[1.0] Enhanced Navball 1.3

kitoban

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
That's understandable, I like the unintrusive approach the current system has. And yes, I was mainly thinking to assist with rendezvousing as there's other great mods that help with docking. Perhaps just ghosting the target vector would be sufficient. I'm sure it will be great whatever you decide :D

definitely, ghosting for at least the + Target vector would be awesome, I've thus far depended far too much on mechjeb and I want to learn how to fly ships manually. Keep up the good work.

As far as a high contrast mode, there's already a mod for that at http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/69540-Making-high-contrast-nav-ball%21, you might want to coordinate to save time and effort.

Already been talking to xEvilReeperx over this and will be incorporating this.

definitely, ghosting for at least the + Target vector would be awesome, I've thus far depended far too much on mechjeb and I want to learn how to fly ships manually. Keep up the good work.

Target ghosting is something I have wanted to add in, just need to work out the calculations and wanted to be sure this isn't going to be intrusive.

Edited by kitoban

• 2 weeks later...

There's been a lot of activity lately with asymmetric lifters and such, and it can be hard to control these lifters because the center of the navball doesn't correspond to the center of thrust. So I've forked the Enhanced NavBall to include a black center of thrust indicator here https://github.com/kujuman/EnhancedNavBall/tree/CenterOfThrust as a proof of concept.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

If you wanted to include this feature in the next version, there are a few things which should be addressed.

1) The CoT indicator should not display if the CoT is near enough the controlling direction

2) The CoT is computed using the CoT process the game uses in the VAB and SPH, so it is a bit more primitive than anyone would like

a) It does not take into account multistages (I think, not tested)

B) It would not include CoT from non ModuleEngines and ModuleEnginesFX (not a huge concern)

c) It would not work for an SRB and a LFE if the LFE is throttled down (CoTQuery assumes all engines at max thrust)

Link the the thread which sparked the idea http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/77710-0-23-5-Gimbal-Auto-Trim-1-0-%28April-24%29

Edited by kujuman

kujuman, will take a look, is the second pull request I've had in the last few days, things always seem to line up at the worst time :) I am currently moving house so as soon as main PC is up and running I'll take a look.

I have been refactoring the code to clean it up for configuration options so hopefully this will allow for any customisation of the feature.

68D0GNM.gif

This is where I am currently with some of the customisation, it's working here with both xEvilReeperx's sliding code, and some scaling I have been implementing.

This is where I am currently with some of the customisation, it's working here with both xEvilReeperx's sliding code, and some scaling I have been implementing.

WANT WANT WANT

Seriously that's awesome. Two critical additions to the UI in one glorious animated gif.

kujuman, will take a look, is the second pull request I've had in the last few days, things always seem to line up at the worst time ...

That's not a problem. It gave me time to update the code to address all of the concerns that I had listed in my original post.

If you are after the sliding functionality it is already available. I am just combining this in. (With permission)

Scaling I am still working on as some of the new 23.5 functionality doesn't scale atm. Plus still need to get the option menu working for toolbar Plugin.

• 2 weeks later...
kujuman, will take a look, is the second pull request I've had in the last few days, things always seem to line up at the worst time :) I am currently moving house so as soon as main PC is up and running I'll take a look.

I have been refactoring the code to clean it up for configuration options so hopefully this will allow for any customisation of the feature.

http://i.imgur.com/68D0GNM.gif

One word, gentlemen. Squee.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
So any news on the next version? I just saw the navball scaling and sliding and the center of thrust indicator and I'm all excited now.

Sorry for the delay, release has just gone live

Awesome! Going to download this for the first time, just saw a video of it while browsing and I came in here to see a new version released.

Oh, the Curse download on the website states v1.3 but the actual download still says v1.2

Going to try this out now.

Awesome! Going to download this for the first time, just saw a video of it while browsing and I came in here to see a new version released.

Oh, the Curse download on the website states v1.3 but the actual download still says v1.2

Just spotted this myself, it is currently under review on curse at the moment so should be available shortly.

Let me guess you got 1.2, because ******* course is in need to verify the "integrity" of the file, which can take, hours or days....

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.