[1.0] Enhanced Navball 1.3

kitoban

General theory I had while developing the ENB was that the navball is meant as very quick reference you only want to see the essential information there. when it came to adding extra markers to act as guides adding arrows meant extra symbols to decipher. Given that you could be out of control in a flat spin heading towards a crash landing you really do not need an extra symbol on there. This is what lead to the ghosted view of the pre-existing symbol, also saved me having to add an extra game asset to be loaded in.

I would suspect that I can make my existing code overwrite the new symbol with the ENB version, or simply disable the stock version and drop in ENB's version at a config option, but will have to wait till release is available to do the modifications, whatever happens it is likely going to be the longest delay for me to get a new version out, up until now I have not had to interact with new code, I fully expect 0.25 to be incompatible with the current mod release.

Thanks for the link to the vid of this AndreyATGB :)

Well there's your first and likely only problem. Mods only go into the 'gamedata' folder. DO NOT remove them from their folder inside the zip. Just drop the "enhanced navball" folder into gamedata. Many mods require a very specific folder chain inside gamedata like gamedata-enhancednavball-plugins/resources and gamedata-plugins or plugins would fail. Not all do this, but enough do that using gamedata only is not only safer but saner to update.

I'm an idiot!

I don't know why I installed only this one outside of <Gamedata> folder.

I guess the other 20 or so mods had a gamedata folder but since this one showed <Plugin> folder, I deviated off the norm.

My bad.

Thank you all.

Dropped the EnhancedNavBall folder into the GameData folder on KSP .24.2 as instructed in Post 172. I've got nothing new on the NavBall. No options to resize or move, just the stock NavBall. What am I missing here?

Dropped the EnhancedNavBall folder into the GameData folder on KSP .24.2 as instructed in Post 172. I've got nothing new on the NavBall. No options to resize or move, just the stock NavBall. What am I missing here?

If you are not in orbit you aren't going to see anything different. The scaling/sliding, at least by my understanding, is only accessible if you have Blizzy's Toolbar installed.

If you are not in orbit you aren't going to see anything different. The scaling/sliding, at least by my understanding, is only accessible if you have Blizzy's Toolbar installed.

It will show a separate button outside of Blizzy's toolbar, so that should not not be a dependency.

Just to sanity check you did download the plugin from curse?

if all else is fine check alt f2 for any errors and let me know :)

Its not really Enhanced Navball, they do have the extra vectors, but instead of the "Ghosting" Enhanced Navball has, .25 has a blue arrow telling you were to go for maneuver node. Which I kind of don't really like, I think the arrow will bother a lot of people too. I would of like to had "Ghosting" over a arrow, but the arrow only does one thing. Enhanced Navball still does a lot more then their new navball. They should of ported over Enhanced Navball a long time ago, like they were suppose to do.

I don't see any glaring issues with the stock one honestly. Arrow is weird yeah, but other than that it has all other vectors, which is one of the main reasons to use ENB for me. It doesn't have scaling and prograde/retrograde ghosting though. Pretty good but yeah just copying ENB would've been ideal.

Yep, downloaded from Curse. Installed Blizzy's Toobar. ALT-F2 gives me this error: Warning HighLogic Scene Change: From SPACEENTER to EDITOR

I've got the same issue with MechJeb and Kerbal Engineer Redux. No separate buttons to toggle/control the mods. However the additional parts are present and can be selected and attached to the rocket. I know I'm missing something obvious here but I'm stumped.

Its not really Enhanced Navball, they do have the extra vectors, but instead of the "Ghosting" Enhanced Navball has, .25 has a blue arrow telling you were to go for maneuver node. Which I kind of don't really like, I think the arrow will bother a lot of people too. I would of like to had "Ghosting" over a arrow, but the arrow only does one thing. Enhanced Navball still does a lot more then their new navball. They should of ported over Enhanced Navball a long time ago, like they were suppose to do.

Could not agree more.

Yep, downloaded from Curse. Installed Blizzy's Toobar. ALT-F2 gives me this error: Warning HighLogic Scene Change: From SPACEENTER to EDITOR

I've got the same issue with MechJeb and Kerbal Engineer Redux. No separate buttons to toggle/control the mods. However the additional parts are present and can be selected and attached to the rocket. I know I'm missing something obvious here but I'm stumped.

If you have Blizzy's Toolbar you need to click the arrow and select "configure visible buttons" which will give you a list of all the buttons that can be shown on the toolbar. Just mark the boxes of the ones you wan to show up.

such disappointment in the lack of complete adaptation of this mod into stock KSP :( the ghosting is the second best and important thing about this mod beyond the additional markers that were missing.

Oh well, shall be my first download once 0.25 is out and mods get updated. Long live Enhanced NavBall!

Being able to move the navball left and right so that taller ships are more visible, and being able to make the ball larger or smaller are essential features for me now. More so than almost any other. You don't know what you've got, 'til it's gone. ;.;

Sometimes one does wonder why SQUAD didn't implement this mod 1:1. I'm sure they have their reasons, but as an outsider its difficult to think of a good one. Does anyone have any insight?

Licenses. Common licenses do things like these:

"You can't use my code at all, ever, for anything, not even to update the mod if I vanish."

"This code is free for all to use, and by using it you consent to allow anyone to use all the code in the software you use it in."

So the general practice is to not ever use a mod's code. The first one they can deal with, get permission or buy the code, but the second means the mod infects the whole game with that license, and it becomes open source (lower case, I'm not even going to discuss what "Open Source" and "Free" have been made to mean). That's what ENB uses. It's great for mods, modders, and users, but not so much for the actual game devs.

Edited by Tfin

Being able to move the navball left and right so that taller ships are more visible, and being able to make the ball larger or smaller are essential features for me now. More so than almost any other. You don't know what you've got, 'til it's gone. ;.;

Ditto. My eyesight isn't terrible, but the stock navball is so small and really puts a strain on my eyes.

Ditto. My eyesight isn't terrible, but the stock navball is so small and really puts a strain on my eyes.

I didn't realize how much I'd come to rely on this mod until 0.25 came out.

Fortunately, I haven't had any issues running this mod.

Mod does sort of work, however the icons are duplicated and you will see a certain amount of overlaying.

I have just finished finalising the update, was hoping to bundle some other changes with the release but those will have to wait till I have had more time to work on them.

Also, as a feature-request, any chance of adding an option to not remove the additional nodes when a manoeuvre is active? Often I set up a manoeuvre node just to get a rough idea, but then fly "by the seat of my pants" as it were to perform the actual burn.

- Micha.

Note this is part of the 0.25 update, is actually how squad's implementation seems to work, but I have made this an option within the settings.

I've also overridden the arrow within the mod with ghosting as per original mod release, although I have exposed the option to disable this within the setting screen for the mod.

Edited by kitoban

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.