[0.25] 6S Service Compartment Tubes - "Design smooth!"

nothke

Sorry guys, I left to play new career mode and didn't check if it works at all. Now I fixed it.

I always have 2 links, but now I though, nah, spaceport is reliable enough.. When, it just didn't warn me I can't upload .rar files, no errors. Everything looked ok =(

They would need to be added to the \Kerbal Space Program\GameData\FerramAerospaceResearch\Plugins\PluginData\FerramAerospaceResearch\config.xml file toward the bottom something like this:

<string name="cargoBayTitle2">service compartment</string>

Sorry guys, I left to play new career mode and didn't check if it works at all. Now I fixed it.

I always have 2 links, but now I though, nah, spaceport is reliable enough.. When, it just didn't warn me I can't upload .rar files, no errors. Everything looked ok =(

Nothke, thanks for reuploading as a .zip. I know there are many people (myself included) who never want to download WinRAR or 7zip just to open a few files. Those formats make things inaccessible to me and those like me. That's probably why spaceport expects .zip as well.

They would need to be added to the \Kerbal Space Program\GameData\FerramAerospaceResearch\Plugins\PluginData\FerramAerospaceResearch\config.xml file toward the bottom something like this:

It's already working this way with newest FAR. (noted in the changelog)

Do these aero shield stuff inside without FAR?

Without FAR, there is no need to aero shield stuff cause the stock aero method is very simple and drag doesn't work as it should be, I think there would be no difference in flight if you have stuff inside or not (except if that stuff are wings or control surfaces).

They bay DOES open,you just have to do it in EVA.

He knows that, he said that it doesn't open when you use an action group :P

also

(except if that stuff are wings or control surfaces).

Nothke, ksp's default aerodynamics mean that even wings and control surfaces work and cause drag inside objects (that's why scott manley's box flies) :P (it's dumb I know)

Edited by Boamere

I have to say that these are fantastic. I have a science bay on my lander now which has a small ladder leading up to the doors. Lander looks nice and kerbal can climb ladder to retrieve science data for return to KSC later on, and I don't have crap sticking out all over the rocket.

Firespitter may have started out as a aircraft parts pack, and is still well know for it's aircraft parts, It has since expanded and added new features as needed. Firespitter.dll handles things like animations, MFDs(predecessors to RastorPropmoniter), along with other assorted features that make it highly useful to other modders. In this case the 6S Compartments use the animation portion of the plugin....

Though some features have since become stock firespitter merely has replaced it's versions with the stock versions with certain tweaks(At least that's my understanding), In this case the most recent big feature that was replaced was the tweakables, Firespitter used to be the plugin that allowed tweakables in mods while we waited for them to be made stock.....

Edited by Railgunner2160

the doors don't work right in flight.

the door animation jumps to open position and plays the close animation.

so its not possible to open the door in flight.

i just tested it with the 1m version.

still a usefull and nice looking part :)

Sounds like an error, I've seen this with other parts that forget what state their animations they were in. Usually occurs after you leave and come back, or after you reload a save....

Edit: Is the ship with the part in question one that was launched from a previous version of the mod????

Edited by Railgunner2160

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.