[0.23] ActionGroupManager (AGM) 1.3.2.0 (29/01/2014) : bugfixes

SirJulio

Some screens to show you what i'm working on. It's heavily based on Action on the Fly by macbernick updated by Pontiac (Thanks both of you !) which i try to interface with my mod back-end.

I had feedback about the UI which was way too heavy for some, so i put my mod on a diet and he's back slimmer than ever. All is managed through the part context click (please 0.23 don't mess too much with that ! =D). I plan to keep both UI and made them as independent as possible for those who only want only one UI. But switch from one or the other will be possible in-game easily.

Now screens !

Javascript is disabled. View full album

It's mainly functional, just need to polish things a little. I hope to release that soon.

Screen shots aren't showing up.

Some screens to show you what i'm working on. It's heavily based on Action on the Fly by macbernick updated by Pontiac (Thanks both of you !) which i try to interface with my mod back-end.

I had feedback about the UI which was way too heavy for some, so i put my mod on a diet and he's back slimmer than ever. All is managed through the part context click (please 0.23 don't mess too much with that ! =D). I plan to keep both UI and made them as independent as possible for those who only want only one UI. But switch from one or the other will be possible in-game easily.

Now screens !

Javascript is disabled. View full album

It's mainly functional, just need to polish things a little. I hope to release that soon.

Well, for the action group logic i don't think there will be any problem. But for the context menu, that's another story. I've seen some footage of kerbalcon and it seems, that they modified the context menu (at least the global look of it). We'll see.

Great idea! But one thing I really want to see is a simple on-screen GUI for each action group button, say a horizontal or vertical bar with ten squares that you can press on screen to start the action, or right-click to edit or rename. Let's say:

[AG1] [AG2] [AG3] ...

You could rename them from AG1 to, say, Main Engine Toggle or Solar Panel Toggle. And...these settings would be saved with the craft.

Great idea! But one thing I really want to see is a simple on-screen GUI for each action group button, say a horizontal or vertical bar with ten squares that you can press on screen to start the action, or right-click to edit or rename. Let's say:

[AG1] [AG2] [AG3] ...

You could rename them from AG1 to, say, Main Engine Toggle or Solar Panel Toggle. And...these settings would be saved with the craft.

I was thinking about something similar, yes. I need to finish the new ui system, wait for 0.23 release to fix possible incompatibilities and i will work on that.

1.2.0.0 released :

* 0.23 compatibility. Nothing changed.

* Can now add or remove a part and all the symmetry counter parts with a single button.

* Added tooltip for all buttons.

* Now, when the list is empty, the bottom buttons are only activated if there is parts linked to that action group.

Does this mod save the action groups persistently through craft changes and restarts/reloads?

As in, if I set a group of solar panels to group one, shut down KSP, restart KSP, go back to that save and craft, will the solar panels still be tied to group one? I don't remember AotF having that ability.

Does this mod save the action groups persistently through craft changes and restarts/reloads?

As in, if I set a group of solar panels to group one, shut down KSP, restart KSP, go back to that save and craft, will the solar panels still be tied to group one? I don't remember AotF having that ability.

Yes.

Due to how KSP handle actiongroups in the actual build, there is no such thing as temporary assignement. The moment you assign, say, your solar panel to action group 01, that's it. You can even desinstal AGM and restart your game, your panel will always be linked to custom 01. Even if you take your persistent file and give it to a friend.

Same thing, if you build your ship, assign some parts to custom action groups, the mod will detect it and show them to you.

Good to hear. I hope you like it.

I don't like it.

I love it.

it's just the most useful mod ever when it comes to space stations, if you don't remember which part of the station had which solar panels etc mapped to which key, you can edit it in space.

Just awesome.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.