(KSP 1.10 + 1.12 ) Mission Controller 3.2.0 (Final Version) (Updated 6/25/2021)

malkuth

n4KIsZ0.jpgbmAbYVz.jpgpI1qn8h.jpg

After the "petals" open, the antenna extends and scans. Tested in Unity Editor.

@h3ron: 64-bit is unstable. Recommend you revert to 32-bit unless you have a million mods. I use about three dozen mods with 32-bit, and 12 gig memory.

Edited by Apollo13

http://i.imgur.com/n4KIsZ0.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/pI1qn8h.jpg

After the "petals" open, the antenna extends and scans.

@h3ron: 64-bit is unstable. Recommend you revert to 32-bit unless you have a million mods. I use about three dozen mods with 32-bit, and 12 gig memory.

Nice apollo.

Been putting my thoughts into how I will be using these parts, thinking about using them as is and looking up some realistic instruments that nasa actually is using right now. Then implementing them in game by requirement in a contract in some way. Maybe like Dmagic uses his parts. But I want some sort of twist too it. So I'm still working it out. That way I can use your parts the way you give them to me.

I will get it all figured out eventually. ;)

So the luna 2 contract I did everything on it transmit and all that then it said crash the vessel into the mun and I did that but it didnt complete the contract I spent all my funds on that mission ;.; So how do I complete it??

nevermind got it complete by launching a new rocket and crashing it

I had this experience...

Attempt 1. Luna 2 crashed just after it lost radio contact with KSP via RemoteTech and the contract did not complete.

Attempt 2. I took care to ensure that power and line of sight to KSP was retained right up to the moment of impact. The contract completed normally.

Possibly RT2 users need to be connected and in full control when it crashes or maybe RT2 is not involved and it is simply that Luna 2 needs to have electrical power remaining at the crash. Actually, my outcome is quite true to the historical as the moment of loss of signal was the critical evidence that Luna 2 had really hit the Moon, cool :).

I had this experience...

Attempt 1. Luna 2 crashed just after it lost radio contact with KSP via RemoteTech and the contract did not complete.

Attempt 2. I took care to ensure that power and line of sight to KSP was retained right up to the moment of impact. The contract completed normally.

Possibly RT2 users need to be connected and in full control when it crashes or maybe RT2 is not involved and it is simply that Luna 2 needs to have electrical power remaining at the crash. Actually, my outcome is quite true to the historical as the moment of loss of signal was the critical evidence that Luna 2 had really hit the Moon, cool :).

The crash event uses an event that is from ksp. So all mce is doing is looking for it when it happens and then making the objective complete. How that might be effected by rt2 I'm not sure. Then again the vessel needs to be active vessel. So if losing com means no longer active vessel then it makes sense.

Edited by malkuth

According to the contract, I've not reached an altitude of 90,000. However, as can be seen by by the altimeter and the kData readout, my altitude, Apoapsis, and Periapsis are all above 100,000. Had to Alt-F12 to complete.

BTW: the cupola is unmanned for now.

JhsihTB.jpg

According to the contract, I've not reached an altitude of 90,000. However, as can be seen by by the altimeter and the kData readout, my altitude, Apoapsis, and Periapsis are all above 100,000. Had to Alt-F12 to complete.

BTW: the cupola is unmanned for now.

http://i.imgur.com/JhsihTB.jpg

Hmmm only thing I can think about is that when you launched you launched into a lower orbbit say 75000, then brought vessel into orbit. Then raised orbit to 90000. Just looked at how I wrote this and you have to be suborbital for it to work.

I will release a fix for it next version and get rid of the suborbital part.

Most of the time when I launch a vessel I launch to the desired height while still sub orbital. Then I level out the orbit.

Most of the time when I launch a vessel I launch to the desired height while still sub orbital. Then I level out the orbit.

I don't do that. It's less efficient than establishing orbit at 70k-73k. Then, I achieve target orbit. I never go immediately to target orbit altitude on launch. The contact says "Achieve an Altitude of at least 90000". Perhaps you can simply change that to "Achieve a sub-orbital Altitude of at least 90000." Although, your planned fix is a better solution.

Edited by Apollo13

New poll up asking what kind of contracts you will like to see in future updates.

The reason the last part says expand civilian type contracts is because I will be releasing a few Civilian type contracts in the next updates. Think Russian Federation civilian seats, Virgin Galactic sub orbitals. Etc.

