[1.8.x-1.12.x] Module Manager 4.2.3 (July 03th 2023) - Fireworks season

sarbian

I cant get this new config to work. Previous parts ive done have used this same template but now all the sudden MM does not want to work.....

@PART[turboFanEngine]
{
{
@MODULE[ModuleEngines]
@maxThrust = 700
@atmosphereCurve
{
@key,0 = 0 1200
@key,0.3 = 0.3 3000
@key,1 = 1 3000
}
}
}

@PART[RAPIER]
{
{
@MODULE[ModuleEngines]
@maxThrust = 1000
@atmosphereCurve
{
@key,0 = 0 1500
@key,0.3 = 0.3 5000
@key,1 = 1 9000
}
}
}

That and I also doubt it worked with the @MODULE inside the brace.

Also the RAPIER uses ModuleEnginesFX and there is 2 module (one for each mode)

Here :

@PART[turboFanEngine]
{
@MODULE[ModuleEngines]
{
@maxThrust = 700
@atmosphereCurve
{
@key,0 = 0 1200
@key,1 = 0.3 3000
@key,2 = 1 3000
}
}
}

@PART[RAPIER]
{
@MODULE[ModuleEnginesFX],0
{
@maxThrust = 1000
@atmosphereCurve
{
@key,0 = 0 1500
@key,1 = 0.3 5000
@key,2 = 1 9000
}
}

@MODULE[ModuleEnginesFX],1
{
@maxThrust = 1000
@atmosphereCurve
{
@key,0 = 0 360
@key,1 = 1 320
}
}
}

Edited by sarbian

The first two are built for KSP version <0.90 so they should be removed anyway as they're out of date. 2.5.4 had a bug where "value with dot or dash in their name" caused problems and 2.5.6 was the fix for that.

All of it is moot as MM should only run the highest version anyway, so the lower versions are literally just taking up space on your hard drive. In short: do what you want (but best practice is to only have the highest version).

So sick of people being jealous about the whole 64 bit thing!! How do you remove the stupid rainbow thing?!?! This is getting childish now!!

It is a very simple process to remove the nyan cat, simply remove module manager from your install :)

We are not against KSP Win64. We are against providing support for user that complains about mod crashing when the culprit is actualy KSP.

For your information KSP 64 runs fine here, but I m tired of endless user complaing about crash I can do nothing about. I have enough real bug to handle already.

MM does not disable itself on win 64, you just get a message and the nyan cat. If you don't like it I sugest you either

A) Devellop a better mod than MM to do its job

B) Delete MM

C) Run linux

Edit : well, it's a strange read now that the posts are gone :)

Edited by sarbian

Guys, Squad can't fix the 64bit issues, only Unity can do that, Squad has difficulty even finding the cause for many 64bit issues as currently even the Unity editor is 32bit.

Even if the editor was 64bit there are licensing reasons why Squad can't fix these issues, Unity is proprietary and changing it without access to source code would require hex editing and reverse engineering of the code.

Currently x64 is broken, it's experimental at best and if it works for you great, but don't expect it to work and don't expect much in the way of support.

Eventually this will change, that is true, but for the time being there's no point getting upset over experimental code being broken, it should be expected.

I have a question regarding the module manager, the mods that I have apparently didn't come with all the same module manager version, so I have a 2.5.1, a 2.5.4, and a 2.5.6. I read in one of the mods (FAR I believe) that having more than one module manager can cause strange errors.

My question (two actually) is, is it a problem having three different versions in there and is it okay to remove the older ones because the mods are the ones that came with them and I was told that those mods need those other versions of module manager despite having different versions around.

My question (two actually) is, is it a problem having three different versions in there and is it okay to remove the older ones because the mods are the ones that came with them and I was told that those mods need those other versions of module manager despite having different versions around.

Not entirely correct - those mods need a version of MM, not that specific version of MM (though some may rely on later versions for specific syntax but all versions of MM are backwards compatible - what worked with 1.5.6 works with 2.5.6). As I said about 5 posts ago:

The first two are built for KSP version <0.90 so they should be removed anyway as they're out of date. 2.5.4 had a bug where "value with dot or dash in their name" caused problems and 2.5.6 was the fix for that.

All of it is moot as MM should only run the highest version anyway, so the lower versions are literally just taking up space on your hard drive. In short: do what you want (but best practice is to only have the highest version).

Off-topic derailment posts removed.

Modders are under no obligation whatsoever to provide any level of support to anyone for the works they provide free of charge, they do not want to have to deal with support issues on a broken platform so they take steps to avoid having to do so.

The next step for modders at this point is to remove access to their works except to trusted individuals and friends until Unity Windows 64bit support is stable enough for them to again make them available to the masses.

Currently addons are available, they are supported by their makers for 32bit Windows, 32bit OSX and both 32bit and 64bit Linux.

I'm getting an error in a module manager config. The config file itself is distributed with RealFuels mod and makes some changes in the KSPI parts. I'm asking here first because it's a parse error in the file. I'm a newbie to the MM syntax, though, so I'm having trouble diagnosing the issue.

