[1.12] Extraplanetary Launchpads v6.99.3

taniwha

24 minutes ago, goldenpsp said:

Something changed. Those errors are generally when ksp can't find the files for the parts. Double check your install

Checked the install and everything is there, reinstalled and tried the new DLL, no change in the problem. 

Digging deep I think the only thing I might have done was "refill resources" on KML, not sure why that would break the parts though. 

17 minutes ago, Jengaleng said:

Checked the install and everything is there, reinstalled and tried the new DLL, no change in the problem. 

Digging deep I think the only thing I might have done was "refill resources" on KML, not sure why that would break the parts though. 

Picture of your gamedata folder?

On 17/12/2016 at 4:31 AM, Sejmir said:

Can I download this mod for version 1.0.5 ?

You can. Just edit the download url to have the appropriate EL version (5.2.95 for KSP 1.0.5 (mentioned in the OP, btw :P))

On 15/12/2016 at 7:28 AM, Siama said:

Source patch for augers in ksp-1.2.2:

Thank you. I've applied the patch and will release soon. Just working on a few other changes.

3 hours ago, taniwha said:

You can. Just edit the download url to have the appropriate EL version (5.2.95 for KSP 1.0.5 (mentioned in the OP, btw :P))

Thank you. I've applied the patch and will release soon. Just working on a few other changes.

Using Siama's patch everything works but i cannot change the launchpad. I can only use the standard launchpad (the one with rockets) I cannot select  pencils I stick on the ground as position for new vessel. Suggestions?

Edited by kitamuort

11 minutes ago, kitamuort said:

Using Siama's patch everything works but i cannot change the launchpad. I can only use the standard launchpad (the one with rockets) I cannot select  pencils I stick on the ground as position for new vessel. Suggestions?

Do you have a survey station (you need one to build from survey stakes)

I have released version 5.6.0 of Extraplanetary Launchpads.

Changes from 5.5.4:

• Update for KSP 1.2.2
  • Fix the augers (many thanks to Siama for the patch).
  • Add an option to the EL settings window to choose between toolbar and app-launcher.
  • Fix the NRE when selecting a drop-down item.

I love the idea of this mod, I've not got it working successfully yet. I was almost there, when KSP 1.2.2 released & since then I've been having trouble.

I have a spacestation that I built in KSP 1.2/1.2.1 (I can't remember, sorry) with EL 5.5.3, but when I was upgrading MKS/OKS (I think it was), to handle KSP 1.2.2, I then received an error that ExOrbitalDock is missing and my spacestation cannot be loaded.

I thought upgrading to EL 5.6.0 would fix, but it apparently hasn't. 

Also the Orbital Pad and Lunch Pad 2 appear to have gone missing, as I am unable to find them in the VAB parts list. Only the Rocket Workbench and Survey Stakes appear in the list.

Could another Mod be causing a conflict, if so, how do I tell which & how do I fix it please? Or how do I start the debugging process?

KSP AVC reports these:

KSP: 1.2.2 (Win64) - Unity: 5.4.0p4 - OS: Windows 10  (10.0.0) 64bit
Filter Extensions - 2.8.0.2
USI Tools - 0.8.7
B9 Part Switch - 1.5.3
Community Category Kit - 1.2.1
Community Resource Pack - 0.6.4
CommunityTechTree - 3.0.2
Extraplanetary Launchpads - 5.6
Firespitter - 7.5
Interstellar Fuel Switch - 2.3.1
KAS - 0.6
Kerbal Engineer Redux - 1.1.2.8
HyperEdit - 1.5.3
KIS - 1.3.1
KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.6.2
Infernal Robots - 2.0.8
NearFutureConstruction - 0.7.2
NearFutureElectrical - 0.8.2
NearFuturePropulsion - 0.8.2
NearFutureSolar - 0.7.1
Kerbal Planetary Base Systems - 1.3.10
RCS Sounds - 5.0
SCANsat - 1.1.6.11
SpaceY Expanded - 1.3.1
SpaceY Lifters - 1.15
Kerbal Alarm Clock - 3.8.3
TweakScale - 2.3.3
USI Core - 0.3.5
Konstruction - 0.1.8
UKS - 0.50.8
WildBlueTools - 1.8.10
Buffalo - 1.0
Pathfinder - 1.3

1 hour ago, carth2000 said:

I love the idea of this mod, I've not got it working successfully yet. I was almost there, when KSP 1.2.2 released & since then I've been having trouble.

I have a spacestation that I built in KSP 1.2/1.2.1 (I can't remember, sorry) with EL 5.5.3, but when I was upgrading MKS/OKS (I think it was), to handle KSP 1.2.2, I then received an error that ExOrbitalDock is missing and my spacestation cannot be loaded.

I thought upgrading to EL 5.6.0 would fix, but it apparently hasn't. 

Also the Orbital Pad and Lunch Pad 2 appear to have gone missing, as I am unable to find them in the VAB parts list. Only the Rocket Workbench and Survey Stakes appear in the list.

Could another Mod be causing a conflict, if so, how do I tell which & how do I fix it please? Or how do I start the debugging process?

