[0.23] ActionGroupManager (AGM) 1.3.2.0 (29/01/2014) : bugfixes

SirJulio

Suggestion -- can you add a "rename" feature, e.g., so that I can rename "Custom01" to provide my own descriptive name for that action group?

Suggestion -- for a feature like "context edit", you may want to load from a saved config file, users who don't want it can unlink it from the menu, those who do want it can keep it. Or, see the way Kerbal Engineer Redux handles its "Settings" menu for inspiration.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

So, it does appear that this mod is not under active development anymore. Are there any other, similar mods that are? Preferably with a better interface? (Modal buttons! When nothing is selected, the 'Group 1' button selects everything currently assigned to group 1 - but if anything at all is selected, the same button instead assigns that to group 1, over-writing anything already there!)

• 1 month later...

For those who want to get rid of the unneccessary rightclick-menu stuff, and who know how to edit C# and compile it - here's how to do it:

1. There's a file called lightweightuinew.cs or similarily named. It contains all the rightclick stuff. Find the initialize function in it. From there, tell your IDE to find references: You'll find that it is initialized in ActionGroupManager.cs: Three consecutive codelines. This is the ONLY reference to lightweightuinew.cs. Otherwise, it is entirely selfcontained.

2. This means that once you deleted the init call from AGM, you can simply delete the entire lightweightuinew.cs file, since nothing references it anymore.

3. Go ahead and compile. There's nothing else to do.

And for those of us who don't want to get a compiler and editor we can still beg of the author and others (if license permits) to remove the right-click stuff. The toggle on the toolbar is great. And for the truly adventurous coder, the Unity Smoke menu would top it off.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Anyone interested in reviving this? It has quite a permissive licence.

The GUI is well designed, though words are getting lost out the side. It is also not letting me use the same action group for multiple things- I attempt to set one pair of engines to custom02, but it removes them when I attempt to add the next pair.

Anyone interested in reviving this? It has quite a permissive licence.

The GUI is well designed, though words are getting lost out the side. It is also not letting me use the same action group for multiple things- I attempt to set one pair of engines to custom02, but it removes them when I attempt to add the next pair.

I'm working on it, but it should work anyway as is. You just have to scroll around. It's a bit irritating, I know.

As for multiple things, the UI has always been a bit backward from what you expect in the VAB. You build the group actions first, then click the group number to assign them after your done. It should still function.

I've got a few small feature I want to add to it though, been thinking about it for a while now and decided to start a few days ago.

Edited by Alshain

I'm working on it, but it should work anyway as is. You just have to scroll around. It's a bit irritating, I know.

As for multiple things, the UI has always been a bit backward from what you expect in the VAB. You build the group actions first, then click the group number to assign them after your done. It should still function.

I've got a few small feature I want to add to it though, been thinking about it for a while now and decided to start a few days ago.

Awesome. I look forward to seeing improvements.

I seem to have achieved what I wanted, though the GUI was not as straightforward as it seemed...

I use this quite a while now with 0.25, no problems or bugs detected.

Works perfect, like it did in past versions! :)

I use it without issues as well, but it does need an update. Some things have changed in KSP that makes the window too small as mentioned above so you have to scroll around, also it was last updated prior to the App Launcher so I'm going to make that happen. I also plan to make the tweakables optional as SirJulio had wanted to do.

It is going to get a new name, because that is just about the only requirement of the license.

Edited by Alshain

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.