[1.2] L-Tech Scientific Industries V4.2

ludsoe

Help! for some reason the parts arent showing up! i have electricity researched when i installed the mod, and i m using the ksp interstellar tech tree (should not change anything) but its not showing up! help!

Help! for some reason the parts arent showing up! i have electricity researched when i installed the mod, and i m using the ksp interstellar tech tree (should not change anything) but its not showing up! help!

This seems to be a problem with using alternate tech tree mods, Ill be sure to implement any fix's if they come by. However i noticed that some of ksp interstellar loads with the stock tech tree also.

EDIT: Sorry... I read the installation manual better and managed to install it. Now all I need is to unlock it... It would be cool if it actually could take pictures from its POV and store it in a folder. But that, is another mod story :)

Ill see if i can implement something like the BOSS camera system mod that takes high res pictures.

"The picture is blocked by a piece of debris." That's what the camera said when I pointed it at the sun during an eclipse and took a picture. I did not know that the Mün is debris.

Thats what your kerbal scientists think? Actually thats really funny.

The power used to send the transmission is dictated by the type of dish your using to send it. Pictures are worth a thousand words but due to the primitive Kerbal compression methods, they are also extremely large.(Uses lots of packets to send the picture.)

Edit: Also I haven't tested sending data back really, I've only used it on larger craft with lots of power and the slow but energy efficient dish.

I might have to fiddle the numbers a little so you can use them on rovers. (And so it doesn't take a entire ingame day to send a transmission.)

OK, I just used it on a larger lander with the Comms DTS-M1 and it works much better with just two packets per picture I think, so no massive power drain like before.

The other little satellite was built on 0.625 meter parts and used the little Communotron 16 antenna as it was the only thing that would fit.

I haven't unlock the Communotron 88-88 yet. So now that I understand whats going on, it's a nice deign restriction.

I think if you went in and made your own R&D plugin and a model (plugin first) this mod really could go far. Like I mentioned above I really need/want a piece I can stick on a station and it generates data points slowly over time. That gives bases and stations a purpose.

This would be great. Keep in mind with KSP 0.22 the longer a vessel was in space, the more science you get when you recover it, but I don't know how much.

EDIT: I just saw that the interstellar mod 0.7 science modules do exactly what you want with constant science generation.

now they show up, but it says when im building "please purchase in entry thingy" but i cant find where they are on the tech tree to buy them! maybe post a pic on where they are? TY!

ss2013-10-19at075614_zps6719f406.jpg

Here you go.

It's a bit off topic, but I'm curious... How do you guys do to earn enough science to unlock the major parts of the tree? I went to the mun, did some research on it with multiple science parts, but I can barely unlock the external camera, and that's without unlocking the batteries necessary for the pics themselves... Is there a way to cheat science? Is there science to be done on minimus (never went there yet, just orbited close to its orbit range so far)? To unlock all the tree seems to be impossible for me...

It's a bit off topic, but I'm curious... How do you guys do to earn enough science to unlock the major parts of the tree? I went to the mun, did some research on it with multiple science parts, but I can barely unlock the external camera, and that's without unlocking the batteries necessary for the pics themselves... Is there a way to cheat science? Is there science to be done on minimus (never went there yet, just orbited close to its orbit range so far)? To unlock all the tree seems to be impossible for me...

Science probe Minmus and the Mun and get the parts to make an interplanetary probe. All planets have science to be done on.

OffTopic - There really should be a fix for using chrome on these forums, not having any advanced editing buttons makes it a little hard to post.

Change Notes

V1.2

-Implemented a model made by "Dungchunker"

-Added a fixed version of B.O.S.S. (Ted can contact me to remove it if he wishes.)

As I don't know KSP as I should when setting up experiments, Can I get some suggestions on how things should react on other planets n such?

On news of the camera science, I've got ideas on how to make it detect whats infront of it. But that will take time to setup.

idea for radio reciever:

Could you make it so that as long as your vesel has a reciever on it, there is a random chance that you will recieve a "strange transmission" (could you even flavour this with an audio sample?). There could be a handful of different signals, and it would be a rare event to receive one, but you'd get a large-ish bonus of science upon receiving one.

In this way, not only can you set out to do science, but you can also have science happen to you, as long as you prepare by taking the appropriate antenna.

Question- might it be possible to change the antenna into a dish or array or something, or at least recolor it?

Blue antenna bits might help me figure when I've stuck the right thing on there. XD

If I could figure how to get stuff OUT of an MBM file I'd do it myself, but I can't figure out how.

Edited by Tassyr

Update

V1.3

-New Texture for the camera model by "Dungchunker"

-New Radio Receiver model by Dunchunker, Thanks (Rotation offsets need fixing though)

-Added a Sample return container -Allows you to store EVA samples on a easily returnable

-Added a science research station, that allows you to farm long term science. But the catch is its expensive to send back and you get more data by keeping the lab in orbit. -(I got plans for this later possible adding requirements to modules you fly up n stuff)

-Thanks to those who contacted me before hand.

There's a dll in your archive but no source.

There's no installation instructions. Usually all mods ship with a folder that you plop into GameData and be done.

Sorry about the no source deal, I've included it now. Its just a modified to work version of BOSS.

As for the installation instructions you just stick the folder in gamedata and it works.

Is anyone else having the problem with this mod where you can't see the subassemblies tab, and you can't load crafts in the VAB?

Sounds like a part stopped existing... Get that mod admin mod I've seen around, it helped me fix part problems when i updated my ksp mods.

Maybe I've got to report a little bug: Is it intended that I can make in a 1000 kilometer orbit snapshots from the water, grass or shore biome on kerbin? Same to the mun, as soon as I enter the gravitational sphere I can make snapshots of the craters.

You added the science station lab thingy for space stations!! :D

Thank you my friend, was hoping you would do that! I am curious though... If I install this now do I have to restart my career game to have the parts?

How do you use the orbital science station?

Also, if you plan to develop more of these modules, would you like some help with models?

And finally, would it be possible to set the camera up to actually change the view, like with the hull cams?