The output_log.txt is giving the following:

[ModuleManager] Applying node RealFuels/KSPI_RF/@PART[FNMethaneTank*]:HAS[@RESOURCE[LqdMethane]&@RESOURCE[Oxidizer]&!MODULE[ModuleFuelTanks]]:FOR[RealFuels] to WarpPlugin/Parts/FuelTank/fnmethaneTank/part/FNMethaneTank3-1

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

[ModuleManager] Cannot parse variable search when editing key volume = #$../MODULE[ModuleFuelTanks]/temp$

The following is the MM entry from KSPI_RF.cfg:

//Specific part fixes
@PART[FNMethaneTank*]:HAS[@RESOURCE[LqdMethane]&@RESOURCE[Oxidizer]&!MODULE[ModuleFuelTanks]]:NEEDS[WarpPlugin]:FOR[RealFuels]
{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleFuelTanks
temp = 0
volume = 0
type = Cryogenic
@temp = #$../RESOURCE[LqdMethane]/maxAmount$
@temp *= 4.412
@volume = #$../MODULE[ModuleFuelTanks]/temp$
@temp = #$../RESOURCE[Oxidizer]/maxAmount$
@temp *= 5
@volume += #$../MODULE[ModuleFuelTanks]/temp$
!temp = 0
}
!RESOURCE[LqdMethane] {}
!RESOURCE[Oxidizer] {}
}

My reading (and I'm doing this to make sure I actually understand it) is that MM is processing this while going through all the RealFuels parts (the FOR syntax), it's processing all the FNMethane tanks that have lqdMethane and Oxidizer resource definitions but don't already have a moduleFuelTanks defined. The code then creates a dummy variable (temp) which multiplies the max amount of each, lqdMethane and Oxidizer by a set amount and sums them together to define the total volume of the tank. it then erases the temp variable and the previous resource definition entries.

and the methane tank that it's modifying has the following resource def's:

RESOURCE
{
name = LqdMethane
amount = 1648.5
maxAmount = 1648.5
}

RESOURCE
{
name = Oxidizer
amount = 2120.5
maxAmount = 2120.5
}

which all looks kosher to me. So why the error when trying to parse the temp variable?

Some hint would really help, thanks.

Removed

Your trollish disruptive messages got deleted because they have no place in a thread that exists to support users of Module Manager and and its further development.

You're not going to get your way so get used to the cat or go recompile it for your personal use without the cat.

Edited by sal_vager

OK, you won. It is obvious that "I am lazy and hate the community" so I won't spend a second more writing code or giving support on a forum where a user can spew homophobic BS and still post after the fourth message.

You can thanks Eddie Rod for that.

So long and thanks for all the fish.

OK, you won. It is obvious that "I am lazy and hate the community" so I won't spend a second more writing code or giving support on a forum where a user can spew homophobic BS and still post after the fourth message.

You can thanks Eddie Rod for that.

So long and thanks for all the fish.

You don't have to quit because of 1 person. Ok, it is annoying that Eddie complains about the same problem over and over again, but don't let the rest of the community feel the consequences because of 1 childish boy.

Please don't quit sarbian! Your work is amazing and so many mods rely on it. Please reconsider and don't let such a childish idiot get to you because this is the kind of reaction that people like them want.

Need help!

Yesterday my KSP install works fine, many mods and MM 2.5.6 running.

Then i decided to test ALCOR, bad idea, after KSP don´t load. I delete ALCOR and try again but nothing....

Then i start with delete mods and try again but also no succes.

I uninstall KSP and try with a new install:

1. without mods -> all fine

2. with mods -> first all fine but then the problem beginns again (where the first mod is installed that brings the MM.dll)

3. after many installs/uninstalls i found MM as making problems. When i delete the Modulemanager.2.5.6.dll KSP starts fine. With the dll it stops on the loading screen on the position "ModuleManager" where the configs should be loaded.

I tryed older versions of the dll (2.5.1 and 2.5.4) but still the same. I´m confused because before ALCOR all was fine and the new KSP install should normally solve the problem...

Need help!

Yesterday my KSP install works fine, many mods and MM 2.5.6 running.

Then i decided to test ALCOR, bad idea, after KSP don´t load. I delete ALCOR and try again but nothing....

Then i start with delete mods and try again but also no succes.

I uninstall KSP and try with a new install:

1. without mods -> all fine

2. with mods -> first all fine but then the problem beginns again (where the first mod is installed that brings the MM.dll)

3. after many installs/uninstalls i found MM as making problems. When i delete the Modulemanager.2.5.6.dll KSP starts fine. With the dll it stops on the loading screen on the position "ModuleManager" where the configs should be loaded.

I tryed older versions of the dll (2.5.1 and 2.5.4) but still the same. I´m confused because before ALCOR all was fine and the new KSP install should normally solve the problem...

Please provide your log file.

Read the thread at the following link for instructions on finding your log and how to make it available to us.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/92229-How-To-Get-Support-READ-FIRST

Also, where is your KSP installed? If it's in Program Files or Program Files (x86) then you should move it out of there. I keep my KSP installs in c:\Games which is a folder I created expressly for that purpose. You might want to try that before going for the logs. If it still happens, logs.