[1.12.X] RealChute Parachute Systems v1.4.8.3 | 24/01/21

stupid_chris

I had the same issues. Had a ship in orbit, went to the space center, accepted a new mission, then went back to my ship and it was uncontrollable. Didn't show staging, and had a graphics glitch instead of the planet.

Even better, here's HOW TO FIX IT!

1. Rename your RealChute/ModuleManager/Stock_RealChute_MM.cfg file so it doesn't end in .cfg (so stock parachutes will work like stock, not like RealChutes)

2. If you already have a busted ship, edit your persistent.sfs. Find your VESSEL {} then find the PART {} for your parachute. Delete the MODULE{} blocks for "name = RealChuteModule" and "name = ProceduralChute".

This saved my poor ship ("Bob's Orbiter"). The ship was just a command pod, mk16 parachute, fuel tank, and lv-909. After editing the save file, it was fully controllable again. Edit: the parachute did NOT work after making my edit. Luckily I had fuel for a powered descent. :)

Here's a copy of my persistent.sfs files, before and after: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/97q9s307s461h4x/AADLA4dCgNC64V236FTMLwu6a?dl=0

he needs the output log for he can fix this issue. If you still have it.

having same issues as the guys above, non-functional vessel, white globe kerbin - i had the added fun as of having a tiny sized realchute nose parachute on my tiny orbiter resized to the maxsize on scene load... as well as no staging info or crew headshots, and random disappearing parts of my ship when changing time warp speeds...

i'm on win64x version of... JUST KIDDING!

output excerpts:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at RealChute.Parachute.Load (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at RealChute.Parachute..ctor (RealChute.RealChuteModule module, .ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at RealChute.RealChuteModule.<LoadParachutes>b__20 (.ConfigNode n) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Linq.Enumerable+<CreateSelectIterator>c__Iterator10`2[ConfigNode,RealChute.Parachute].MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[RealChute.Parachute].AddEnumerable (IEnumerable`1 enumerable) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[RealChute.Parachute]..ctor (IEnumerable`1 collection) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at RealChute.RealChuteModule.LoadParachutes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at RealChute.RealChuteModule.OnLoad (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at PartModule.Load (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Part.LoadModule (.ConfigNode node, System.Int32& moduleIndex) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ProtoPartModuleSnapshot.Load (.Part hostPart, System.Int32& moduleIndex) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ProtoPartSnapshot.Load (.Vessel vesselRef, Boolean loadAsRootPart) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ProtoVessel.LoadObjects () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Vessel.Load () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Vessel.MakeActive () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at FlightGlobals.setActiveVessel (.Vessel v, Boolean force) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at FlightGlobals.SetActiveVessel (.Vessel v) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at FlightDriver.Start () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RealChute.Parachute.Load (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at RealChute.Parachute..ctor (RealChute.RealChuteModule module, .ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at RealChute.RealChuteModule.<LoadParachutes>b__20 (.ConfigNode n) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Linq.Enumerable+<CreateSelectIterator>c__Iterator10`2[ConfigNode,RealChute.Parachute].MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[RealChute.Parachute].AddEnumerable (IEnumerable`1 enumerable) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[RealChute.Parachute]..ctor (IEnumerable`1 collection) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at RealChute.RealChuteModule.LoadParachutes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at RealChute.RealChuteModule.OnStart (StartState state) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Part.ModulesOnStart () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Part+.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Edited by skbernard
for lolz

he needs the output log for he can fix this issue. If you still have it.

I'd already overwritten it. And then.. all my guys died (since the parachutes didn't work) and my space program ran out of money, so I guess I'm done playing for the night. So, I loaded up the busted save file, and reproduced the issue. KSP.log and output_log.txt attached: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/97q9s307s461h4x/AADLA4dCgNC64V236FTMLwu6a?dl=0. All I did in this session was go to the tracking station and then "fly" the ship.

Loading the game with the attached save file reliably produces the issue, which should make it much easier to debug.

