[1.0] Enhanced Navball 1.3

kitoban

OMEGERSH! Whoopee! Been jonesin' for a big navball in the lower right corner of my screen. Still one of the three mods I can't play without. Great work!

Edit- Is there a way for me to move the ENB button?

Edited by Aethon

Edit- Is there a way for me to move the ENB button?

using toolbar mod allows for easy moving however without it the icon position is controllable by some manual edits to the config file:

In GameData\EnhancedNavBall\Plugins\PluginData\EnhancedNavBall\config.xml

This entry controls the position:

<rect name="IconPos">

<xmin>184</xmin>

<xmax>216</xmax>

<ymin>0</ymin>

<ymax>32</ymax>

</rect>

allow for a size of 32X32 xmin-xmax, and same on ymin-ymax and you should be able to locate this anywhere on the screen.

i.e. xmin - 0, xmax - 32, ymin - 0, ymax-32 would be the top left corner.

Note if file does not exist load the game once with mod installed and it should be generated.

K Alshain, I booted the game to get this right. Reproduce these steps and you'll see the ghosted maneuver node.

Go to a ship in orbit. Click the ENB button. Set ENB Maneuver Pointer to 'Disable'. Make a maneuver node on the current ships' trajectory. Pull out the maneuver node in any dimension (add dv to the maneuver node). Enjoy the ghosted node as it appears.

Hope this helps.

I'll try again later tonight. When I tried last night I hit button after creating the node, that might be the difference and if it is the bug is too minor to waste time trying to fix. Also, I tried both Enable and Disable but that is very confusing, especially with ergonomic cues. If "Disable" means it's turned on, then the button should be lit, but it's backward.

Reading this I think I see where the confusion is, I was trying to provide a prompt on the button as to what it is going to do, but think with the button depressed being it's current state and the text being the state that it would be when click leads to this confusion.

I'll look into clarifying this next update but aethon's instruction should resolve.

as far as moving icon without the toolbar

So that's a no then.

is possible, just requires messing in config file and maths :)

and another request is for an AP and PE display. can you modify the navball window to toggle a AP/PE disply in the window marked here?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/75023494/woNVfXv.jpg

There's plenty of mods around that show this data. If you're after a lightweight one that has that Info near the navball, I recommend Kerbal Flight Data -http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/80842-Kerbal-Flight-Data-%2822-05-2014%29

Edited by ObsessedWithKSP

• 2 weeks later...
Reading this I think I see where the confusion is, I was trying to provide a prompt on the button as to what it is going to do, but think with the button depressed being it's current state and the text being the state that it would be when click leads to this confusion.

I'll look into clarifying this next update but aethon's instruction should resolve.

Personally, I'm still lost. What do turning these on/off actually do? I'd rather know what is happening than rely on aethon's incantation ;)

• 4 weeks later...
There's plenty of mods around that show this data. If you're after a lightweight one that has that Info near the navball, I recommend Kerbal Flight Data -http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/80842-Kerbal-Flight-Data-%2822-05-2014%29

yes many mods with the data but lightweight is key, and also aesthetics is just as important. It would just be a nice place to have it, and have it look like it was meant to be, rather than tacked on. And since this is a "NAV Ball" mod I figure I may as well ask for this to be included in it, as this info should have been displayed here in vanilla KSP in my opinion. Also just because it is available in other mods does not mean it should not be included. if implemented in this way it does not detract from anything, if you do not want to use it, just ignore it, as it will be just another display in the cycle that this window already cycles with. However if you do want this information it will be available in an aesthetically pleasing way.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a small feature request. One small issue is always having to bring up the navball in map mode. Could an option be added to always have it active in map mode? Small issue, but very annoying. Thanks for the great mod!

Could you provide some more details? The Ghosting should be following the motion of travel, prograde/retrograde, Not sure which vector you are referring to. If possible a video of the issue could be helpful on this one.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.