[0.23] ActionGroupManager (AGM) 1.3.2.0 (29/01/2014) : bugfixes

SirJulio

@ Sir Julio: many thanks.

That analysis is exactly what I needed, I hoped it could be possible to extend the relevant class but you know better.

I also like that you did test something to this end, so if any easy solution was possible you would for sure have told.

I saw you uploaded a new video recently and still had AGM installed. Was it prerecorded or did I miss you mentioning the bug is indeed fixed?

My KSP time is somewhat limited at the moment, so if you - or anyone else - can do a test and confirm the bug as squished, I would not have to risk wasting time on a fruitless mission, thank you! :)

I saw you uploaded a new video recently and still had AGM installed. Was it prerecorded or did I miss you mentioning the bug is indeed fixed?

My KSP time is somewhat limited at the moment, so if you - or anyone else - can do a test and confirm the bug as squished, I would not have to risk wasting time on a fruitless mission, thank you! :)

I'm anywhere from 1 to 2 weeks ahead of what I post. I just got done posting the videos where I found the bug, but in those videos I did not yet know it was AGM that was causing it.

I have not tested it since the new version came out, but I did reinstall with that intention. Don't know when I'll get a chance to test.

If it's worth anything I recently lost all of my experiments from the science lab that was storing them after installing AGM 1.3.2.0 (In fear of losing my experiments, ironically enough). The situation that 5th horseman describes in his bug report did not occur though, so it may be an unrelated incident. The science lab storing the data did get unloaded and then reloaded, but I was in a (different) ship at those times.

I have to recollect those experiments and other experiments I've yet to do, so if this continues I will come back with more information.

Edit: From what I can tell the update may have made the issue worse. What I'm doing:

1. Removing experiments from the instruments and command capsule of Science Lander 1.

2. Storing them in a science lab on Lander 2.

3. Taking Science Lander 1 out until Lander 2 unloads (at least 2km).

4. Turning around and landing near Lander 2.

5. Switching control to Lander 2 to check experiment storage.

Each time I do this all of the data I stored in Lander 2 is gone. I tested two or three times to verify that it was reliable. This bug first affected me last night after I installed AGM 1.3.2. Removing AGM causes the problem to dissapear.

Edited by boberts314

If it's worth anything I recently lost all of my experiments from the science lab that was storing them after installing AGM 1.3.2.0 (In fear of losing my experiments, ironically enough). The situation that 5th horseman describes in his bug report did not occur though, so it may be an unrelated incident. The science lab storing the data did get unloaded and then reloaded, but I was in a (different) ship at those times.

I have to recollect those experiments and other experiments I've yet to do, so if this continues I will come back with more information.

Edit: From what I can tell the update may have made the issue worse. What I'm doing:

1. Removing experiments from the instruments and command capsule of Science Lander 1.

2. Storing them in a science lab on Lander 2.

3. Taking Science Lander 1 out until Lander 2 unloads (at least 2km).

4. Turning around and landing near Lander 2.

5. Switching control to Lander 2 to check experiment storage.

Each time I do this all of the data I stored in Lander 2 is gone. I tested two or three times to verify that it was reliable. This bug first affected me last night after I installed AGM 1.3.2. Removing AGM causes the problem to dissapear.

Damn, sorry for that.

I guess the quick fix was not enough, and i need to investigate further and change how i handle vessel change. I will keep you updated.

Again, sorry for that error.

Damn, sorry for that.

I guess the quick fix was not enough, and i need to investigate further and change how i handle vessel change. I will keep you updated.

Again, sorry for that error.

Well, time and debug mode heal all wounds. :P I suppose this is what I get for not backing up my save more frequently. I wish the game would keep like the last 3 quicksaves instead of just the latest one.

Well, time and debug mode heal all wounds. :P I suppose this is what I get for not backing up my save more frequently. I wish the game would keep like the last 3 quicksaves instead of just the latest one.

There was a mod for this purpose, although it eludes me right now ...

Install Kerbal Alarm Clock. It makes lots of backups :)