Here's a screenshot. There's no staging icons, you can't EVA, and the altimeter doesn't move at all. Oh and half the ship is missing (despite being correct in the save file). Loading the save file without RealChute allows me to control the ship (and see the whole thing).

c9ypSLJ.png

Edited by hab136

having same issues as the guys above, non-functional vessel, white globe kerbin - i had the added fun as of having a tiny sized realchute nose parachute on my tiny orbiter resized to the maxsize on scene load... as well as no staging info or crew headshots, and random disappearing parts of my ship when changing time warp speeds...

output excerpts:

at RealChute.RealChuteModule.OnLoad (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at PartModule.Load (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Part.LoadModule (.ConfigNode node, System.Int32& moduleIndex) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ProtoPartModuleSnapshot.Load (.Part hostPart, System.Int32& moduleIndex) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ProtoPartSnapshot.Load (.Vessel vesselRef, Boolean loadAsRootPart) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ProtoVessel.LoadObjects () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Vessel.Load () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Vessel.MakeActive () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at FlightGlobals.setActiveVessel (.Vessel v, Boolean force) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at FlightGlobals.SetActiveVessel (.Vessel v) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at FlightDriver.Start () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RealChute.RealChuteModule.OnStart (StartState state) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Part.ModulesOnStart () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Part+.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I need the full log as always.

Same problem as skbernard and only with this mod. I re-installed all my mods 'one at a time and boom, real chute did it every time.

I'm no expert, but i was unable to find anything in the outputlog, but here it is: https://www./?y42lwx6xwjw3qm1

You're not finding anything because the RealChute dll is not even loaded.

output excerpts:

REDACTED

output: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9Wz9LX05rwaNW9uWU1wSGhRdVU/view?usp=sharing

ksp: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9Wz9LX05rwaa0MzX25MYkVWb28/view?usp=sharing

Edited by skbernard

Im having the exact same issue. Reproducable, and fixable in the same way too, and also using the mk16 (Although I can assume all stock)

Im not on the gaming PC atm, but from your logs, and what I saw in mine - it seems to be a index overrun on a collection or list stupid_chris (Am I right?)

I havent looked into your code, nor have I even delved into modding KSP - perhaps I should ;)

I'm getting a weird problem in sandbox, I can attach radial parachutes but they aren't configurable and I can't add them to any action groups (such as abort). The collection of mods I'm using is the same as what I was using before 0.25 and all the mods installed have been updated, with exception of the firespitter pluggin. I can't right click them, all I can do is place them as if they were a strut.

The nose cone chute works normally.

Do I post a log? A specific portion of the log? Sorry, unfamiliar with KSP bug reporting.

I'm not tryin' to generate animosity, here, and I will gladly cooperate in any way I can to reduce that extra work and burden of unwanted and inapplicable support requests, suggestions welcome, so long as it's not the one that goes "in this theoretically open add-on development system, we get to break your game for you and you aren't allowed to fix it".

1. Fork Real Chute
  2. Rename (as a new mod) to Cerebrate's Chutes (or whatever floats your boat)
  3. Respect attribution requirements
  4. Host as a new KSP mod
  5. Create separate thread in which you can post links, license and information.
  6. Be responsible for all support requests in that thread in which you accept or reject support requests as you see fit and make the criteria known up front.
  7. Have fun.

And if you had done that beforehand without fanfare and without making Stupid Chris feel threatened you probably wouldn't even have had to throw the extra step in there of getting his permission. (though a heads up would have been nice)

as a someone who is using the x64 version, and made extensive use of this mod, I'm extremely disappointed that the mod will no longer support x64, even more so that it is set to automatically disable itself in an x64 game. I don't know what problems you coders are having with the new exe, but frankly I don't care. You are abandoning those of us who are unwilling or unable to play without 64 bit support. I bought 8 more gb of RAM, and upgraded my OS to x64, specifically so that my computer could better support KSP and other high end games with all the mods I like.

If you don't want to support x64, that's fine, atleast give us the option to continue using your mod at our own risk.

I'm getting a weird problem in sandbox, I can attach radial parachutes but they aren't configurable and I can't add them to any action groups (such as abort). The collection of mods I'm using is the same as what I was using before 0.25 and all the mods installed have been updated, with exception of the firespitter pluggin. I can't right click them, all I can do is place them as if they were a strut.

