What Will Be The First Thing You Do In 0.21?

The Jedi Master

As we oh-so-patiently wait for update 0.21 to come out, some of us plan for it. After all, it will be breaking saves, and what better way to begin a huge project than a fresh start? We don't know what the new parts may be (or even if they'll be any, for that matter), so of course it may be even more grandeur than we imagine. But until it comes, we shall plan...

As for me, I plan to thoroughly explore the neglected little planet known as Moho. First, an unmanned rover. Then, a manned landing. Then, a manned rover. Then a base... I feel like a mad scientist. MWUHAHAHAHAHA!

O so many things to do! I suppose the first thing will be checking out all the new stuff (of course right?). After that will be an accounting or the mods that are broken vs those that aren't / which ones would I like to keep.

Next will depend on if RemoteTech is working or not, first thing would be to create my communication network.

If its broke, I'll probably start with a simple "Comsat" anyway. :)

1) where do I go to alpha test the new version pre-release, which I hear so many people doing.

2) my plan is to put my space dock back up and start assembly on the massive craft that will then turn itself into my Munar Kethane base. It shall be the first of 3.

Fly around the space center first, to drink in that B9-style architecture goodness. Then I'll do what I usually do when I start a new space program: Test suborbital rockets, then put rockets in orbit, then put space probes in orbit, then build a space station, then off to the Mun and beyond!

The same thing we do after every update, Pinky. Try to take over the Mun!

Err well actually that's probably 3rd or 4th on my list :), probably the very first thing I'm going to do is explore the new KSC and marvel at how awesome it is (isn't Kerbin getting some texture upgrades too? In which case I'll probably do both surface and aerial reconnaissance of the KSC and surrounding area). Then it's off to check out the new parts / functions and throw some probes / satellites back into orbit and onwards to the Mun.

So we will get some new textures, broken savegames and maybe a few more parts?

What´s happening with the big updates? We see the same "problem" in minecraft. An update takes months and brings nothing except a retextured pig ._. ?

Buzz the tower.

Argh, I was just about to say that no-one had mentioned that! :huh:

Well, I'm not actually going to buzz the tower anyway. I will be admiring the new centre in a rover (I'll buzz the tower eventually :P). However, I'm going to recreate and upgrade several ships, and regain my footholds on other worlds, starting with Mun. I'm also planning a nice big Duna mission, similar to Constellation but not so complicated. I doubt I'd be able to pull anything this stupendous off, anyway!

2 plans, 1 set a Mun operation (Kerbin station , Mun Station, Mun mining operation , Mun command operation) and 2 design a craft to explore the hardest bloody planet to explore in the whole system....Kerbin (IF the new terrain gets in that was teased).

Launch about half a dozen satellites into geostationary orbit to get my Kerbin comm array back online. Can't do much of anything without comms**!

**at least if you have RemoteTech installed.

Edited by Jason Cox

First manned mun landing. So far I only sent two rovers there, one crashed while landing, the other is happily alive and roaming around. I also think my mun probe spotted an ester egg.

I also want to send a lot of satellites/probes around Kerbin after seeing this video

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.