[Airships in 1.12.3] HooliganLabs Mods

JewelShisen

2 hours ago, JewelShisen said:

Ok so here is an idea I have been having. A set of parts, either mk2 or surface attaching, that would have a variable mass. They would be perfect for letting you adjust where your CoM is on an airship.

That would be nice. As of now I never build single envelope airships. It's just to much hassle to balance like that. Would even greatly benefit multi-envelope airships, sure you can use individual envelope boyancy to trim the craft in flight, but its slow at its best, and a hassle at its worst. They would come in handy as variable ballast for water applications as well, very nice.

22 minutes ago, JewelShisen said:

People need to stop asking. 

And yet, its not marked as submitted for ckan in spacedock... So i guess people will keep asking until it pops up in ckan. 'Cause now that evrryone has virtually unlimited memory to load mods... Ckan has become a necessity to manage that multitude of mods and dependencies.

Just now, Denko666 said:

And yet, its not marked as submitted for ckan in spacedock... So i guess people will keep asking until it pops up in ckan. 'Cause now that evrryone has virtually unlimited memory to load mods... Ckan has become a necessity to manage that multitude of mods and dependencies.

Regardless.  I don't plan to add it.

Thanks for bringing this back from the grave again, I can waste time floating around ksc again. 

Would it be possible to have an auto land function using this sort of logic. 

if TrueAltAboveGround > 1000  set alt adjustment to -240 m/s

if TrueAltAboveGround < 1000 set alt adjustment to -3 m/s

or possibly two buttons that can set to these values ?

Thanks

GE

Just chiming in to say thanks for updating one of my absolute favourite mods. Instant download!

The idea of 'parking' in flight sounds like a thing of beauty - here's hoping it can be persuaded to work. It's the one actual lack in the airship part of this mod as things stand - sure, more envelope options (particularly around traditional Zeppelin-looking, you know, Zeppelins) would be nice but being able to leave them unattended ten miles high would make this mod into a thing of glory and wonder.

Yall need to stop with the CKAN bit...

Kinda sad that this mod is finally updated for us to use again and all anyone cares about is CKAN.

It been BLATANTLY stated that CKAN support will NOT be added....

Get over it, get over yourselfs, and learn to manually install mods...its not hard, my kids do it just fine all on their own.

4 hours ago, KhaosCorp said:

Kinda sad that this mod is finally updated for us to use again and all anyone cares about is CKAN.

It been BLATANTLY stated that CKAN support will NOT be added....

Get over it, get over yourselves, and learn to manually install mods... It's not hard, my kids do it just fine all on their own.

A lot of my mods are installed manually. That said, CKAN is great, and I'd love it if @JewelShisen would add it to CKAN. I think the reason people are nagging about this is because there is a version on CKAN right now (for 1.0.5?) and @JewelShisen hasn't really given a reason not to add it.

4 hours ago, Doghead13 said:

The idea of 'parking' in flight sounds like a thing of beauty - here's hoping it can be persuaded to work.

There used to be this mod that let you park in flight.

Edited by Ernest3.14
grammar

2 hours ago, Ernest3.14 said:

A lot of my mods are installed manually. That said, CKAN is great, and I'd love it if @JewelShisen would add it to CKAN. I think the reason people are nagging about this is because there is a version on CKAN right now (for 1.0.5?) and @JewelShisen hasn't really given a reason not to add it.

There used to be this mod that let you park in flight.

1. My issue with ckan is this: What is there to stop it from SENDING files or information? Since it is not a game mod, it doesn't have to show source code. Call me paranoid but I don't like it. There was the same argument about the 'add-on' that Majir tried to make and it eventually got removed fully due to the risks.

2. dunclaw, spanner, and I have been talking about adding AirPark's functionality, or something very much like it, directly into Hooligan Labs. However that is still in discussion.

6 hours ago, JewelShisen said:

1. My issue with ckan is this: What is there to stop it from SENDING files or information? Since it is not a game mod, it doesn't have to show source code. Call me paranoid but I don't like it. There was the same argument about the 'add-on' that Majir tried to make and it eventually got removed fully due to the risks.

2. dunclaw, spanner, and I have been talking about adding AirPark's functionality, or something very much like it, directly into Hooligan Labs. However that is still in discussion.

Ultimately adding it to ckan is of course your choice. yor reasoning for not to is however, to put it mildly, irrational. 

ckan is released under the MIT license, and its source code is freely available on github. same license that is used for the majority of mods btw...  the airships mod has no source code public, and is releases as 'all rights reserved' iow: not open source by a long shot. 

ckan is there to provide ease of use. even if a mod is available on it, the end user can still choose to not use ckan ans install it manually. 

and just as it is your prerogative to install mods manually, it is just as much everyone else's to use ckan or not. by not enabling the option you are forcing everyone else to do things your way. effectively robbing people their freedom of choice. 

for myself: i'll be doing the only other option open and that is not to install your mod. with more then 130 mods installed i am not wasting my time on managing installation, dependency  checking and updating manually. 

4 hours ago, Denko666 said:

Ultimately adding it to ckan is of course your choice. yor reasoning for not to is however, to put it mildly, irrational. 

ckan is released under the MIT license, and its source code is freely available on github. same license that is used for the majority of mods btw...  the airships mod has no source code public, and is releases as 'all rights reserved' iow: not open source by a long shot. 

ckan is there to provide ease of use. even if a mod is available on it, the end user can still choose to not use ckan ans install it manually. 

and just as it is your prerogative to install mods manually, it is just as much everyone else's to use ckan or not. by not enabling the option you are forcing everyone else to do things your way. effectively robbing people their freedom of choice. 

for myself: i'll be doing the only other option open and that is not to install your mod. with more then 130 mods installed i am not wasting my time on managing installation, dependency  checking and updating manually. 

Yea the whole 'Guilt the modder into doing what I want' thing? Yea that doesn't work. My preference is to keep it off of ckan.

Honestly I am rather appalled that there have been more posts about me not putting it on CKAN than there have been about people being glad the mod is even back!

Edited by JewelShisen

43 minutes ago, JewelShisen said:

Honestly I am rather appalled that there have been more posts about me not putting it on CKAN than there have been about people being glad the mod is even back!

Could not agree more.

I am personally gonna report anyone asking about CKAN in this thread from this point on.

The question has been asked and answered...to go on about it like some have is harassment.

Folks, its up to the modder if their mod goes to CKAN or not. Inquiring about it is fair enough, but arguing with an author after they have stated his or her intentions is harassment. Any further discussion on this in this thread will be taken as such from this point forward. Lets keep this about the mod, not its delivery method.

I've still got to take some time to try out the new control features.:) Have made some awesome plans of zepelin polar expeditions!

I have been wondering about fuel though.
Would it be possible to have the inflatable envelopes draw from a fuel reservoir? Either for a burner to heat the air (liquid fuel for the burner, perhaps with intake air) or from a helium/hydrogen tank(CRP has both).
Any plans in these directions?:)

9 minutes ago, Artfact said:

I've still got to take some time to try out the new control features.:) Have made some awesome plans of zepelin polar expeditions!

I have been wondering about fuel though.
Would it be possible to have the inflatable envelopes draw from a fuel reservoir? Either for a burner to heat the air (liquid fuel for the burner, perhaps with intake air) or from a helium/hydrogen tank(CRP has both).
Any plans in these directions?:)

Currently no.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.