The nose cone chute works normally.

Do I post a log? A specific portion of the log? Sorry, unfamiliar with KSP bug reporting.

I need a full output_log.txt

Must have been overridden after i removed your mod and found that it was the problem

What do you mean? Are you sayign your issue has been resolved or?

If you don't want to support x64, that's fine, atleast give us the option to continue using your mod at our own risk.

Didn't the 1.2.5.2 patch notes indicate that this was no longer the case?

"Win64bit detecting changed to prevent it to be disabled"

Although I'll admit the the double negative there has me confused?

Didn't the 1.2.5.2 patch notes indicate that this was no longer the case?

Although I'll admit the the double negative there has me confused?

Nope, that simply means RealChute cannot be reenabled on 64bit without a recompile. Basically, the sequence which checks for the 64bit builds cannot be disabled.

Also, about that bug... the more I dig into it, the more I realize that the craft loading sequence makes no sense at all.

Nope, that simply means RealChute cannot be reenabled on 64bit without a recompile. Basically, the sequence which checks for the 64bit builds cannot be disabled.

Alas, I wonder how badly I'll manage to injure myself and property trying to compile a copy for personal use

You're probably going to hurt yourself using the Win64 build much more, but PM me and I'll walk you through it.

Thanks stupid_chris, I'll try it learning to do it myself first, but knowing me it'll be two hours later like

CAy8uCu.jpg

OK, need help. Important to try first though right :P

I must be unusual in that I find the 64-bit version to be very stable, and it is my preferred way of playing. So I guess I just remove this entirely then? Is it even worth trying to figure out a way to make it work? I straight up have inert parachutes on now since I didn't realize it didn't load the plugin period. If its possible to share that recompile, I'd be all over that.

I must be unusual in that I find the 64-bit version to be very stable, and it is my preferred way of playing. So I guess I just remove this entirely then? Is it even worth trying to figure out a way to make it work? I straight up have inert parachutes on now since I didn't realize it didn't load the plugin period. If its possible to share that recompile, I'd be all over that.

+1

I have 100+ mods and dont want to use ATM, so 64 bit is my only option and I love this mod. I know how to compile, just dont know which to compile. Maybe a link or how to via PM or otherwise no?

+1

I have 100+ mods and dont want to use ATM, so 64 bit is my only option and I love this mod. I know how to compile, just dont know which to compile. Maybe a link or how to via PM or otherwise no?

Dunno how you guys even played before 64bit was a thing. But I've said it and I'll repeat it: you,re more likely to run more mods on 32bit. 64bit has some serious issues.

Dunno how you guys even played before 64bit was a thing. But I've said it and I'll repeat it: you,re more likely to run more mods on 32bit. 64bit has some serious issues.

I play fairly simply. Not a TON of mods, I just find that 64 bit is more stable for me than the other version. I realize it has issues, but I've never run into anything really nasty beyond the first few tweaks. Its probably luck or something, but I would hardly call it unplayable. Hardly enough to avoid letting people make that choice for themselves at any rate. Never even had problems with RealChute in 0.24 x64 either.

I play fairly simply. Not a TON of mods, I just find that 64 bit is more stable for me than the other version. I realize it has issues, but I've never run into anything really nasty beyond the first few tweaks. Its probably luck or something, but I would hardly call it unplayable. Hardly enough to avoid letting people make that choice for themselves at any rate. Never even had problems with RealChute in 0.24 x64 either.

0.25 is at least twice as unstable. I couldn't even test RealChute on the 64bit builds without crashing all the time. It was the only mod I had. And without wasn't better.

I need a full output_log.txt

Here you go, I tried pastebin and I tried here but unfortunately it's too big.

http://www./view/u5ja96bbtj4q72g/output_log.txt

This is from flaffing about in 32bit.

Here is the craft file. Where before after I placed radial chutes they would not work it's now changed to about 50/50.

http://www./view/7xjoq7q490ypcw3/Test.craft

Edit: And now thats weird, after install magic smoke industries my unworkable chutes have disappeared completely. I have no words, but there is the output and the craft file if you want to see what was going on.

Edited by Morberis

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.