(KSP 1.10 + 1.12 ) Mission Controller 3.2.0 (Final Version) (Updated 6/25/2021)

malkuth

Using MCE, I had the opportunity to find a Asteroid Redirect Mission with the contracts near the start of a game career. Had to left go as the named asteroid was not coming close enough to Kerbin at the time (MCE was at version 0.62 back then).

Now, there is another asteroid going to strike Kerbin dead-on. I have a slot free in the contracts, but unfortunately no ARM contract appears (MCE 0.65 now). More than 2 game days passed since that asteroid entered Kerbin's SoI, still nothing.

The above makes me consider if MCE is made aware of the game state. Probably not, as it may mean to deal with very complex situations. Believe MCE reads only about the state of its own stuff (missions, budget, ships, kerbals, etc...) but there is no (at now) a system to check (e.g. from the persistent.sfs) if a specific situation exists, and use that for filling contracts slots.

Anyway, I'm going for ARM with that 'roid above, can't let it come down without doing anything. So, tried to "generate" a user contract for ARM by copying the relevant section from MCContracts.cfg, and amended the name of the 'roid written in the MCE career *.sp file, to show the correct one. The contract shows fine in the contracts window, but there's something weird in the mission window, it only shows "This mission has docking Goal or Undock. It must be done in one sitting, the docking goals are not saved to bypass issues with Vesel ID's". No conditions shown. Would be glad to know if I'm doing something wrong, and how to correct that.

Best bet is to use debug tool to make arm mission come up. Then change the name of target asteroid it's saved in the sp file.

I was thinking if adding arm mission to custom contracts and allowing player to select from list of available asteroids.

Best bet is to use debug tool to make arm mission come up. Then change the name of target asteroid it's saved in the sp file.

Thanks for your reply. Did activate the debug, cleaned contracts and generated ARM. Shows similar to what I had, so it must be good. Again amended to the asteroid name of my choice

(BTW, is the "unloaded" text to have any effect? I see it is always set for any asteroid when going through the names)

I was thinking if adding arm mission to custom contracts and allowing player to select from list of available asteroids.

Please do, when you can. Would be a neat solution. The selection list is much better than having asteroid names taken casually from the game (to me, that is what MCE seems to be doing).

Thanks for your reply. Did activate the debug, cleaned contracts and generated ARM. Shows similar to what I had, so it must be good. Again amended to the asteroid name of my choice

(BTW, is the "unloaded" text to have any effect? I see it is always set for any asteroid when going through the names)

Please do, when you can. Would be a neat solution. The selection list is much better than having asteroid names taken casually from the game (to me, that is what MCE seems to be doing).

Yes you have to have the unloaded part in the name. Because when flight is unloaded KSP names everything with unloaded. Even in flight MCE gives the vessel name unloaded just to overcome all this. So MCE is always looking for an asteroid name + unloaded.

Yes you have to have the unloaded part in the name. Because when flight is unloaded KSP names everything with unloaded. Even in flight MCE gives the vessel name unloaded just to overcome all this. So MCE is always looking for an asteroid name + unloaded.

Many thanks, Malkuth. Followed your suggestions, and could make for the contract correctly. Mission completed, all worked fine.

Hey, love the plug-in.

I just have one minor complaint, the User Contract screen is too tall for my monitor.

I am using "MCE .65".

My monitor is 1366x768.

It flips out when I try to click on a button. Switching between bottom of the screen alinement and top.

If there is a fix let me know and I will attempt that.

Edited by Vascar

So I just installed played a few missions. Seems great. II'm on one where you have to do an eva and reach a max altitude of 86000 but when I get back in the ship after the eva it turns ttue to false for that mission like I never did it

So I just installed played a few missions. Seems great. II'm on one where you have to do an eva and reach a max altitude of 86000 but when I get back in the ship after the eva it turns ttue to false for that mission like I never did it

Doesn't matter. The goal is still completed and you do get paid for the mission. But there is a "hide completed goals" button to avoid problems with this kind of stuff. Doesn't appear on the "mini" window though.

Doesn't matter. The goal is still completed and you do get paid for the mission. But there is a "hide completed goals" button to avoid problems with this kind of stuff. Doesn't appear on the "mini" window though.

Not only does it not appear on the mini window, the mini window doesn't pay any attention to the fact that it has been clicked in the big main window, which I would call a bug. If you click the hide button in the main window, then change to the mini view, in the mini view the hidden goals are still showing.

I think it's a user interface "bug" that there's no indication that a goal has been done other than that button. What if each goal had a line at the bottom that just said "Goal Completed? : False" and then changed to "True" when it's done? On that line could be a smaller button that says "view/collapse goal" that makes the goal text (including the completed true/false line) collapse down to one line, like the way a folder viewer in a file browser lets you collapse or expand a folder's view.

