Kerbal Attachment System (KAS) 0.4.7 - Pipes as fuel lines and even fewer explosions!

Majiir

Can you provide a little more information on what exactly happen when you clicked take? Did it not show up on the Kerbals back or, did it fall off or get an error message? I will do my best to help you get it working.

Example on how to do it:

First when you are in the VAB you add the container holder then the container to the craft. Then you right click on the container and add them items in that you want. Once ingame you EVA and get within 2 meters of the container and right click on it and then you can click take on the item you want and it will appear on your Kerbals back.

This is exactly what I did.

The item doesn't appear on the back nor it disappear from the list.

Hmm very strange, could you do one last thing and open up the debug menu and go to the debug tab and have it open when you try to take from the container and see if you get any error messages. Someone else had this bug but it turned out to be something on his end which he resolved. If there isn't an error message I would check and make sure you don't have any duplicates of KAS and maybe do a fresh install of KAS and the patch.

My debug window pops up this message when I click to take an item out of the container:

"[Exception]: MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Part.LoadModule'."

I'm having the same issue with containers not letting you pull things out of them. I've tried running no other mods but KAS and have done 3 fresh installs along with and w/o your fix. I prefer your fix for the explosions fix though lol. Not showing any debug messages on the containers either. Im on windows 7 64bit and ksp 64. Everything else works perfectly.
This is exactly what I did.

The item doesn't appear on the back nor it disappear from the list.

I don't have this issue and I'm running Windows 7, 64-bit

I'm having the same issue with containers not letting you pull things out of them. I've tried running no other mods but KAS and have done 3 fresh installs along with and w/o your fix. I prefer your fix for the explosions fix though lol. Not showing any debug messages on the containers either. Im on windows 7 64bit and ksp 64. Everything else works perfectly.
My debug window pops up this message when I click to take an item out of the container:

"[Exception]: MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Part.LoadModule'."

Alright this is a painful but possible solution, Can you try making a new Save(Sandbox or Career) and creating a new ship with a container. Also double check that you don't have any duplicates of any mod.

Also double check that you don't have any duplicates of any mod.

I was rather certain I didn't install duplicates, but I'm guessing I may have done a merge/overwrite rather than a delete and replace(or maybe I used the x64 one by mistake, since I use x86 KSP for now); Cleaning out my all my Mods, and reinstalling them seems to have fixed the problem.

Thank you very much for your assistance.

I was rather certain I didn't install duplicates, but I'm guessing I may have done a merge/overwrite rather than a delete and replace(or maybe I used the x64 one by mistake, since I use x86 KSP for now); Cleaning out my all my Mods, and reinstalling them seems to have fixed the problem.

Thank you very much for your assistance.

I'm glad to hear, I couldn't play KSP without KAS. I'm happy to know everything is working now.

I'm glad to hear, I couldn't play KSP without KAS. I'm happy to know everything is working now.

Finally got something in debug:

[Exception]: MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Part.LoadModule'.

Done with fresh install with the patch instead of overwrite or replace. New save on sandbox as well.

Done with fresh install with the patch instead of overwrite or replace. New save on sandbox as well.

If it wasn't for the fact I had already seen (and fixed locally) that issue, your "report" would be utterly useless. Never use KSP.log when posting exception reports: use output_log.txt or Player.log (depending on OS).

diff --git a/Plugin/KAS_Shared.cs b/Plugin/KAS_Shared.cs
index 50c9b2e..2694b3a 100644
--- a/Plugin/KAS_Shared.cs
+++ b/Plugin/KAS_Shared.cs
@@ -554,7 +554,7 @@ namespace KAS
{
ConfigNode node = new ConfigNode();
node.AddValue("name", newPart.Modules[i].moduleName);
- newPart.LoadModule(node, i);
+ newPart.LoadModule(node, ref i);
}

return newPart;

Note, however, that I am not 100% confident that passing i by reference is appropriate. It might be better to copy to a local var and pass that by reference.

Make sure that you are installing the 64bit patch from my sig.

If it wasn't for the fact I had already seen (and fixed locally) that issue, your "report" would be utterly useless. Never use KSP.log when posting exception reports: use output_log.txt or Player.log (depending on OS).

diff --git a/Plugin/KAS_Shared.cs b/Plugin/KAS_Shared.cs
index 50c9b2e..2694b3a 100644
--- a/Plugin/KAS_Shared.cs
+++ b/Plugin/KAS_Shared.cs
@@ -554,7 +554,7 @@ namespace KAS
{
ConfigNode node = new ConfigNode();
node.AddValue("name", newPart.Modules[i].moduleName);
- newPart.LoadModule(node, i);
+ newPart.LoadModule(node, ref i);
}

return newPart;

Note, however, that I am not 100% confident that passing i by reference is appropriate. It might be better to copy to a local var and pass that by reference.

