You Will Not Go To Space Today - Post your fails here!

Mastodon

Yesterday, i tried to dock the massive heat shield to my grand tour vessel... the material seemed to be a little "stressed"... leaving the 500k vessel (plus some millions to bring the pieces into orbit) crippled in space... not a single module survived undamaged as the trusses whipped back and forth, ripping all those parts off my glorious ship... Joeald Kerman was thrown into a 200 km eccentric orbit in his orbital construction vessel unable to de-orbit on his own, so i had to send a rescue mission.

I thought about reverting the flight, but the design flaws seemed to be so massive, that i decided to let it float as it is – as a monument of my greatest fail... BUT! we will recover from the financial crisis, we shall redesign, relaunch and go for it again! To infin... äh yes, excuse me please.

Too bad, i wasnt fast enough hitting the screenshot key a bit faster... the explosion was awesome :D

ZybkWrk.png

One of mine (no pics)

I had recently discovered ion propulsion, and had used it to put 2 satellites in orbit and fill a test contract for the ion engine. I then decided to send a probe with ion propulsion towards jool. However, just before the burn ended, the power ran out. Though the probe was in sunlight during this time, the ion engine continued to hog electricity, preventing any power from getting to the probe core so I could shut down the engine and recover. Sorry probe, You Will Not go to Jool Today.

Edit: I found another one. Sent a large ship to Duna with a sub-module to drop a rover on Ike. However, I forgot all the science modules on the rover, making it kind of useless for anything science-related.

Edited by Crusher48

A couple days ago I was trying to get a KAS container back in its slot and I accidentally clicked Release on the slot.

The whole ship suddenly tore itself apart. Not one single piece was connected to another. No explosions, it just disassembled completely.

I was speechless, It took me a minute to cope with that.

For some reason I thought that 1300 dV is quite enough to get from Laythe surface to its orbit. I was wrong. But I realized it after I planned my mission for 5 days, patiently constructed a craft and landed it on Laythe. ONLY THEN I looked at dV map. Now Jeb lives there and waits for rescue to come.

I sent a rocket, with 5 probes on it, to Eve. I thought that, while descending to Eve surface, I could release them one at a time so they could land on different biomes.

I eject them gracefully... But when I land the last one, I noticed that the four first probes disappeared!!! I thought that since they were all equipped with a Probodobodyne OKTO they would not disappear! I was wrong... Only the last one worked...

I've just thoroughly confused the game. Maybe this should be a bug report, but the overlaid cockpits was quite funny.

6UMQuii.jpg

"Say, Bob, does it look like my head is static to you?"

"And weren't we in a Command Pod? Or was it a cockpit?

Arrived at Tylo. Tried to unload the lander. Lander got stuck on a Mk2 Illuminator I had put on right next to the cargo bay. No way to get that thing out of the mothership. Mission failed.

One of the many reasons I love KAS. You could just pick it up and move it :)

Yesterday I got to duna with my rover+skycrane+science/mapping probe. Just as I was about the release the probe I noticed that I had forgotten to put a probe core on it. So the moment I release it it will become a very expensive debris..the price is about 100k from the 200k total.

KAS once saved the ass of Jeb. When I landed on Eve he suddenly could not get up the ladder. I managed to grab another ladder and extend the main one. On Kerbin the ladder was Ok. I guess the higher gravity..

In my .90 career save, I finally built a spacecraft to complete the "Explore Eve," contract. Got all the way to Eve orbit, undocked the lander, and wondered why in the world it had no fuel. I realized far too late that I had forgotten to disable the docking port crossfeed (again). I skimped on chutes but went for the landing anyway, using RCS after the chutes deployed. It wasn't enough. The ship disintegrated when it hit the water - I completed the contract but ended up with three Kerbals stuck in the ocean in a capsule with no power and debris floating all around them. I terminated the flight since I couldn't do anything else but leave them sitting there forever. Not my proudest Kerbal moment.

I'm very, very new to KSP. I've just been playing in sandbox mode, and I can't even understand or figure out the orbital maneuvers screen, or the icons you can select and pull there, or what they do.

This one was just a crazy experiment with using four S3 KS-25x4 engine clusters on a single quad-coupler. It was just for fun, and I didn't expect it to go well. That's one reason why there wasn't much fuel onboard.

This was an actual legitimate attempt to make a usable spacecraft.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.