[1.12.X] RealChute Parachute Systems v1.4.8.3 | 24/01/21

stupid_chris

Welcome back!

Certainly your (or anyone's) personal well being is more important than any game (I mean that with all sincerity).

Just to be clear, and this is the last I'll speak of it.

A) The stock parachutes causing vessels to not spawn correctly (IE, most of the ship missing, can't be controlled, etc.) is a bug in the DLL?

B) The official "stopgap" workaround is to rename or remove "/RealChute/ModuleManager/Stock_RealChute_MM.cfg"?

Well Chris, thank you for not abandoning us entirely. The community needs you, even if it a reduced presence.

ON A SIDE NOTE: I used to be a tech rep. I got fired for when customers called me, instead of listening carefully to their detailed (and often inaccurate) descriptions of the problem, requesting all the diagnostic information. I can sympathize with what happened.

ON ANOTHER SIDE NOTE: Someone already did EVA parachutes. In my humble opinion, RealChutes doesn't need anything but compatibility updates anymore.

• When I come back, I'm not going to answer support requests until I've been provided with all the needed information;
  • I'm not going to answer support requests for things that have been answered/fixed multiple times in the few last pages or in previous updates;
  • I'm not going to support users who have unlocked RealChute on Win64, even if they revert to 32bit after. Basically, doing this voids your “guaranteeâ€Â. This will hold until Squad removes the unstable builds, or that I judge Win64 to be stable enough. You've been warned;
  • Dropping support as a whole and letting third parties sort through the bug and different reports has been considered, and might happen if things do not go better and I judge it to be necessary, but we'll cross that bridge if we come to it;
  • The OP will explain carefully what I need, and how to report bugs;
  • I will not reply to snarky, rude, judgemental, demanding, or accusatory comments or requests.

Honestly, Chris, I think that you've set forth guidelines not just for yourself, but any mod author who wants to stay sane. I've seen plenty of other threads here where these exact same rules could be applied, and should.

Someone already did EVA parachutes. In my humble opinion, RealChutes doesn't need anything but compatibility updates anymore.
I think the EVA chutes were Vanguard, or something like that....

Yeah, Vanguard Technologies does include EVA chutes, but to be fair:

- The documentation and maintenance of VT is spotty at times

- Having non-neck breaking and better bailout chutes is always good (VT chute models look wierd)

- I've been personally nagging Chris about an improved bailout function for some time, including the possibility of ejector seats.

I only posted the name of the mod, as i remembered it. I certainly wasn't recommending them...

Hell, I'am happy to wait to see if RC does anything like that in the future...

I have plenty of willing ready and almost able pilots until then.... Why spoil them???

LoL..

Cheers.

Honestly, Chris, I think that you've set forth guidelines not just for yourself, but any mod author who wants to stay sane. I've seen plenty of other threads here where these exact same rules could be applied, and should.

Totally agree. Don't bother with people that can't even be bothered to spend a couple minutes searching or looking through a thread.

Maybe have a form response; support requests which don't use the form (filled in) don't even get looked at.

You might also be able to find volunteers to essentially run initial support in the thread, and issues can only be escalated to you by one of the thread support volunteers

Maybe have a form response; support requests which don't use the form (filled in) don't even get looked at.

You might also be able to find volunteers to essentially run initial support in the thread, and issues can only be escalated to you by one of the thread support volunteers

I like that idea. Some modders should get together and draft up a support request form with REQUIRED fields, and then have that stickied on the top of both Addon release and addon dev forums, also on top of that, in all addon threads.

Also, have "HELP IT BROKE" messages be punishable with a temporary ban from the forums. It'd be no different than for me to have a waterpump failure on my car and phone a garage saying "The car doesn't do the thing where it goes broom vroom vroom".

Okay, I read over the last umpteen pages of the forum here trying to understand what's going on, and I have two questions. 1)Is it still possible to download this mod? I can't find a download link, there's one on the first page, but it seems broken/disabled? And 2) am I understanding correctly that, if I can get a download of this, there is a bug in the system right now that won't allow you to use the stock parachute models? that seems to be what a few people are saying, but I'm not sure if that's up to date with the latest version.