The fix you have posted has been implemented from the start, thanks for the information I will try to compile a version with copying and passing to a local var for people with this issue to test. This bug is really random and only seems to happen with a few people so far but others have fixed with fresh install etc.

Edited by JeffersonFlight

When the game start loading, a message appear telling me that KAS is incompatible with 0.24.2 even if I downloaded the last version of KAS.

Is it normal or did I do something wrong?

Dude, seriously? Did you try reading any of the last like 20 pages of the thread?

Hello, this isn't a gripe or a moan, just a general question.

Are any users of the last stable version of TAC Life Support (0.8) having issues with the latest (unofficial) fix for the x64 version of KAS? Kerbals are not retaining required life support supplies on EVA.

I'm posting here first as I had no issues with the previous x64 KAS fix JeffersonFlight created, and nothing else has changed in my build. Will follow up on the TAC LF board pending on responses.

Thanks for any replies, and also thanks to JF for keeping the mod rolling while Majiir is away.

The fix that I posted is for a 64bit only issue. - 64bit KAS fix in my Sig

Errr I'm clicking on the 64bit fix in your sig but no download is happening or anything also the 32 bit one isn't working the link in that post is working just not in your sig and there was no other link for the 64bit fix.

[Edit]

Dw found another link. Although at the same time you might want to fix the links in your sig.

Edited by etheoma

When the game start loading, a message appear telling me that KAS is incompatible with 0.24.2 even if I downloaded the last version of KAS.

Is it normal or did I do something wrong?

Go to my sig and if you using KSP 64bit click the 64bit link and if your using 32bit click the 32bit link. Then you will see a dropbox download in the post it links you to, download that and override the dll that is already installed and go test.

Hello, this isn't a gripe or a moan, just a general question.

Are any users of the last stable version of TAC Life Support (0.8) having issues with the latest (unofficial) fix for the x64 version of KAS? Kerbals are not retaining required life support supplies on EVA.

I'm posting here first as I had no issues with the previous x64 KAS fix JeffersonFlight created, and nothing else has changed in my build. Will follow up on the TAC LF board pending on responses.

Thanks for any replies, and also thanks to JF for keeping the mod rolling while Majiir is away.

I'm using TAC Life TacLifeSupport_0.9.0.9-pre3 with no problems. https://github.com/taraniselsu/TacLifeSupport/releases/tag/v0.9-pre3

Errr I'm clicking on the 64bit fix in your sig but no download is happening or anything also the 32 bit one isn't working the link in that post is working just not in your sig and there was no other link for the 64bit fix.

[Edit]

Dw found another link. Although at the same time you might want to fix the links in your sig.

It takes you to my post with the download link in it, look for the dropbox link within my post it takes you to.

Has anyone compiled a working KAS plugin for 0.24? I've tested toe one I have for .24.2 and it works, but I can't find one here that works for .24. I'm holding off upgrading until Kethane updates.

I have check my sig :D

you got a version for .24.2 :D hook me up!! wait jeb NOOO http://i461.photobucket.com/albums/qq333/Ascensiam/remote-1.gif

Also check my sig :P

it is great the one part of the KAS has been resolved and that is the grapping the item and moving it around, but want about the rest of the Mod, example the hinge, that when you go into the game and fly the craft then the mod dosn't show the movment panel ?

Hey guys, new to this forum, but have been playing KSP for a year now. I know that the 64 bit version is new so I'm not going to mention the issues I'm having with it right now. I'll just wait for more stable releases, but I've been tampering with KAS trying to get it to work, even with the in official patches thy have been posted here. I've uninstalled, reinstalled the whole sha bang trying to get KAS to work. It just isn't worth it to play it without it. My temporary workaround is the fact that if attach parts to the outside of a rocket , or if I'm using b9, inside a cargo bay, I can get away without containers but it's messy. At this point, i think I'll have to wait till the official release of the next version but I thought posting this was worth a shot. What do you guys think? (Symtom: won't show up on kerbals back, won't clear from list)

:confused:

it is great the one part of the KAS has been resolved and that is the grapping the item and moving it around, but want about the rest of the Mod, example the hinge, that when you go into the game and fly the craft then the mod dosn't show the movment panel ?
I didn't know KAS had a hinge. I will go through here shortly and test everything from start to finish and see what happens.