[1.1.2][1-1-2] May 13-2016 EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements

rbray89

Okay so what do I type in the box? I'm not getting what path you mean.

You would add the path to the texture. ie. "BoulderCo/Clouds/Textures/kerbin1" or whatever layer it is that you want to add. You also have to update all the other settings to configure it to how you want it to look. (detail texture, bump texture, etc.)

Hi guys,

I'm so desperated right now.

I'd love to have this mod, but I can't get it to work. I must have done something wrong.

I simply put the mod (GameData-Folder) into my KerbalSpaceProgram-Folder (like any other mod) but it wont work. Whats wrong? >.<

Many Greetings

Raving

Hi guys,

I'd love to have this mod, but I can't get it to work. I must have done something wrong.

I simply put the mod (GameData-Folder) into my KerbalSpaceProgram-Folder (like any other mod) but it wont work. Whats wrong? >.<

Many Greetings

Raving

what is the current location of BoulderCo? Any other mods installed? How does it not work (do clouds show on the main menu)? Did you install it before? What dows your KSP log show?

Hi guys,

Many Greetings

Raving

are you sure that the folder in GameData is titled BoulderCo?

are you sure that the folder in GameData is titled BoulderCo?

I haven't changed anything. I simply unpack the GameData folder into the main folder of KSP. I have to admit...HyperEdit isn't working, too.

I only know that all the Mods which includes parts work fine. (KW Rocketry)

Of course I tried to run the mod in a fresh installed KSP with no other mod but it still won't work!

Edited by RavingCraze

I haven't changed anything. I simply unpack the GameData folder into the main folder of KSP. I have to admit...HyperEdit isn't working, too.

I only know that all the Mods which includes parts work fine. (KW Rocketry)

Of course I tried to run the mod in a fresh installed KSP with no other mod but it still won't work!

Are you running. 22?

Well, as the clouds improve, the question is going to become 'how does generate cloud patterns?'

Personally, I'd tie it to a three layer system.

Layer 1 is the opacity of the master cloud textures for a planet determining where you'll see the cloud areas form in the first place.

Layer 2 is the... ... microtexture layer(*?) which determines the density of the cloud formations.

Layer 3 is the volumetric clouds themselves.

*?: The sub-layer that someone posted that determines what the planet cloud textures start looking like when they get up close. I'm not familiar with the name.

This could be further broken into layers that define a few different shapes and types of volumetric clouds to fit various sections of weather patterns. While the weather patterns would be static and unchanging aside from rotation of the cloud texture around the planet, at least it would look like there's weather going on.

The last question is how to come up with a smooth transition to bring the volumetric clouds into rendering, at what range to make it look nice, and without melting a GPU. Because you obviously don't want to draw these in high orbit, but you don't want them to be concentrated in a narrow field around the active vessel and break the illusion.

I pine for the days when we will all have graphics cards powerful enough to do full stochastic global-illumination sampling with volumetrics in realtime. That would make for great clouds.

Damnit future, get here faster!

I pine for the days when we will all have graphics cards powerful enough to do full stochastic global-illumination sampling with volumetrics in realtime. That would make for great clouds.

Damnit future, get here faster!

We have that.

They're just the size of a truck, produce enough waste heat to keep a school warm through the winter, and cost more money than anyone would consider SANE. Naturally, the military owns them. Military simulators are Serious Business.

We have that.

They're just the size of a truck, produce enough waste heat to keep a school warm through the winter, and cost more money than anyone would consider SANE. Naturally, the military owns them. Military simulators are Serious Business.

I said graphics cards, not graphics mobile homes! :) (I wonder how close we could get with a box stuffed full of Teslas...)

Is there any way to make the 'city lights' smaller? Kerbin feels a little too populated imho..

You can modify the BoulderCo\CityLights\Textures\Main.tga to either lessen the number of lights, dim them, modify where they are, or even (by increasing the image resolution) reduce the size of each pixel. In my testing though even doubling the WxH resolution wasn't enough to eliminate the blockiness of the cities.

We have that.

Not really. Hell the simulators *I* used looked and played VERY suspiciously like Arma lol. The pilots got the fancy mock ups of their helicopters to "fly" around in but use low enlisted just used a desktop pc.

Not really. Hell the simulators *I* used looked and played VERY suspiciously like Arma lol. The pilots got the fancy mock ups of their helicopters to "fly" around in but use low enlisted just used a desktop pc.

From what I have seen, military simulations look kind of substandard. What they do well is proper simulation, with all kinds of effects that normal games do not bother with. Looks are not the most important, functionality is.