What do you name your space agencies?

GalaxyGryphon

Alan Aerospace Recycling and Packaging.

All our aerospace parts are recycled, and the assembly building doubles as a cardboard box factory.

The elements of the heraldic thingy of some supposed long ago ancestor of mine. A cockatrice, which fits perfectly with the mish-mash nature of the company, and two sable chevrons on an argent field.

10400997736_590348cbea_o.png

The Kerbal Committee of Aerospace Programs - K-CAP

Founded after the Kerbals decided that pointing nukes at each other did nobody any good and deep down, they realized that all they ever wanted to do was space.

And so space they did.

A committee comprising representatives from all over Kerbin, with no solid hierarchy or any leaders. They just get bundled into a meeting room and decide where they want to send their Gooâ„¢ next.

All in the best interests of Kerbalkind.

mZ2S9Aa.png?1

I totally did not modify a stock flag in paint to make this. :sticktongue:

My current save is Kerbalkosmos, and I finally made a custom flag. It's based on Interkosmos, USSR's and Russia's programme for sending allied nations' crafts to space that put my country's only cosmonaut to orbit.

My pre-.22 sandbox save was called the Praxis, after the mega-cooperate in the Red Mars trilogy.

My current save is Kerbalkosmos, and I finally made a custom flag. It's based on Interkosmos, USSR's and Russia's programme for sending allied nations' crafts to space that put my country's only cosmonaut to orbit.

My pre-.22 sandbox save was called the Praxis, after the mega-cooperate in the Red Mars trilogy.

Nice to meet a fellow Komrade! I named my own almost the same.

Mine is the Pan-Kerbin Space Program (Motto: "To the stars through big explosions.") The agency itself is the Pan-Kerbin Space Agency, and the central facility is the Kerbal Space Center (yeah, not very original, but it works).

Which reminds me, I've got to get a writeup about the Yrucrem and OSL programs finished... And to make a flag...

Kromey Kaerospace.

Because I'm Kromey (been that for a lot longer than there's been KSP, so it's just a coincidence that my name starts with a 'K' and kerbals add a 'K' to the beginning of keverything), and because kerbals would obviously name a company "Kaerospace" rather than "Aerospace" (see aforementioned "add a 'K' to the beginning of keverything").

Only just came up with that for 0.22, though, been struggling since 0.17 or so to figure out a name for my space agency.

Field Dynamics, Research and Development. Made it back when RP was a thing as a corporation, but i still like to run it under that guise. We're a multinational private enterprise probing the depths of space, pushing the envelope of space engineering and science as we go, and pushing envelopes is Jeb's specialty.

It's actually quite an immersive element to assign a good name and background to your space program. I've created other legends in my Kerbals, planted legacies on distant moons, and created quite an experience out of developing my own 'company'; it's certainly worth it to get creative with your naming and stick to an immersive title. If i had to give advice, i'd say you ought to find a 'buzzword,' something that is exciting. Coin a parallel term, and use it as your name.

For example, if i was into gyros (the food, i mean, i simply picked something random), i'd be going for a greek style. I might try the Olympus Space program or the Hellenic Space program. My own space program name came out of a mixture of preexisting private space agencies such as SpaceX or Bigelow. Any category can have cool titles if you brainstorm enough.

Oseralis Space Industries, otherwise known as OSI. Picked the name due to a mythological creature in one of my books I wrote when I was younger. A sort of giant eagle. Still haven't made a proper flag yet.

• 2 years later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.