pretty :)

32C6B13DA1E6861880B2FE169149EB31804DACC1

D961D420D4375031B572F1A8FC41711E581D5395

F02323B032D8B96FBB319284BD35EE915435083B

97290D1D4905F97668EF016450B07315504183F6

Got bored and created this drop/escape pod (stock). Considering the design, it's meant to be used in planets with atmosphere. You can fit in your interplanetary ship and use to drop a kerbal (one way trip) into a planet.

All you have to do is eject the pod at a relatively low orbit and then fire the sepatrons while pointing retrograde, until you lose enough velocity to fall into the planet.

I tested it in Kerbin and was able to deorbit from 100km orbit with no problems. I toggled the aerobrakes as soon as I got heating effects, wich happened at about 50km high.

the pod comes equiped with everything you'll need to survive reentry heating, the crash and, after that, try to contact some one out there.

Needs testing in other planets.

6LVslSu.png]

Working on The Dunation and putting entirely too much effort into this Pathfinder recreation, watch the panels opening.

That's not opening! That's exploding with style!

Why are you forced to revolve through inanimate objects to control the nearest ship, idea for a mod, change the change vessel to behave like fly nearest motion capable vessel first.

Edited by selfish_meme

I tried my hand at making an STS-like vessel in KSP. I found it ridiculously tedious to get the thrust offset of the orbiter working properly, so I simplified the external tank arrangement to make thrust offset less of a problem (and reduce drag at the same time!).

Boosters attached to the sides of the orbiter, tank to the nose:

screenshot838.png

Boosters away:

screenshot840.png

Tank discarded after Ap set but before circularizing (no debris):

screenshot843.png

I tried my hand at making an STS-like vessel in KSP. I found it ridiculously tedious to get the thrust offset of the orbiter working properly, so I simplified the external tank arrangement to make thrust offset less of a problem (and reduce drag at the same time!).

Oh oH Oh, feeling like i exactly know that feeling xDr, nice RIC ; )

Two new videos and a Gundam release.

Testing my all time favorite craft, the Stealth Raptor

And Gundam MRK IVc Alpha vs Stealth Raptor

Which is now available.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/72953-cb_co-Mobile-Gundam-Suits-%28New-Video-MRK-IVc-Alpha-Available%29

Also thanks for all the kind words on the F-16. It looks simple but it was a lot of work.

cb

I posted my Eve invasion... I mean colonization effort - If you want to have a personal tour you can download the Quick Save on this thread... It was moved and sticky'd HERE

E3aYnRk.png

JR

- - - Updated - - -

I posted my Eve invasion... I mean colonization effort - If you want to have a personal tour you can download the Quick Save on this thread... It was moved and sticky'd HERE

http://i.imgur.com/E3aYnRk.png

JR

Oh Yeah and it Includes THIS:

wUgd7xO.png

JR

Got the pieces to my Duna Station into orbit around the red planet. Unfortunately the station is orbiting in the opposite direction as the stranded kerbal I am supposed to rescue.

Also completed a seismic reading contract on Ike with a small probe. Even though I broke off both solar panels I still finished the mission. I was pretty happy about that. Didn't have much fuel left either.

Launched another Multiprobe, this time just around Kerbin-- so now they're deployed around it and both the Mun and Minmus. Next step: Duna.

Experimented with boosters to get my new nuclear-powered exploration vessel (Isis Mk II) into orbit; it's a heavy vehicle, but even so I kept overestimating the booster power I'd need, so I kept reverting and scaling back, to the point I think I'm set up for success later today.

More fun and games with my second career save. Earned enough dough to level up Mission Control to Level 3, sent Val up to rescue some folks from orbit, and Jeb fulfilled the "Explore Mun" contract - bringing back 700 points of science, enough to get probe cores, a good array of solar panels, the barometer, Skipper engines...you know, enough to begin a serious science pillaging of Minmus. I only wish some of the folks I was plucking out of orbit had been scientists - so far it's been four engineers and a pilot...

Short term goal is to get the R&D maxed; I'm sitting at √860k, roughly the halfway mark - I've got a number of high-paying contracts, so I'm hopeful that I'll be able to get the remainder raised in short order. I'm not sure where I'll go from there.

@ clowny_baby

Cool Raptor.

I've recently discovered SSTO spaceplanes.

Yesterday I flew a plane to the Mun for the first time.

It was fantastic! I got to orbit with only about 800 dV remaining. This was spent on a fly-by of the Mun (and happily delivered to an aero capture post-Mun!).

Recovery was miraculous.

After reentry, I lost all control authority, entering a sort of flat spin. The craft literally fell out of the sky. Furiously attempting to get my nose down, I passed through the clouds. Popping out under the clouds I noticed a mountain passing by! Surreal. Realising I only had seconds, I figured out the controls were doing the opposite of what they ought. With the altimeter flipping past around 300m, I acted on instinct: got the nose down, then pulled up until the prograde marker was near the horizon, instantly touching down all in one spontaneous action! I couldn't believe it. Crazy.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and how good is the new afterburner exhaust for the Whiplash in 1.0.4?!

Hmmmm.. I have about 100 game days to kill in my career game before any good windows to other planets open up. Thought maybe I'd have some fun with tourists. But when I checked in with mission control, I found all 4 of my open mission offers are rescues around Kerbin! 4 out of 4 contracts, all stuck in orbit... this is too good to turn down.

But I think I need a better rescue ship... hehehe