I don't do that. It's less efficient than establishing orbit at 70k-73k. Then, I achieve target orbit. I never go immediately to target orbit altitude on launch. The contact says "Achieve an Altitude of at least 90000". Perhaps you can simply change that to "Achieve a sub-orbital Altitude of at least 90000." Although, your planned fix is a better solution.

So basically thats a yes. :) Good to know. Be finished in next version. ;)

But of feedback...

could the Agena docking contracts have the crew changed to other than one? Couldn't figure out why it want completing @ first.

Hmmm not sure I understand the question. Agena has no crew, and the Gemini capsule should.

Hmmm not sure I understand the question. Agena has no crew, and the Gemini capsule should.

Right, I mean the "dock to Agena" mission. It specifies a crew of 1, that usually means 1 only. One shall be the number of thy crew, and the number of thy crew shall be one. As is not two. Or is it at least one?

and since my current mission is bugged and stuck in orbit till I can fix it, is that first Agena nesecssary for later missions, or can I deorbit with it and there will be a contract to launch another before the next dock mission?

Never thought about loans. Hmmm to me seems the advance contracts usually give are usually enough to keep you afloat.

Also beware in old mce you could go into debt and that would usually be bad. But in the new contract system you can never fall below 0.

Never thought about loans. Hmmm to me seems the advance contracts usually give are usually enough to keep you afloat.

Also beware in old mce you could go into debt and that would usually be bad. But in the new contract system you can never fall below 0.

I find the advances are fine, but if you mess up a launch it can be messy and I'm a stickler for not using the revert button. While you can't go negative you can't really do anything at 0 cash and it's pretty much game over.

Hope Squad are planning a sort of grants system based on reputation which would be cool.

Great job malkuth! I have a couple of ideas. Feel free to use them if oyu like them:

Suggestions for missions.

SSTO: I rather miss missions that require the use of SSTOs. Maybe as part of the satellite missions, where you receive extra bonuses for deploying and/or recovering a satellite with a SSTO.

Storyline for lack of a better word: Contracts that build on already accomplished missions. Maybe add a rover to a base, add specific modules to previously established space station. Move satellite to new orbit (with SSTO for extra Bonus) and so forth.

Allowing for other mods. With KAS you could add EVA repair missions. In Kerbin orbit that could again include extra bonus if accomplished using a SSTO. With Scansat, you could earn bonusses for completing specific mapping missions.

Great job malkuth! I have a couple of ideas. Feel free to use them if oyu like them:

SSTO: I rather miss missions that require the use of SSTOs. Maybe as part of the satellite missions, where you receive extra bonuses for deploying and/or recovering a satellite with a SSTO.

Storyline for lack of a better word: Contracts that build on already accomplished missions. Maybe add a rover to a base, add specific modules to previously established space station. Move satellite to new orbit (with SSTO for extra Bonus) and so forth.

Allowing for other mods. With KAS you could add EVA repair missions. In Kerbin orbit that could again include extra bonus if accomplished using a SSTO. With Scansat, you could earn bonusses for completing specific mapping missions.

Good ideas. I like the one about adding optional SSTO to satellite missions.

Speaking of satellite missions going to be a brand new one in next version that can use any mod part that is part of the Science Class and randomly add it to the satellite as Objective. No need for configs to add them yourself, MCE will find them for you. The only downside to this system is that it will literally find any Science part. ANY. Including the lab. LOL. Makes for pretty interesting contracts. :)

Working hard right now on trying to get the first Civilian contract working the way I want. But still hitting the hurtle with how limited the contract system actually is. :(

Test Version Mission Controller 1.07 Available.

This is a test version. Or pre release version of mission controller 1.07. This is not an official release. If you are interested in testing out the new version of Mission Controller then you are free to download this. Otherwise I would wait until

official release comes out.

If you test this version please report any issue HERE. (Use header Test Version for I know what version your using).

Whats Changed in 1.07 Test HERE.

Download this Version HERE.

Some notes:

The new civilian contract is random based. Works similar to how repair contracts work. Don't try to spam them into existence. Its bool based. The bool will only turn true if you change scenes, and its percentage chance kicks in.

You should be able to cheat it in with ALT-12 menu though.

Edited by malkuth

I haven't played around with SSTOs in career mode, but shouldn't they be it's own reward? By allowing the recovery of all the hardware? I don't think it should require a special bonus in order to push players to use SSTOs.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.