[Airships in 1.12.3] HooliganLabs Mods

JewelShisen

30 minutes ago, Gnoyze said:

@JewelShisen hope this isn't considered necroposting, but is anyone currently maintaining this mod? I would love to have a 1.0.5 version.

The most recent post before yours has your answer.  

On January 31, 2016 at 0:29 PM, JewelShisen said:

Alright so just a fast update. I haven't forgotten this mod. I promise. I'm just having difficulty finding somebody that is willing and able to do the plugin coding and seeing as that is the one part of it that needs fixing the most before I can get back to work on the models I am rather at an impasse.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all, somebody mentioned this to me as i seem to have a talent for mod necromancy. Such a plugin noob i didn't even have VS installed ( is there an up to date plugin tutorial anywhere?) 

So anyway after much chanting, several serious stares from the wife and another night spent teaching well old dog a new trick, I think I have something that works and can seriously see this catching on. There's something quite cool about flying into the mountains and ghosting to a stop above the highest peak

I did have a test run with all the types of envelope before remembering something i did for a very different game years ago, and that worked too!

I bet tomorrows gonna be crap  :lol:

(well it was going to be in a spoiler as it doesn't show anything apart from plugin working, but for some reason,  spoilered albums aren't working for me right now }

Oh btw, it's 40mtrs long and 7mtr diam)

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)
spoiler

• 2 weeks later...

Dude, SpannerMoney :0.0:... Shut up. Money. Here. Take.

That looks truly amazing, a real evolution of the already fantastic original. So glad to see signs of life from this, what was once my favorite mod. I always sucked at building airplanes (I still sort of do), so I always favored airships, these graceful monsters of the skies. But who would have thought that I'd be randomly searching Google Images, looking up pics of the Graf Zeppelin, reminiscing on the old days, only to click over here on a whim and see this beauty. Well done, good sir. Very well done. I look forward to seeing its continuing evolution.

• 3 weeks later...
On 25/03/2016 at 0:45 AM, sirrliv said:

Dude, SpannerMoney :0.0:... Shut up. Money. Here. Take.

That looks truly amazing, a real evolution of the already fantastic original. So glad to see signs of life from this, what was once my favorite mod. I always sucked at building airplanes (I still sort of do), so I always favored airships, these graceful monsters of the skies. But who would have thought that I'd be randomly searching Google Images, looking up pics of the Graf Zeppelin, reminiscing on the old days, only to click over here on a whim and see this beauty. Well done, good sir. Very well done. I look forward to seeing its continuing evolution.

Hi, as  i've had no coms from any of the mod maintainers so it's still on the unavailable list sorry( no permissions) Thanks for the favorable comments all the same, and the several demands for release in my inbox:sticktongue:  Oddly before this I'd only tried the airships once and that was way way back when this mod first appeared but I do agree they are great fun for those not in a hurry

That said it worked very well even with my limited understanding of coding I could work out what to fix etc, but with the arrival of 1.1(perhaps),  a test proved what I already knew, that it's very dead again.  And this time the plugin noob is well out of his depth :) unsurprisingly.  Regardless of this I would like to get it fired up again and am just awaiting some source code being published that references similar terms just so I have a clue whats going on, I know whats wrong but at the moment I just can't glean any clues as to how to fix it.

On 11/04/2016 at 1:59 PM, Moggiog said:

Does anyone have a download mirror? Kerbalstuff shut down, can't download it.

Hi I don't  think there are any versions available that work on 1.05, you may find earlier versions but they will be very glitchy if they work at all

• 2 weeks later...

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/22008-021-hooligan-labs-airship-submarines-and-more/&page=1

While Hooligan Labs will no longer be working on KSP mods, we strongly encourage you to copy and expand upon the models and code. All Hooligan Labs KSP mods are shared according to the MIT License. You can do anything with the mod and its source code except hold Hooligan Labs liable. The Hooligan Labs logo is copyright 2013, but may continue to be used in KSP because KSP is awesome.

