[1.12.X] RealChute Parachute Systems v1.4.8.3 | 24/01/21

stupid_chris

As the chap that made the official RealChute models for stupid_chris, I definitely agree that the stack chutes shouldn't be traversable. You're looking at a compartment filled to the brim with explosives and large bags of tightly folded and compressed fabric plus cabling, and the rest of the space is for structural support of the chute compartment itself.

If you're looking to use a parachute near a docking port, consider my SDHI Service Module pack, which includes two docking ports with parachutes for LKO-to-Kerbin landings.

Yeah but these are Kerbals, accustomed to laughing in the face of danger.

Hah! Hah hah! (that's a Kerbal laughing in the face of danger as he tries to traverse the tight spaces... *click* oops... I think he just tripped an electrical contact of some kind... wonder what that ....)

Kudos on this mod pack. I'm glad you reduced the parts in this pack. Early on when you released this mod, I got overwhelm with all the chutes in the mod. I have a ton of my own chute parts so the number of chutes in my inventory are high. Streamlining the parts in a mod make it great and incorporates the stock parts a lot. Keep up the good work!

Aaaand I'm back. Got a call earlier telling me to go pick up my laptop :) As good as new, only had to do a system image restore as they had reset Windows to install the new hardware. That means after this week full of exams, I'll be up and running again to get RealChute ready for 0.25.

Thank you again to everyone who donated. I really hadn't asked for that and that was extremely nice of you guys. Y'all are awesome.

Sorry to hear about the Monitor of your laptop going out. When mine did that I was lucky enough to get my hands on a monitor and use that till the laptop completely failed It was a $600 laptop and they wanted nearly $450 for the replacement price with labor shipping and taxes. So I told em some pretty words and where to send it. but I kept it till it started to fail little by little and then sold it to a friend for spare parts.

I do hope that You get your lappy back and will be able to work on your projects and school work without hurry and rush. Best of luck !

Sorry to hear about the Monitor of your laptop going out. When mine did that I was lucky enough to get my hands on a monitor and use that till the laptop completely failed It was a $600 laptop and they wanted nearly $450 for the replacement price with labor shipping and taxes. So I told em some pretty words and where to send it. but I kept it till it started to fail little by little and then sold it to a friend for spare parts.

I do hope that You get your lappy back and will be able to work on your projects and school work without hurry and rush. Best of luck !

As per my last post, I do have it back :P I also have an external to play on/work at home, but the main reason I have a laptop is that I need to be able to carry it. If I can only use it at home, I'm screwed, and I really did have to change it.

I have a suggestion regarding the two conical parachutes you put on the top. They're too tall. It would be better if they looked similar to the shielded docking port.

That's all. They work great.

They are more far compliant that way. Better nose cones.

Just a question is there nay issues with Tweakscale? I can make the changes myself but I just want to make sure there wont be any issues down the line and loose crafts in flight.

Well this can already be scaled throught he RealChute interface, so really I never tested it with Tweakscale.

It's intentional :P Probably the most complex way to say "stop things from falling".

I did wonder. Whilst antiacceleration has appeal for me I think I like it (deacceleration).

EDIT: Almost forgot, came to find out when RC will be 0.25 ready (if it isn`t already)

Hi,

Just a quick note that the current release of RealChutes (1.2.4-06-08-14) doesn't show its window in the action groups view in the Editor, but a straight rebuild with no changes seemed to restore it to life. Will post more if I see any other issues but fingers crossed it'll be a simple mod to get happy on 0.25 if stupid_chris gets time to push an update.

Timmers

And here it is, RealChute v1.2.5 is up!

Changelog:

October 7th 2014
v1.2.5
-Fixed the bug where parachutes would disappear during quicksave/quickload process
-Fixed repack bug after reloading a craft with expanded chutes
-The SpaceCenter icon is now added to the stock Applauncher
-RealChute is now part of Wenkel Corporation
-Wenkel Corporation and RealChute flags
-Wenkel Corporation and RealChute are new agencies
-Entry cost reviewed for all chutes
-Added an option to target a specific landing altitude
-Now using a new timer device which follows game time
-Said timer sets parachute deployment correctly through time.
-Upgraded to CompatibilityChecker v4, RealChute is disabled on Windows 64bit installs
-ModuleTestSubject added to parachutes
-Now uses ModuleManager 2.5.0
-Moved the editor GUI to a separate object.

This update bundles a bunch of minor but game improving changes, as well as a few goodies from sumghai :) RealChute is now part of Wenkel Corporations, and both companies have been added to the agencies list.

On that note, RealChute is now disabled completely on all Windows 64bit build as many other mods are. Squad has as well as us have judged the 64bit builds on Windows to be unstable, so as a result, for your safety and to save us some time hunting down 64bit crashes, this mod will be disabled.

Thank you for your understanding.

Enjoy! :D

Changelog:

October 7th 2014
v1.2.5
-Upgraded to CompatibilityChecker v4, RealChute is disabled on Windows 64bit installs

On that note, RealChute is now disabled completely on all Windows 64bit build as many other mods are. Squad has as well as us have judged the 64bit builds on Windows to be unstable, so as a result, for your safety and to save us some time hunting down 64bit crashes, this mod will be disabled.

Ahh, I was coming here to ask about that because as written in the changelog it sounds like realchutes is disabled on any 64bit version of Windows not 64bit versions of KSP on Windows. IE Even if you used 32bits KSP on 64bit Windows.

Edward

I'm having a problem with the 1.2.5b release. After buying chutes tech, when trying to leave the R&D facility the top corner menu from the main screen (Contracts, etc.) appears over top of the R&D button but I stay stuck in the R&D building. I can switch to the archives and back but can't leave to the space center OR bail with the lower right exit button to the main menu. When I remove Realchutes the problem disappears. ;.;

Thank you for your understanding.

Yay.

Well, if you've been getting a lot of complaints from people about it not working on x64 who don't understand the above, then I can understand that.

But since it's been working quite happily for me under Windows x64 and this now requires me to fork your repository, unfix this, and compile my own version of the blasted thing in order to go on using it, I'm afraid understanding in the sense of sympathy will perhaps be somewhat lacking from this quarter.

:mad:

-c

Ahh, I was coming here to ask about that because as written in the changelog it sounds like realchutes is disabled on any 64bit version of Windows not 64bit versions of KSP on Windows. IE Even if you used 32bits KSP on 64bit Windows.

Edward

Wait... So RealChute doesn't work on Win x64, even if you're running 32bit KSP?

Yay.

Well, if you've been getting a lot of complaints from people about it not working on x64 who don't understand the above, then I can understand that.

But since it's been working quite happily for me under Windows x64 and this now requires me to fork your repository, unfix this, and compile my own version of the blasted thing in order to go on using it, I'm afraid understanding in the sense of sympathy will perhaps be somewhat lacking from this quarter.

:mad:

-c

I'm not going to endorse Squad's broken crap. All I can say is deal with it, and I'll remember to not take note of bug reports coming from your way as RealChute is not tested on 64bit.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.