What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

I built a new launcher

Mun%20Lander%20One%20Launcher_zpsgghk4uc

Which carried my first ever lander into orbit

Mun%20Lander%20One_zpsqt2vxeok.png

Which I then landed upon Mun

Flag%20Planted_zpsgnhrcq7e.png

Which then rose upon the fires of the central pillar while dropping the now spent outer pillars (Yeah, no screen cap as was busy so you'll have to imagine)

Which then safely returned Jebediah to Kerbin

Home%20Again_zpsh0vgca1s.png

Whom I then accidentally killed by accidentally hitting the space bar too soon  :o

1 hour ago, MaxwellsDemon said:

I finally learned how to do action groups properly.  :blush:    I'd been relying purely on the sequential staging thus far.  It was always on the "to-learn" list, but I actually got around to it...

Things will not only becoming more easy, new concepts like SSTO spaceplanes and other complex vehicles are now within reach. Congratulations :)

After ~500h finally started to try some SSTO (had some failures before). Managed to bring orange tank to space station. Then slightly modified SSTO tried to bring satellite in orbit in middle of ascent realised that staging was wrong and satellite are loose in cargo bay. Instead or retry I continued, got it successfully in orbit. On reentry due eating SSTO nose cone, front tank exploded. Plane flipped and flew backwards and.... I landed it vertically on engine.... :) Quite crazy SSTO beginner experience... 

This is Kerrica Kerman, she is dead. 

2r7CaH8.png

I was trying to put a new solar array on my station orbiting the mun, but douched it up so badly that i ran out of RCS fuel. with only the reliant left, and the array drifting and misaligned, i decided to just crash the S.O.B. for causing me such aggravation. immediately after the "Z" button, i realized Kerrica was still onboard. I looked back to the station, still within reach, so she EVA'd...right into the stabilizer. 

dLiBTUP.png

the craft and the poor kerbal move slowly toward the collision, as i watch sadly. as i'm looking around feeling terrible, I notice her expression has changed. huh? 

"R"

SII4j8B.png

shes alive?! I guess she just got knocked silly by the wing, and came back to her senses. I blasted the RCS and JUST barely missed the surface at 8.5k. and then a node maneuver with the remaining jetpack fuel.

VXUVU09.png

and so, a kerbal is saved from certain death. question, are kerbals always alive if they havent been vaporized?

Edited by Kaiser82

Just clicked this super small spacestation together... roughly inspired by Skylab... It holds 2 Kerbals, carries a lot of science instruments and is fully modular. Sadly the de-orbit module only holds 1 Kerbal... well you cant have everything...

yTr4HAV.png

f8A8s97.png

Edited by Frank_G

3 hours ago, Kaiser82 said:

and so, a kerbal is saved from certain death. question, are kerbals always alive if they havent been vaporized?

Yes. If they don't go poof, they are alive. You might be surprised what they can survive, just try to land on the head.  

Edited by Randazzo

2 minutes ago, Randazzo said:

Yes. If they don't go poof, they are alive. You'd might be surprised what they can survive, just try to land on the head.  

You'll also be amazed how far the can slide on low gravity worlds.

I'm committed to the Kasteria missions now. Duna, I'm coming for you!

The design for the rocket seems functional. It has solar power, fuel, a convert-o-tron, nuclear propulsion, batteries, a little RCS, and a detachable lander (Apollo style). The first mission will simply get three Kerbals to Duna and back, along with mountains of science. The next will involve rovers and a more thorough exploration of the planet. The third will concentrate on Ike, as will the fourth (yes, I have the funding to do this). The fifth, finally, will establish a permanent presence on Duna, and possibly Ike. Jeb, Bill, and Bob will command Kasteria-A.

That's the plan. The convert-o-tron could be useful for exploring both Ike and Duna on the third mission, but it's mainly for the return trip.

Edited by msasterisk
Grammar

Work on the KSS continues. Docking port with inline clamp-o-tron added. Service module and senior docking port added for deep space mission compatibility. Bob Kerman broke the only plasma tv and went crazy, unscheduled crew transfer with Soyuz-TMA.

IoNRF1v.png

Edited by hendrack

The United Provincial Space Vehicle  Columbia enters into orbit around Duna, completing the goal set by the President of "Kerbals to Duna by 1987".  After performing experiments and releasing probes for a week, the crew will perform a flyby of Eve before returning to Kerbin as heroes, while the Columbia will remain in orbit for refueling and restocking before making it's second mission to Moho Dres.  The Columbia, a refitted Syracuse-class ion ferry, holds a crew of three and proved herself in a shakedown cruise to Minmus.  Her class of ion ferries are the main lifeline between Kerbin and the colonies on her moons, with passenger (UPSV Syracuse, UPSV Dawn), exploration (UPSV Columbia, UPSV Kenorland), and freighter (UPSV Horizon) variants operating in the Kerbin system on a regular basis.  

MadaXnZ.png

Edited by Butterbar

Testing Bases as space stations....had to hyper edit into orbit...not sure I can launch and dock this stuff yet....look hurricane Val near the horizon...

screenshot0.png

Edited by algwat
additon

1 hour ago, msasterisk said:

Waaahhh it's so pretty!

Unfortunately, my computer is not quite awesome enough to use beautification mods.

It doesn't work very well on my computer too.  I run KSP on a Macbook, and at this point, it's already pushing the limits graphics-wise, and glitches and FPS slowdowns occur pretty often.  Some of the more noted ones is Scatterer rendering the oceans of Kerbin to be a pinkish red and the entire planetary texture of Moho failing to load, making the entire planet completely white.  Or KSP, instead of having the decency to crash itself, crashing my entire computer with it.