Just a copy form the original author page...

16 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

Wow.... NICE... :D

@SpannerMonkey(smce) have you guys seen/pulled apart the KerBalloons code?

Hi yes i  looked previously for comparison between and HL and Kerballoons,  and  although the end effect is similar they both use very different ways to get there. 

In other news currently investigating integration of an Air-park type code, that allows craft to be parked in flight, enabling you to go and fly something else, very handy for circumnavigation attempts.  and something similar that would work for marine craft as well.

7 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi yes i  looked previously for comparison between and HL and Kerballoons,  and  although the end effect is similar they both use very different ways to get there. 

In other news currently investigating integration of an Air-park type code, that allows craft to be parked in flight, enabling you to go and fly something else, very handy for circumnavigation attempts.  and something similar that would work for marine craft as well.

Hello there! Glad to see that somebody managed to bring this mod back from the grave, especially seeing as it was one of my faves and that was the reason I opted to pick it up and try to maintain it.

Ohdear, it's twitching...coming back to life. Glory be! I'll dance around with a voodoo chicken if it helps anything!

Thanks alot for putting energy into this; the results are looking wonderful!:)

43 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Could such Air-park code enable floating colonies? That would be so awesome! :D 

But besides that, zeppelins and airships are all kinds of awesome in their own right! Fantastic work!

2 minutes ago, JewelShisen said:

Rejoice all fans of airships for she lives again in 1.1.2!

Thanks to @dunclaw and @SpannerMonkey(smce) she is up and running and NO LONGER needs Toolbar!

HL Airships V 5.0 is now up and running on SpaceDock and Curse is coming soon!

That's awesome news! Sadly, the mod seems to be down on Spacedock but I look forward to it with great anticipation!

Hi all, just a quick heads up, there are parts in that release that were never meant to be there, they are works in progress, that just got caught up in the excitement. As for the parts they are  anything that's not natively HL so the Zeppelin, and the Zeppelin kit  are very much experimental and  works in progress. 

@JewelShisen@dunclaw we can either remove the "escaped from captivity" parts  now or run with them and let the players watch as they improve. If they stay the zepkit folders should be reduced and the duplicate textures dumped, when it's final I'll swap everything to dds.

The Zeppelin 1 part hull is getting a new and removable/re-positionable gondola, the whole Zeppelin thing was thrown together in about 3 hrs and it shows rofl. There will be at least one other large one part hull, because it's almost finished, that I'll submit later, and will take requests for other shapes

EDIT On second thought I'm going to remake the single envelope Zeppelin from scratch, it's a bit meh for a release

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)

5 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi all, just a quick heads up, there are parts in that release that were never meant to be there, they are works in progress, that just got caught up in the excitement. As for the parts they are  anything that's not natively HL so the Zeppelin, and the Zeppelin kit  are very much experimental and  works in progress. 

@JewelShisen@dunclaw we can either remove the "escaped from captivity" parts  now or run with them and let the players watch as they improve. If they stay the zepkit folders should be reduced and the duplicate textures dumped, when it's final I'll swap everything to dds.

The Zeppelin 1 part hull is getting a new and removable/re-positionable gondola, the whole Zeppelin thing was thrown together in about 3 hrs and it shows rofl. There will be at least one other large one part hull, because it's almost finished, that I'll submit later, and will take requests for other shapes

EDIT On second thought I'm going to remake the single envelope Zeppelin from scratch, it's a bit meh for a release

Alright. I'll go on and pull the parts from the pack.

So, the airships are back eh? Very nice! though I've got to admit, I've been waiting for the squid parts more then anything. I miss those sticky little guys, as have my Minmus rovers. :(

1 hour ago, stryth said:

So, the airships are back eh? Very nice! though I've got to admit, I've been waiting for the squid parts more then anything. I miss those sticky little guys, as have my Minmus rovers. :(

That's the next part that I want to get revived. I miss them too.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.