[1.0] Enhanced Navball 1.3

kitoban

I can see usefulness of scaling. You can zoom in navball in IVA while docking or asteroid capturing, or even when you want to precisely execute a maneuver. Now we can finally do this while in external view.

its a great boon for when you're running Probe cores with no IVA. Let me know when they fools at Curse have "Verified" it

I don't actually remember playing KSP without this mod since it was Ki who got me into this nonsense in the first place. Yup, it's your fault.

This latest version is of particular use to me in that my eyesight is mullered and the navball was always the hardest thing to squint at... I also use many, many mods some of which have lengthy right-click part menus. Previously these would disappear behind the navball... usually while you were in a spin and desperately trying to click something... now my thoroughly readable navball is nestled to one side.

Job done.

Unfortunately, the NavBall v1.3 config window popped-up on top of my Toolbar. It would not allow me to grab and move the damned window; it also prevented me from clicking the Toolbar config arrow button so I could move the Toolbar.

Please allow me to grab and move the Navball config window.

Edited by Apollo13

Done, should be up on curse v1.3.1

Thanks. Found a workaround. I can still click the NavBall icon in the icon, even though it's covered by NavBall Config window. That causes the config window to disappear, so I can move the Toolbar.

I'm such an idiot!

New changes look great! Maneuver node ghosting is a godsend. Without it I always go the wrong way to the node. My problem is between the chair and the keyboard.

I deleted my old navball folder, downloaded, extracted and copied the file EnhancedNavBall-master into my KSP game data file, but get no enhanced Navball. The last version worked no prob. What'm I doing wrong?

Why's that? I've made sure this is toolbar compatible, although can run without.

No, no, it's not that. Toolbar and Achievements contain code that makes sure that both the nav ball and the altimeter will never be blocked. But now the nav ball is no longer fixed in place...

Well, having heard about this enhancement in several locations I thought I give it a try.

Let me say at first I like the concept and the added scaling and positioning possibilities, but I found some strange erratic behavior when I use the WASD keys with the F key pressed to temporary disable the SAS with this enhancement.

As an example, when I tap the W key once to go to a required marker, that should be a linear constant movement, but from time to time suddenly an additional vector is introduced rolling the ball in an added other random direction. Also I noticed sudden speed ups in the roll of the ball while no additional key input is given by me. This misbehavior seems more likely to happen when so called shadow markers are visible, but it does happen too in simple one way movements.

Anyone else have seen this behavior or an idea why this happens?

Greets,

Jan

But now the nav ball is no longer fixed in place...

Sorry there blizzy, although the sliding code has been about as a stand alone mod from xEvilReaperx for a while, I just got permission to incorporate here.

I found some strange erratic behavior when I use the WASD keys with the F key pressed to temporary disable the SAS with this enhancement.

Jan that I doubt the issues you are describing have anything to do with this mod. The mod just applies extra markers to the navball based on the orientation of the ship, (math is courtesy of mechjeb)

There is no feedback into the control of the ship.

Rolling on turn can be attributed to certain ship designs so I would recommend investigating there.

Edited by kitoban

Well, none of the ship designs did show this behavior before with the build in navball, so I don't really expect it's coming from something else to be honest. I do use some other mods though, mainly the ones Scott Manley describes in his Interstellar quest series minus the eye candy ones, but as said, not seen these effects before installing the enhanced navball today.

Greets,

Jan

Jan can you give a bit more detail? What mods are you using and have you experienced this behaviour with all ships... or just one?

I've tested this mod extensively myself and have not experienced your issues, so it's probably unrelated and possibly something to do with a specific ship design or mod conflict.

Edited by Senior Slaphead

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.