[0.25] PartCatalog 3.0 RC8 (2014-10-08)

BlackNecro

I'm just wondering if anyone using KSP 24.2 32bit been having problems with Part Catalog 3.0RC5 with it completely kicking you out of KSP within just a small amount of time in KSP, I can't even get a 1st Stage completed.

If I need to post any logs/files I can but I'm not sure where they are at.

Thanks,

I personally had issues with PartCatalog with multiple mods (I'm guessing with 1.6.* of KSPAPIExtentions...now with the latest 1.7.* update PartCatalog is working just fine.

My probelm still resides with 1.7. Last night I updated all mods that use it. :(

I propose that the following icon be used for DMagic Orbital Science in the next PartCatalog release:

DMagic_Orbital_Science_On.png: dBPf5Wo.png

DMagic_Orbital_Science_Off.png: E0uxtu1.png

Based on official DMagic Orbital Science logo by sumghai. Used with permission.

EDIT: also, I request that Keramzit_*.png be renamed to ProceduralFairings_*.png and that Engineer_*.png be renamed to KerbalEngineer_*.png. That way they will get assigned by default to recent versions of the respective mods. I think that's all the folder name changes that I'm aware of.

Edited by Starstrider42

Sorry for the delay guys, kinda busy at the moment.

I just finished packing up RC6 which should fix most of the troubles you guys had with lua scripts making it impossible to use the catalog with certain mods as well as fixing visibility for experimental parts.

Due to new lua library structure this release requires a clean installation so make sure to delete your partcatalog folder before installing it.

Hopefully this is the last RC for 3.0 and as soon as 3.0 is stable I will focus on two other mod projects as well (for a total of four then), so new feature releases will probably be slower than before.

So grab RC6 from the first post and keep me posted on your experiences.

Hello. First, this is an awesome mod. *IGNORE*Really amazing. Second however, I'm not sure if its just me, but the New Tag button in the settings GUI isn't working. I press the button while having various things selected, but no new tag pops up. Just downloaded 10 min ago, so I'm not sure how its supposed to work. Any feedback would be appreciated, thanks :) *END IGNORE*

Never mind, I guess I just didn't see it earlier or something. It works perfectly.

Edited by civilwargeeky

OH my gosh! This is probably one of the most useful mods I've seen, especially for any one who uses different mods. Thank you so much for releasing this!!! ALSO- if any one could do a small icon with a shuttle's image or something else I could use for KSO (Kerbal Shuttle Orbiter) that would be great.

Edited by Bob Jub

The ability to scroll through parts categories with the mousewheel alone makes this mod indispensable, the rest is just gravy. Thanks so much for your mod. My only concern is that my log file is filled with exceptions like this:

[ERR 22:37:23.506] MechJeb moduleRegistry creation threw an exception in LoadComputerModules loading PartCatalog, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null: System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.

at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at MuMech.MechJebCore.LoadComputerModules () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

EDIT: and this

System.Security.SecurityException: Assembly C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\KSPLua\KopiLua.dll tried to use forbidden type System.Diagnostics.Process!

Allows launching of external processes.

at AssemblyLoader.ScanForBadTypeRefs (System.String file) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at AssemblyLoader.LoadExternalAssembly (System.String file) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

and this

FileNotFoundException: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\KSPLua\bin/win/x86/lua5.2 does not exist

Should I be concerned?

Edited by Sarayakat

Hopefully this is the last RC for 3.0 and as soon as 3.0 is stable I will focus on two other mod projects as well (for a total of four then), so new feature releases will probably be slower than before.

So grab RC6 from the first post and keep me posted on your experiences.

Seems to be working so far, but there is one minor problem:

The VAB/SPH interface changed in 0.24, and because of that quite a few button placements are clipping through various portions of the new interface.

For example, try making a career save in 0.24, entering the VAB and setting the Toolbar Position to "Bottom" with the Config Button Position on "Bottom Right".

With this setup, the toolbar sits over the Center of Lift icon, and the config buttons are right on top of the new contracts and notifications buttons.

There's also a border around the "reset staging" button in the bottom right that covers about half of the settings button.

As far as I can tell, there's no problems with either the stock interface or the catalog buttons, beyond accidentally clicking buttons you didn't want to.

I also mentioned this back when 0.24 came out in this post.

System.Security.SecurityException: Assembly C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\KSPLua\KopiLua.dll tried to use forbidden type System.Diagnostics.Process!

Allows launching of external processes.

at AssemblyLoader.ScanForBadTypeRefs (System.String file) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at AssemblyLoader.LoadExternalAssembly (System.String file) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I ran into a similar issue while trying to use GNU RCS (an ancient version-control system) from within KSP. Squad has disabled access to System.Diagnostics.Process for security reasons (as seen in the log message).

FileNotFoundException: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\KSPLua\bin/win/x86/lua5.2 does not exist

Looks like a *N?X/Windows pathname issue, could probably be fixed with an assembly config file tweak for whichever DLL is trying to import said library.

Hi all,

Firstly...Thanks a lot for this mod!

I cant seem to make it show in-game. The game is stable and does not crash.

What info do you guys need to be able to help?

Btw: win7 - 32 bit KSP - 115 mods

I had the same problem shortly after 0.24 release. Just try a complete fresh reinstall of PartCatalog. That solved the problem on my machine.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.