I love this mod, and can't imagine playing KSP without it. I appreciate all the hard work that has been put into the mod, thanks for all you've done, stupid_chris! :)

Okay, I read over the last umpteen pages of the forum here trying to understand what's going on, and I have two questions. 1)Is it still possible to download this mod? I can't find a download link, there's one on the first page, but it seems broken/disabled? And 2) am I understanding correctly that, if I can get a download of this, there is a bug in the system right now that won't allow you to use the stock parachute models? that seems to be what a few people are saying, but I'm not sure if that's up to date with the latest version.

I love this mod, and can't imagine playing KSP without it. I appreciate all the hard work that has been put into the mod, thanks for all you've done, stupid_chris! :)

(1) This link from the opening post should work http://www./download/i1k5kdcz9iw6yq9/RealChute_v1.2.5.3.zip (just a URL parse error in the post)

Not sure about (2)

Download - [url=http://www./download/bwv38351a6ufzss/RealChute_v1.2.5.2.ziphttp://www./download/i1k5kdcz9iw6yq9/RealChute_v1.2.5.3.zipd in the main download.

Mods supported:

• H.O.M.E.
  • Bobcat's American Pack
  • Bobcat's Soviet Pack
  • Tantares
  • NovaPunch
  • KP0110 pod
  • FASA
  • Bargain Rockets
  • Stock

Mods using RealChute:

• SDHI
  • Home Grown Rockets
  • D.E.R.P. Escape Pod

The download part is messed up and there are two links to two different versions :|

Which one is the latests working one?

I'm running 1.2.5.2 personally. however the latest is 1.2.5.3

my PERSONAL solution to the stock-chutes issue... not use stock-chutes... you could delete them from the game, personally i just ignore them and haven't unlocked them. (realchutes are free to unlock anyway so bonus there)

Chris: you have our support (i'm suprised most of that isn't forum rules) and we're glad you are sticking around *internet hugs*

The download part is messed up and there are two links to two different versions :|

Which one is the latests working one?

The one with the higher version number, of course...

Here's the Kerbalstuff link, which is somehow missing in the first post: https://kerbalstuff.com/mod/71/RealChute%20Parachute%20Systems

Edited by slumpie

Here's the Kerbalstuff link, which is somehow missing in the first post: https://kerbalstuff.com/mod/71/RealChute%20Parachute%20Systems

apologies for the off-topic... but does anybody else wince when they see %20's in urls? i know the big grown up internet can cope, but i remember when that royally messed up downloads!

as always, much love to this mod and beyond the stock chutes still no problems :)

Links are fixed.

This is a great mod! It's essential if you want to use stage recovery.

I don't want to add to the touchiness of this already emotional thread. But I haven't seen this reported elsewhere in the thread, and I just want to ask if there's something I've done wrong.

I installed a bunch of mods, and then noticed whenever I reload a quick save, EVERY Part disappears except that capsule I'm currently flying.

I started with a fresh install, and did one mod at a time, each on it's own (I had a lot of time) and then I came to RealChute 1.2.5.3, and it was the only mod I had installed on a fresh game. And when I made a quicksave, and reloaded it, all the parts but the capsule disappeared. This happens in flight, in orbit, and just sitting on the launch pad.

This is a great mod! It's essential if you want to use stage recovery.

I don't want to add to the touchiness of this already emotional thread. But I haven't seen this reported elsewhere in the thread, and I just want to ask if there's something I've done wrong.

I installed a bunch of mods, and then noticed whenever I reload a quick save, EVERY Part disappears except that capsule I'm currently flying.

I started with a fresh install, and did one mod at a time, each on it's own (I had a lot of time) and then I came to RealChute 1.2.5.3, and it was the only mod I had installed on a fresh game. And when I made a quicksave, and reloaded it, all the parts but the capsule disappeared. This happens in flight, in orbit, and just sitting on the launch pad.

Are you getting any Null Refs? Also, logs please.

Are you getting any Null Refs? Also, logs please.

No, not getting any crash logs or anything either. I'll test it again and see if anything comes up on the in game log. I'm running this on Mac if that makes a difference. I have never seen my Mac generate a log for anything in KSP.

No, not getting any crash logs or anything either. I'll test it again and see if anything comes up on the in game log. I'm running this on Mac if that makes a difference. I have never seen my Mac generate a log for anything in KSP.

Haven't played this on a Mac, but unless squad is crazy there is most certainly logs in the KSP folder.

~edit: yes there is logs: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/92229-How-To-Get-Support-%28READ-FIRST%29

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.