KSP AVC reports these:

KSP: 1.2.2 (Win64) - Unity: 5.4.0p4 - OS: Windows 10  (10.0.0) 64bit
Filter Extensions - 2.8.0.2
USI Tools - 0.8.7
B9 Part Switch - 1.5.3
Community Category Kit - 1.2.1
Community Resource Pack - 0.6.4
CommunityTechTree - 3.0.2
Extraplanetary Launchpads - 5.6
Firespitter - 7.5
Interstellar Fuel Switch - 2.3.1
KAS - 0.6
Kerbal Engineer Redux - 1.1.2.8
HyperEdit - 1.5.3
KIS - 1.3.1
KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.6.2
Infernal Robots - 2.0.8
NearFutureConstruction - 0.7.2
NearFutureElectrical - 0.8.2
NearFuturePropulsion - 0.8.2
NearFutureSolar - 0.7.1
Kerbal Planetary Base Systems - 1.3.10
RCS Sounds - 5.0
SCANsat - 1.1.6.11
SpaceY Expanded - 1.3.1
SpaceY Lifters - 1.15
Kerbal Alarm Clock - 3.8.3
TweakScale - 2.3.3
USI Core - 0.3.5
Konstruction - 0.1.8
UKS - 0.50.8
WildBlueTools - 1.8.10
Buffalo - 1.0
Pathfinder - 1.3

The newest version of MKS includes a Module Manager config  that gets rid of all EL parts except the mallet and survey stakes. To undo this go to GameData/UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS, open the file called EL_USI.cfg and delete the last 10 lines.

I'm curious: how would people feel about me changing recycling to produce ScrapMetal instead of Metal in the next minor (eg, 5.7.0) release? As mentioned before, the only reason I haven't made the change is I wanted to avoid breaking people's saves.

It would mean that for recyclers to be useful, smelters would have to be available, and scrap metal can take quite a bit of space (I'd have to either make more storage containers, or make MFT a required mod (meaning I could ditch a lot of storage containers)).

In the end, I'll make the decision on my own (like I did with removing insta-build and free builds), but I want to get a feel for the change's reception and give a heads-up that it may be coming.

I've found that recycling is an excellent way to supply a station in LKO with both metal and fuel in one shot: recycling drains the remaining fuel and sends it to the tanks, and then converts the ship to metal and stores that.

That said: indeed it may not be quite so useful when further away from Kerbin.

41 minutes ago, taniwha said:

I'm curious: how would people feel about me changing recycling to produce ScrapMetal instead of Metal in the next minor (eg, 5.7.0) release? As mentioned before, the only reason I haven't made the change is I wanted to avoid breaking people's saves.

It would mean that for recyclers to be useful, smelters would have to be available, and scrap metal can take quite a bit of space (I'd have to either make more storage containers, or make MFT a required mod (meaning I could ditch a lot of storage containers)).

In the end, I'll make the decision on my own (like I did with removing insta-build and free builds), but I want to get a feel for the change's reception and give a heads-up that it may be coming.

I like the idea, however I'm not sure how it will work with NSSC. Will it be possible to add CFG file that will define recycler output?

51 minutes ago, taniwha said:

I'm curious: how would people feel about me changing recycling to produce ScrapMetal instead of Metal in the next minor (eg, 5.7.0) release?

I am pretty much diametrically opposed to anything that adds a resource. If you could build rockets out of Ore I'd be happy. Well okay maybe not Ore, but metal without the need to convert to RocketParts first. Or be able to convert ore directly into RocketParts.

12 minutes ago, RealGecko said:

I like the idea, however I'm not sure how it will work with NSSC. Will it be possible to add CFG file that will define recycler output?

I think the idea is great.  I'm not sure  @taniwha should be concerned with a downstream mod that is using the original EPL dll's compatibility.  You could always just fork the DLL and adjust it for your needs.

Edited by goldenpsp

30 minutes ago, goldenpsp said:

I think the idea is great.  I'm not sure  @taniwha should be concerned with a downstream mod that is using the original EPL dll's compatibility.  You could always just fork the DLL and adjust it for your needs.

NSSC does not use EPL dll, it extends Simple Construction that does, but alas does not have recycling capability.

54 minutes ago, RealGecko said:

It's already there. The change from Metal to ScrapMetal would involve just one line in ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads/Resources/Recipes.cfg.

44 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

I am pretty much diametrically opposed to anything that adds a resource. If you could build rockets out of Ore I'd be happy. Well okay maybe not Ore, but metal without the need to convert to RocketParts first. Or be able to convert ore directly into RocketParts.

ScrapMetal is not a new resource: it has been in EL for quite some time (produced when working Metal into RocketParts, introduced Apr 2014). However, using EL's recipe system, it is quite possible to build rockets out of MonoPropellant (I was about to say ElectricCharge, then I remembered it has no mass and that would break things*). The recipe system is documented in EL's pdf (albeit not very well: it doesn't cover the default recipes).

* EL's mass conservation is non-negotiable :) (though it may be lossy, and there is a cheat: the point is, all resource conversions are mass-based rather than volume-based).

As I hope my response to RealGecko indicates, changing the output of recyclers back to Metal (or to any other resource) would be trivial. Also, by design, the recipe system can be edited with Module Manager (if not, it's a bug).

Edited by taniwha

2 minutes ago, goldenpsp said:

Same difference.  NSSC is piggybacking on a mod that uses EPL's DLL.

I guess it's not you who's in charge here to decide what is downstream and who needs doing something. I asked a clear question and if you cannot provide clear answer I think that you'd better stay quiet.

3 minutes ago, taniwha said:

It's already there. The change from Metal to ScrapMetal would involve just one line in ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads/Resources/Recipes.cfg.

That's great, are you talking about

EL_RecycleRecipe {
	name = RocketParts
	Resources {
		Metal = 8
		loss = 2
	}
}

?