[1.0.2] NovaPunch 2.09. - May 6th - 1.0 Compatibility Update

Tiberion

The first one: the missive texture is an emissive, which are used to make engines glow typically. That part is not an engine, and thus doesn't need it. I already removed the emssive shader here locally, so the error will be gone next time, but it shouldn't affect anything as-is.

The other errors are "stock" and all decouplers seem to cause them. They're harmless.

There is an error in the gimbal config of the NP_lfe_125m_RMA3

gimbalTransformName = Engine_Nozzel

should be

gimbalTransformName = Engine_Nozzle

Here is a ModuleManager patch to fix it : https://www.sarbian.com/sarbian/NPFix.cfg

@PART[NP_lfe_125m_RMA3]:AFTER[NovaPunch2]
{
@MODULE[ModuleGimbal]
{
@gimbalTransformName = Engine_Nozzle
}
}

Edited by sarbian

Are you basing the error on it being misspelled, or did you verify that some .mu files had an Engine_Nozzle gimbal transform?

Because quite a few of the engines do in fact have transforms named Engine_Nozzel (yep, misspelled, but not by me, I just haven't wanted to re-export to fix them) and that MM config will definitely break their gimbal function, so I don't recommend using it.

Just wanted to say that this is an excellent mod, but I do have a question. When I attach the Yawmaster 2500 Service Module to a craft and put a kerbal into it, he doesn't show up on the bottom right corner of the screen with the other kerbals in the craft. I also can't switch to his IVA from inside the craft. Is this normal, or is something screwed up on my end?

Just wanted to say that this is an excellent mod, but I do have a question. When I attach the Yawmaster 2500 Service Module to a craft and put a kerbal into it, he doesn't show up on the bottom right corner of the screen with the other kerbals in the craft. I also can't switch to his IVA from inside the craft. Is this normal, or is something screwed up on my end?

It's normal. The Yawmaster service module has no IVA, just like the stock Science Lab. To get the Kerbal out again, click on the hatch.

• 3 weeks later...

Tiberion, there is a problem with 0.25 and parts that use scaled models. To illustrate, your SAS and ASRBs:

From top to bottom: 1.25, 2.5, 3.75, 5

gJpqFdm.jpg

Left: 1.25m ASRB

Right: 0.625m mini-ASRB

RNMkByi.jpg

Fairings, nosecones and small escape tower are also affected.

Edited by biohazard15

Here's a workaround for the SAS modules. The changes need to be made to each partxm.cfg in NovaPunch2\Parts\SAS\NP_SAS_1_25m and are listed below.

Just open each partxm.cfgs and replace the two sections.

part1m.cfg:

// --- asset parameters ---
MODEL
{
model = NovaPunch2/Parts/SAS/NP_SAS_1_25m/model
scale = 0.8, 0.8, 0.8
}
scale = 1.0

// --- node definitions ---
// definition format is Position X, Position Y, Position Z, Up X, Up Y, Up Z
node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.063, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0,1
node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.063, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0,1

part2m.cfg:

MODEL
{
scale = 1.64, 1.64, 1.64
}
scale = 1.64

node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.063, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0,2
node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.063, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0,2

part3m.cfg:

MODEL
{
scale = 2.512, 2.512, 2.512
}
scale = 2.512

node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.063, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0,3
node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.063, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0,3

part5m.cfg:

MODEL
{
scale = 3.4096,3.4096,3.4096
}
scale = 3.4096

node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.063, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0,4
node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.063, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0,4

FFImGN8.png

Other than that, I've only checked the engine, launch escape, misc and RCS models from NP 2.06c and they show up fine.

I've computed the x,y,z scale values for the parts like this:

1.25m: 0+0.8 = 0.8000

2.50m: 1+0.8^2 = 1.6400

3.75m: 2+0.8^3 = 2.5120

5.00m: 3+0.8^4 = 3.4096

So if you need to fix other parts, try the values above for a start.

Also make sure that you remove any "rescalefactor=" line from the part.cfg and that "scale=" has the same value as the part's scale (this scales the attach nodes).

Be careful with SAS - as I found out several months ago, there is a weird bug with their attach nodes, which makes some craft unstable.

Also, many models in NP use TGA textures, which is not recommended now due to bug in 0.25. Although I must say that I NEVER encountered any bug with TGA, 0.25 or earlier - but I use OpenGL.

Be careful with SAS - as I found out several months ago, there is a weird bug with their attach nodes, which makes some craft unstable.

Also, many models in NP use TGA textures, which is not recommended now due to bug in 0.25. Although I must say that I NEVER encountered any bug with TGA, 0.25 or earlier - but I use OpenGL.

Still, .tga files use more than twice as much memory as .png and .mbm, as it turns out. So maybe just convert to .png anyway?

So if you need to fix other parts, try the values above for a start.

Also make sure that you remove any "rescalefactor=" line from the part.cfg and that "scale=" has the same value as the part's scale (this scales the attach nodes).

I strongly recommend to use rescaleFactor = 1, at least for all parts than can be used as first part on a vessel.

Or it will look ugly if you reload the scene.

I strongly recommend to use rescaleFactor = 1, at least for all parts than can be used as first part on a vessel.

Or it will look ugly if you reload the scene.

Is this the same bug that is addressed for the stock parts with this mod?

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/96339-0-25-StockScalingBugFix-V2-MM-Update-fixed-some-mishaps

Yes, if you use anything else than rF = 1 that can be first part on a vessel.

Read:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/96339-0-25-StockScalingBugFix-V2-MM-Update-fixed-some-mishaps?p=1472218&viewfull=1#post1472218

It's a relatively rare bug (depends on the player) and some people might never encounter it, but for those who do it's annoying. Especially if it affects existing crafts.

Edited by slumpie

Yeah, I recognize that bug. KW Rocketry and its 1.25m Vesta engine. I've had (and still have) a nice little ship that uses it; that engine was a first part in its subassembly. Man, that was a PLAGUE.

That being said, modders should refrain from using that "scale-rescale" stuff. They should apply KISS principle in case of such things.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.