[1.02] KW Rocketry v2.7 Available - 1.02 Compatibility! - 16/05/2015

Kickasskyle

Did you install ModuleAnimateEmissive from the KW download?

I installed KWR from CKAN. So I believe all dependencies were installed automatically. Now since you've mentioned it... No, they weren't.

BTW, what is the point of using SolverEngine plugin for simple heat animation? Stock ModuleAnimateHeat does it's job pretty well.

Edited by Dr. Jet

I installed KWR from CKAN. So I believe all dependencies were installed automatically. Now since you've mentioned it... No, they weren't.

BTW, what is the point of using SolverEngine plugin for simple heat animation? Stock ModuleAnimateHeat does it's job pretty well.

ModuleAnimateHeat is now based only on absolute part temperature, so it usually doesn't show if the part isn't about to overheat.

I looked through the thread, but did not find this for KSP Version 1.02. When using the decouplers, My Destruction FX starts, and the camera acts as if the decoupled part is still attached. I remember getting this glitch back in .24, but that was only with a ship with the petal fairing. Anyone know of a fix, or am I forced to use the stock decouplers? I was using the 2.5 m decouplers, haven't tested the others.

I'm having big problems with the fairings, using the 2.5m interstage and 2.5m extended fairings when launching i get it up to about 10kms about 300m/s and start my gravity turn, as soon as i start to turn over the coupling points start wobbling around like crazy throwing it off course or breaking up all together! i have placed struts between the 2 stages using hex pieces and it does nothing?? please help i never had any trouble getting rockets up with the vanilla parts, also the 2.5 interstages wont decouple from the next stage without having a decoupler below the interstage itself?

the Griffon Century Engine does not shut down when you trotthe to zero percent. How can this be fixed ? Thanks

It does, it just takes a while to spool down, much like the stock jet engines. There's an Instant Power Response configs folder in the Extras folder in the KW download that change the behaviour to match stock, copy that across to your Gamedata and overwrite when asked.

How do I actually install this? When I go to unpack the Gamedata folder, there is no option to merge. I might be doing this wrong.

EDIT: Nvm it worked. I just decided to drag the two folders instead of merging them.

Edited by Solarapple

Okay so this is strange. I have the mod and all. The GameData folder is all extracted to the GameData KSP folder, but for some reason, when I load up the game, none of the parts show up, as if the mod isn't installed. What do.

Tried out the new version yesterday and I'm really liking it. :)

Still, I'd love to be able to jettison the fairing, but not decouple the fairing base at the same time. How can I achieve that?

I have only unlocked the lowest tech fairings (1.25m) so far, is that just a feature for higher tier parts now? Or do I need to go in and change/add config files? If so, can someone give me a hint on where and how I'd have to implement that? I have programming skills and am a fast learner, but I have never modified anything in KSP until now x)

Thanks!

Tried out the new version yesterday and I'm really liking it. :)

Still, I'd love to be able to jettison the fairing, but not decouple the fairing base at the same time. How can I achieve that?

I have only unlocked the lowest tech fairings (1.25m) so far, is that just a feature for higher tier parts now? Or do I need to go in and change/add config files? If so, can someone give me a hint on where and how I'd have to implement that? I have programming skills and am a fast learner, but I have never modified anything in KSP until now x)

Thanks!

You can right click on fairing and jettison it(changing stage icon from white to gray).When hitting stage,it will decouple.

So.. I'm getting the "stuck on nosecone" problem.

ATM, Open GL and 64x (Otherwise I run out of memory!) but WITHOUT deadly re-entry.

Edit: Without KWR, I get caught on the OPT mod, on the Dark Drive: "LiquidFuel not found in resource database"

PartLoader: Compiling Part 'KIS/Parts/guide/part/KIS_guide'

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

PartLoader: Part 'KIS/Parts/guide/part/KIS_guide' has no database record. Creating.

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'KIS.guide'

PartLoader: Compiling Part 'KIS/Parts/wrench/part/KIS_wrench'

PartLoader: Part 'KIS/Parts/wrench/part/KIS_wrench' has no database record. Creating.

DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'KIS.wrench'

PartLoader: Compiling Part 'KWRocketry/Parts/Aero/150mSRBTop/part/KW150mSRBNoseCone'

[shipTemplate]: No Resource definition found for RESOURCE

Added sound_rocket_mini to FXGroup running

SolidFuel not found in resource database. Propellant Setup has failed.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at ModuleEngines.SetupPropellant () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ModuleEngines.OnLoad (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PartModule.Load (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part.AddModule (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PartLoader.ParsePart (.UrlConfig urlConfig, .ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PartLoader+.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at PartLoader.GetDatabaseConfig (.Part p) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PartLoader.GetDatabaseConfig (.Part p, System.String nodeName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at DragCubeSystem.LoadDragCubes (.Part p) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part+.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

Edited by Kassious

So.. I'm getting the "stuck on nosecone" problem.

ATM, Open GL and 64x (Otherwise I run out of memory!) but WITHOUT deadly re-entry.

SolidFuel not found in resource database. Propellant Setup has failed.

Your Gamedata/Squad folder is corrupt. Delete and reinstall/verify game cache.

Failing that, something is making the stock SolidFuel resource not load.. Real Fuels? MFT?

Perhaps my lander is to tall but even with this change my service module still wants to attach to my landers docking port not the top of the adapter.

Edit : Well I did get it to work ,sort of. It no longer attaches to my docking port but the "engine shroud" is still there hanging in space. What am I doing wrong please :)

edit 2 : use the right engine? I was using a poodle for my csm the kw engines seem to give another attach point

I've been having a similar problem since getting the latest update. The petal adapter connects fine to the 2.5M SPS motor. However, when I hit the first "decouple" button, the decouple fires, but the motor is still firmly attached to the petal adapter. The petal adapter connects to the internal attachment node on the SPS motor, but once I fire the upper decouple, the motor and adapter are still attached. If I have a lander stowed in the petal cargo bay, and I use RCS thrusters after decoupling, both the lander and command module thrusters fire, confirming that it's still one craft. Argh! I'm certain I have everything connected to the right nodes - it's the only way it will attach.

I'll also add that I've been able to force a workaround fix for this, by editing the top attach node of the petal adapter so that it functions as a standard interstage/decoupler. The downside is then the engine that it's connected to will have a fairing shroud that lingers and floats in midair after the fairing is opened and the upper decouple is jettisoned. It's an ugly fix but it works. I've never been able to get the petal adapter to work the way it's "supposed" to, from .25 to present release.

EDIT: I may have found the cause. The Decouple configuration for the petal adapter seems to use the "top" node instead of the "topFDown" node that is actually used to connect the petal adapter to the engine. This would mean that when the first decouple command is fired, it's decoupling nothing, because nothing is attached to the "top" node.

I'm going to edit my cfgs once I'm home and see if that helps.

Edited by devikwolf

is the 3.75 m sas from KW Rocketry missing or am I blind?

It is -- the cfg file references an invalid science tree entry. I edited mine so that it is unlocked by the same tech as the 2.5m SAS. You can specify any tech you want, I just did the same as 2.5m SAS because it's easier. Below is the change I made:

KWRocketry\Parts\Control\KWRadialSAS\part3m.cfg

Change the line:

TechRequired = largeControl

To:

TechRequired = specializedControl