[0.90] Procedural Dynamics - Procedural Wing 0.9.3 Dec 24

DYJ

This might be a long shot but do you have part clipping enabled? I've occasionally encountered an issue where I will attempt to place a part and it will just duplicate on top of itself, dropping the framerate until I find a way to get rid of it and I usually have to restart KSP...

This might be a long shot but do you have part clipping enabled? I've occasionally encountered an issue where I will attempt to place a part and it will just duplicate on top of itself, dropping the framerate until I find a way to get rid of it and I usually have to restart KSP...

I have tried with and without part clipping in the SPH and the VAB, no difference.

I'm having the same issue: pWings was working fine before I installed NEAR, now none of the wings will attach. I tried the updated .dll from a couple pages back, tried again with a clean install with just pWings and NEAR, no luck. Running 64-bit Linux.

Even with FAR, things are a problem (wing interaction is still borked for flaps). However, ferram is doing some pretty amazing magic with wings right now (check the FAR thread) so stay tuned. I'll try to get a patch so it at least sortaworks with NEAR in the mean time.

To me, this kind of thing happens when I duplicate pWings with Shift+Click. The duplicated part will always cause this behavior -- craft name disappears, can't save, can't exit, have to force close. As long as I don't duplicate the part and build each wing from scratch, this won't happen.

Edit: Disregard, page 92 and an updated FAR I was unaware of fixed me good.

Hi all,

I am having a terrible time getting PWings to work. Basically I can't get the pwing to attach to my plane. It's easier to explain by showing you, so here's a link to a video I posted on youtube:

http://youtu.be/OyQ2omVGN3o

Killing me to see all the awesome ships being made with this mod and not be able to get it working myself. I appreciate any suggestions, guidance, tips, life hacks etc!

-Phox

Edited by darkphox

Feature request : add grid snapping to all shaping operations with user-defined sizes (that can be turned off ofcourse). Anyone trying to make a square wings or perpendicular trailing edges knows what i'm talking about.

Any chance of an All moving SP+ wing happening? I tried to make a cfg for one in the same way as the AllmovingPWing - Mark 1 was made compared to it's non moving equivalent. That failed, the wing didn't move and FAR went bananas over it.

Does the model itself also need to be changed for ModuleControlSurface/FARControllableSurface to work?

fixed DDL works like a freaking charm, you sir...are awesome

Here is the fix. Looks like in my test install module initialization order was different than in yours, thus the for you (and in a stock KSP + pwings) the Pwings module is added before the stock control surface module. I have added a workaround.

Here is the fixed DLL. The code change was after Line 473

var mCtrlSrf = part.Modules.OfType<ModuleControlSurface>().FirstOrDefault();

insert

if ((object)mCtrlSrf != null)
{

And then close the if at the end of the three mCtrlSrf lines with a }

Again, my apologies for not testing rigorously enough.

EDIT: Note that this is only because KSP's module loader doesn't catch; it would have worked fine ingame, just breaks the loader.

It's due to FAR. FAR caches wing interaction now, so whenever a proc wing changes, all wing interactions* need to be recalculated.

*Ferram suggested "only within a certain area" but I figured better safe than sorry. If it gets very bad, we can optimize. Oh, but check your log in case you haven't updated FAR and it's spewing exceptions, thus causing lag. :]

Is it possible to wait to recalculate wing interactions until you finish making adjustments? Just right clicking shouldn't need recalculation but causes plenty of lag even if you only want to change control surface assignment. Adjusting the sliders or the shape of the wing makes sense but its harder to do small adjustments. Since you have to hold down left-click, T, G or R for these things, is it possible to do those calculations when the key is released instead of doing it continuously? I know this is a bit delayed, but I've been playing career mode so I hadn't unlocked them and 'enjoyed' this yet. It's certainly serviceable as-is, but if you might do optimizations I just wanted to push my vote for that.

Hey! So I just recently stumbled upon this mod after seeing someone mess with the wings in a Youtube video, and it looks awesome :D However I have a question before downloading it, if anyone knows the answer I'd appreciate it!

Does it work correctly with N.E.A.R.?

The reason I ask is because I've been reading a few comments and apparently there are some compatibility issues?

Thanks a lot in advance!

I tried searching before posting this request so apologies if this was already covered. is it possible to have the All Moving wing surface useable as a FLAP?

My Goal is a Variable Incidence wing ala F8U Crusader/ F-8 Crusader. Ideally it would use the standard flap settings for maximum deflection and allow 2 or 3 points of adjustment. I tend to make aircraft that are landing too nose high. This would allow me to reduce the chance of a tail strike on landing (Or Takeoff).

TIA

love the mod, im a first time poster so forgive me if im slow to catch on or missed this in an earlier post. i was wondering if anyone could possibly help with modifying the translation/tip position speed (g key). right now the stock translation speed is so slow it takes many many mouse strokes to scale up a larger wing.

i know theres a cfg file in the procedural dynamics folder and i have tried modifying the scale speed and move speed in that, and also dropping that into the parts and plugins folder, and also cutting the code into the individual part cfgs, all to no avail. was wondering if anyone could help me?

sorry i don't have enough experience with coding to go into the source code itself.

thanks in advance.

Edited by shreddedfuz

I'm using the latest PWing and NathanKell's fixed DLL and it does not seem to load symmetry. Whenever I load a plane created with PWings, I basically get half a plane. If I attempt to load from the runway, the game freezes. I am also using NEAR.

Any chance of trapezoid style control surfaces as far as adjusting the offset like you can with G on a normal procedural wing? Seems to be the only thing I'm disappointed about with this mod. Imo it's really the only thing holding it back from being able to recreate just about any wing/control surface ever made as currently it is impossible to make a conventional rudder on a modern jet airliner/transport. If not could someone tell me if I can edit a current part to perform this function? Perhaps the SPP elevon 5? Mod is awesome anyways, thanks.