Sorry if you've covered this before Malkuth, but how does MCE handle cost? I find a problem with engines being wildly priced. MCE prices the Horizon Aeronautics Zenit engines at 120k and some command pods at 25K+. Anything I can do to make stuff cheaper? Ive already unlocked all the research as well.

Sorry if you've covered this before Malkuth, but how does MCE handle cost? I find a problem with engines being wildly priced. MCE prices the Horizon Aeronautics Zenit engines at 120k and some command pods at 25K+. Anything I can do to make stuff cheaper? Ive already unlocked all the research as well.

Not sure about the cost of the Zenit not sure what it is. But engine cost is based off ISP ratings.. The higher the ISP the more the engine cost.

The command pods are priced per kerbal that can sit in it.. So if you have a strange command pod that can seat 25 kerbals its going to be expensive.

All cost can be changed in the MCESettings.cfg file.

Not only does it not appear on the mini window, the mini window doesn't pay any attention to the fact that it has been clicked in the big main window, which I would call a bug. If you click the hide button in the main window, then change to the mini view, in the mini view the hidden goals are still showing.

I think it's a user interface "bug" that there's no indication that a goal has been done other than that button. What if each goal had a line at the bottom that just said "Goal Completed? : False" and then changed to "True" when it's done? On that line could be a smaller button that says "view/collapse goal" that makes the goal text (including the completed true/false line) collapse down to one line, like the way a folder viewer in a file browser lets you collapse or expand a folder's view.

Its not a bug. ;)

Its just not part of the code for the Mini View yet. Mini vies is still a WIP type of screen.

So I just installed MCE .65 and started a new save, but none of my ships seem to drain the budget?

I checked the ships built log and it's still empty, even after trying a bunch of stuff. I checked the faq but this doesn't seem like something that has been brought up, what am I doing wrong?

So I just installed MCE .65 and started a new save, but none of my ships seem to drain the budget?

I checked the ships built log and it's still empty, even after trying a bunch of stuff. I checked the faq but this doesn't seem like something that has been brought up, what am I doing wrong?

Make sure its installed right.

1. Two directories mission controller and toolbar exist in the gamedata folder.

2. Make sure you don't have disabled plugin on in settings.

Make sure its installed right.

1. Two directories mission controller and toolbar exist in the gamedata folder.

2. Make sure you don't have disabled plugin on in settings.

It is, had the toolbar a long time before this. Everything works, it calculates ship cost, gives me missions and all that. The only thing it doesn't do is drain my budget.

Wow, it's been a while since I was in this thread! Great to see the mod continuing to evolve and improve.

I'd been meaning to do this a long time, so: for folks using RSS/Real Fuels, here is a patch designed to give fuels their real cost. When I designed the cost system I (roughly) assumed a "k" was $1000US; in this patch fuels have their 1960 cost; engine costs should also be quite close (engine costs dominate stage costs; I was unable to find costs for engines, but I seem to be able to model the cost of stages decently).

So...if folks do use RSS/RF/RO, please try out the patch and see how the costs go (whether rocket costs, and in particular the sub-categories, match 1960 costs). I plan to include it in the next RO (so stick the file in the RO folder).

Note this is an MM patch, and therefore goes in the RO folder (or elsewhere if you don't have RO); do not try to replace your existing MCSettings.cfg with it (conveniently, it's not named that).

Bug in 0.65 with RealChutes. I had a 1st stage with 2 real chutes however MCE detected realchute parts 8 times (4 times each), giving me 4x the drag when the stage was unloaded.

Edward

The calculation actually names each part and accounts for each part on the vessel that is being unloaded. If you have double vessels that are being calculated then it will name all parts on both stages. So if you have a booster + engine + 2 chuts. Drop a pair of these then you should see 8 parts show up in the list when doing the calculations.

It is, had the toolbar a long time before this. Everything works, it calculates ship cost, gives me missions and all that. The only thing it doesn't do is drain my budget.

Normal mode or hardcore mode and what other mods do you have. Something is not set up right because it works fine on my end.

The calculation actually names each part and accounts for each part on the vessel that is being unloaded. If you have double vessels that are being calculated then it will name all parts on both stages. So if you have a booster + engine + 2 chuts. Drop a pair of these then you should see 8 parts show up in the list when doing the calculations.

No boosters just a single first stage. The 8 parts were listed as RealChute parts. The other parts in the stage (engines, tanks etc) were also shown but I am not referring to them.

No boosters just a single first stage. The 8 parts were listed as RealChute parts. The other parts in the stage (engines, tanks etc) were also shown but I am not referring to them.

I see so 2 chutes added up to 8 in calculations? Ill take a look when I get chance. What chute were you using for I can use the same one?

Edited by malkuth

I see so 2 chutes added up to 8 in calculations? Ill take a look when I get chance. What chute were you using for I can use the same one?

The RealChute radial chute, RC_radial. Symmetry mode 2, then made it autosize for a 4m/s landing speed on Kerbin and applied to part and symmetry counterparts.

Edward

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.