[0.23] ActionGroupManager (AGM) 1.3.2.0 (29/01/2014) : bugfixes

SirJulio

I use it without issues as well, but it does need an update. Some things have changed in KSP that makes the window too small as mentioned above so you have to scroll around, also it was last updated prior to the App Launcher so I'm going to make that happen. I also plan to make the tweakables optional as SirJulio had wanted to do.

It is going to get a new name, because that is just about the only requirement of the license.

Glad this is going to be updated. AGM is one of my "must install" mods for every KSP update.

How does this compare with Action Groups Extended? What features would you implement in this mod that AGE doesn't have? Which has the best interface?

You guys, having used this mod for so long are much better suited than I to make judgement by loading them both up. I'm listening...

How does this compare with Action Groups Extended? What features would you implement in this mod that AGE doesn't have? Which has the best interface?

You guys, having used this mod for so long are much better suited than I to make judgement by loading them both up. I'm listening...

It's the other way around. AGM integrates with the native action groups, which some people find desirable, especially if they want to share their craft files. Action Groups Extended supplants the native system with it's own. The advantages are you get more groups, but lose the ability to share the craft as "stock" (or at least not with all the planned groups working). AGM is simply a in-flight manager, not a new system like AGX. I plan to stick to that design ideal.

So yeah, it's the other way around. This has less features, by design.

Also if you like the RealChute mod, AGX is no good because it covers the RealChute interface.

All of that said, I do have a couple of ideas that AGX doesn't have to knowledge, but I'm not ready to talk about them just yet.

Edited by Alshain

Anyone interested in reviving this? It has quite a permissive licence.

The GUI is well designed, though words are getting lost out the side. It is also not letting me use the same action group for multiple things- I attempt to set one pair of engines to custom02, but it removes them when I attempt to add the next pair.

Actually, the interface was quite badly designed. It was unintuative, and, worse, modal. (Specifically, if you had nothing selected, clicking the button for one of the action groups would select everything currently assigned to that group. However, if you did have something selected, clicking an action group button would instead assign your current selection to that group, overwriting any existing actions!)

Actually, the interface was quite badly designed. It was unintuative, and, worse, modal. (Specifically, if you had nothing selected, clicking the button for one of the action groups would select everything currently assigned to that group. However, if you did have something selected, clicking an action group button would instead assign your current selection to that group, overwriting any existing actions!)

That is one of the things I plan to change. I will say this though, it's very well coded.

Edited by Alshain

Any progress on your work?

It's slow going, as is expected when learning someone else's work. Coding style is like opinions, everyone's got one and every one is different.

I wouldn't expect anything until 0.90 as far as a release goes, but I may create a WIP thread for an incremental features "beta" a bit sooner.

It's slow going, as is expected when learning someone else's work. Coding style is like opinions, everyone's got one and every one is different.

I wouldn't expect anything until 0.90 as far as a release goes, but I may create a WIP thread for an incremental features "beta" a bit sooner.

I understand you completely.

Sorry guys, that link is dead. I will reupload that fix later today. Please be patient if you are looking for it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Any chance we're getting this for .90 ?

Is it acting up?

Actually, I'll just download it and see.

Edit: This appears to be working perfectly in 0.90. There are no warnings and the behavior is correct. The license is WTFPL, so if it acts up just post in here and someone will probably fix it.

Edited by Khatharr

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.