[0.90] Procedural Dynamics - Procedural Wing 0.9.3 Dec 24

DYJ

I can't get this mod to work; I put the ProceduralDynamics in the GameData folder and nothing happens when I try to adjust the wings and nothing shows up on the debug.

I installed this yesterday, and had no problems.

It took a minute for me to figure it out but built a SSTO, a bad one mind you but one that works with it, and it only has 30 parts including the wings. But weighs 80 tons.

Curious if anyone else using Pwings is finding that very heavy craft with very large wings does not get the kind of lift that it should. I had read somewhere in this thread in the past about people needing to manually change the lift in the pwings .cfg, but doesn't the plugin automatically configure the lift of the wing based on the size you make it?

Hodo, I'd like to know how your 80 ton plane flies with it. I'm having a hard time getting my pwings to work over using multiple B9 wings, and I'm only trying to fly 50 tons.

Curious if anyone else using Pwings is finding that very heavy craft with very large wings does not get the kind of lift that it should. I had read somewhere in this thread in the past about people needing to manually change the lift in the pwings .cfg, but doesn't the plugin automatically configure the lift of the wing based on the size you make it?

Hodo, I'd like to know how your 80 ton plane flies with it. I'm having a hard time getting my pwings to work over using multiple B9 wings, and I'm only trying to fly 50 tons.

I have since improved my designs, it works quite well.

1uyd.jpg

Here is one of my better designs and it works surprisingly well.

Thanks Hodo. Went back to using procedural wings and I really like it again.

This is my new (finally working) shuttle.

Looks great! How does she fly? What is her max payload? Is it capable of landing back at KSC?

Looks great! How does she fly? What is her max payload? Is it capable of landing back at KSC?

Thanks guys!

It flies great. It's definitely not a fire and forget type of launch, but it doesn't give me too much trouble thanks to plenty of gimbal room.

It can land unpowered at KSC, but only with the most perfect re-entry. So I added two small modified jets to make landing easier. I'm testing payload out now with 30t.

The OMS and SSME both run off LH2/LOX, so I made the jets run off LH2 like a scaled down version of the Sabre engine.

Once I've got it working the way it should, I'll put up a blog post about it with the craft.

Is that still being worked on? There are a few features I'd like to see. For example, separate keys for root and tip thickness, an option to carry fuel inside, a display of various data such as sweep and taper ratio and different models with different airfoils (the latter two mostly for FAR). Also, procedural control surfaces would be nice.

Oh, and before I forget, I found a bug. When you re-shape a wing with structural attachments, they stay in one place until re-attached. I'm pretty sure it can be fixed, Stretchy Tanks don't do that.

Edited by Guest

Is DYJ still around? Maybe someone could pick up the mod. The license states that his permission is needed before any release, though.

The license states that his permission is needed before any release, though.

Which didn't seem to stop someone from distributing it in a mod pack on Spaceport without permission.

I don't understand why people do this - anyone who could install a mod pack can just get the mod and install it themselves - so the only rationale I can see is that some people want to ride someone else's coattails. Reminds me too much of the whole Technic fiasco for Minecraft.

I wish Spaceport had a Report button.

im just going to say, all these procedural mods look really cool. ive been looking at this one, and the fuel tanks one both. i really want to try them, and ive installed them properly. dropped the "proceduraldynamics" folder into my "gamedata" folder, checked, all parts and plugins are there. when i start the game and place a procedural wing / tank in either the vab or sph, i cannot change their sizes. its like the game dosent recognize im mousing over the part, untill i actually click on it. if the controls are mouse-over, combined with a key (r,t,&g, right?), and the game wont highlight the wing/tank when im mousing over it, then how the hell am i supposed to change the damn shape of the thing? its annoying and starting to piss me off that this ****ing issue hasnt been listed/fixed by now.

TLDR; THE WINGS WONT CHANGE THEIR GODDAMN SHAPE!

In the case you have no other mod that conflict, did you open the packaged file to get just the 'right' folder ?

As it's said in the instal, you have to pick the "ProceduralDynamics" folder, and I got myself confused at first, as the first folder you meet when unpacking is potential "pwingseed", I did the change, et now the whole system work for me. Perhaps worth the look on your side.

Hope it help