Solar Eclipse' and other celestial events!

Killerdude8

I've seen a screenshot of one before, I think it just happens in peoples' games and they take note but don't really talk much about it. Maybe. Or maybe I just haven't seen people talking about such things XD

Either way, I do quite like that those events happen. Makes the universe feel just a bit more real. I don't think I've seen one in my game just yet, though. Then again, It's probably happened and I didn't notice 'cause I don't go looking for them >_>

That's a fantastic find. I've seen other people post various interesting transits of various bodies but that is certainly the nicest eclipse I've seen. I think the only notable thing I've seen is a transit of Minmus over the Mun when I was on Kerbin escape, via the cupola module, but I don't think I took a screenshot because I was time warping.

You won't think they're so nice when you try to steer your unmanned probe to no avail, only to find, after many button mashes, that the eclipse prevented your solar panels from charging your battery.

Happened with me during launch, I've lost my ship :0.0:

They are very common because all the celestial bodies are so small, so the orbits are very quick. But it's great when it happens, first or thirtieth time.

I remember when I first saw one - I made a folder full of screenshots :)

Due to the inclinations being 0 degrees eclipses are very common. The only eclipse I've seen so far was when I landed a lander on a peak of eternal light on the south pole of the Mun. Although the light wasn't quite eternal because Kerbin would eclipse the sun once a Mun day.

You won't think they're so nice when you try to steer your unmanned probe to no avail, only to find, after many button mashes, that the eclipse prevented your solar panels from charging your battery.

You can get eclipses very far away I once got one outside Minmus orbit, weirder you could see the sun but not Kerbin. I just noticed it as I was converting kethane, run out of power and the solar panels told it was blocked by Kerbin.

And they can be a bit dangerous, had one during an trip to Mun, I was a bit lucky in the accident, I was able to burn so much I managed to get into Mun orbit and could circulate at the next Pe. Had I not I might get slingshot into solar orbit, note that the small engines don't give electricity then burning and you need power to rotate.

I've had I think two mun solar eclipses, and an Eve transit. I obviously forgot to screencap the Eve transit.

EDIT: I'd just really wish that solar eclipses actually darkened the terrain, as if it was night. I've also had kerbin go in front of the sun while on the mun. That happen once every mun day (that would be one kerbin munth, right?)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.