KACBACKUP20140125194040-quicksave.sfs
KACBACKUP20140125194040-persistent.sfs
KACBACKUP20140128004033-quicksave.sfs
KACBACKUP20140128024403-quicksave.sfs
KACBACKUP20140128005120-quicksave.sfs
KACBACKUP20140128030846-quicksave.sfs
KACBACKUP20140128003749-quicksave.sfs
KACBACKUP20140128010436-quicksave.sfs
KACBACKUP20140128024205-quicksave.sfs
KACBACKUP20140128164842-quicksave.sfs
KACBACKUP20140128023732-quicksave.sfs
KACBACKUP20140128023957-quicksave.sfs
KACBACKUP20140128004033-persistent.sfs
KACBACKUP20140128003749-persistent.sfs
KACBACKUP20140128005120-persistent.sfs
KACBACKUP20140128010436-persistent.sfs
KACBACKUP20140128023732-persistent.sfs
KACBACKUP20140128023957-persistent.sfs
KACBACKUP20140128024205-persistent.sfs
KACBACKUP20140128024403-persistent.sfs
KACBACKUP20140128030846-persistent.sfs
KACBACKUP20140128164842-persistent.sfs
KACBACKUP20140128180530-quicksave.sfs
KACBACKUP20140128180530-persistent.sfs
KACBACKUP20140128182555-quicksave.sfs
KACBACKUP20140128182555-persistent.sfs
KACBACKUP20140129160130-quicksave.sfs
KACBACKUP20140129155814-quicksave.sfs
KACBACKUP20140129155814-persistent.sfs
KACBACKUP20140129160130-persistent.sfs
KACBACKUP20140129164619-quicksave.sfs
KACBACKUP20140129164619-persistent.sfs
KACBACKUP20140130035344-quicksave.sfs
quicksave.sfs
KACBACKUP20140130034854-quicksave.sfs
KACBACKUP20140201063349-quicksave.sfs
KACBACKUP20140130034354-quicksave.sfs
KACBACKUP20140130034354-persistent.sfs
KACBACKUP20140130034854-persistent.sfs
KACBACKUP20140130035344-persistent.sfs
KACBACKUP20140201063349-persistent.sfs
KACJumpToShip.sfs
persistent.sfs

(I realized this AFTER manually fixing the problem the first time I found it)

Anyone experiencing game freezing when piloted vessel is crashed into celestial body? Had such problem till I removed AGM, then it completely disappeared. Vessel was quite a simple probe, BTW, not much parts.

I get lag/freezing if crashing at high speeds but assumed that was just the game. I'll check next time I can

Yup I can confirm AGM is responsible for this. The new 'Manage your action groups with the build in context click.' feature seems to be the issue - AGM looks for the root to add the option to its context menu, but the root has been destroyed so it can;t find it. It gets caught in a loop looking for the root part.

I never use this feature anyway - is it possible to have a version without it, or an option to disable it?

Yup I can confirm AGM is responsible for this. The new 'Manage your action groups with the build in context click.' feature seems to be the issue - AGM looks for the root to add the option to its context menu, but the root has been destroyed so it can;t find it. It gets caught in a loop looking for the root part.

I never use this feature anyway - is it possible to have a version without it, or an option to disable it?

I cannot fix the issue and test it for now, not enough time for it, but you can use an old version (1.2.0.0 can be found on github). The context menu isn't in this one. Just download the toolbar separately or keep the one you're already using.

I will probably have more time in a week or two. And yes, it seems to be the main module placed to give the AGM : enable / disable menu which screw things up. I will remove it completely and put a trigger to activate context editing in an other place.

My apologies again for that.

No problemo - you could set the context editing as a option perhaps?

I'd like to second this request. I never use AGM's context menu feature, so it just adds to the clutter of the context menu. I'd love to have a version without it, or an option to disable it.

That's incredibly odd (although it shouldn't be!) You live in the same county as me! :o

Also, I'm getting this same bug

I'd like to second this request. I never use AGM's context menu feature, so it just adds to the clutter of the context menu. I'd love to have a version without it, or an option to disable it.
No problemo - you could set the context editing as a option perhaps?

That's what i plan to do. Put a button in the main window (like the current "close" "settings" etc ...) to enable context edit. Doing that, i think i can limit the modifications to the code, don't pollute the main pod context menu for people who doesn't want to have context edit, and remove the problem with modules mismatch during reload which cause science experiments to be lost.

Tell me if that solution seems good for you.

I have found a bug with Action Group Manager 1.3.1.0. I have tested this in the stock game (bug does not occur), with Action Group Manager as the ONLY mod installed (bug occurs) and with all the other mods I normally run EXCEPT Action Group Manager (bug does not occur), so I am confident that this is the mod causing the bug.

When I have a command pod filled with experiments and I leave that pod behind with a Kerbal on EVA, and take that Kerbal far enough away that the pod unloads (2.5km or more. In my testing I went 3km away each time to be sure) and come back, ALL stored experiments vanish. This does not occur on short EVAs or when switching ships, only when an EVA'd Kerbal traveling causes the pod to unload from the current physics sphere.

If this happens to anybody else, you CAN recover your science by reloading a quicksave, though you'll of course lose anything from after your quicksave. I saved about 25 experiments (maybe 30 minutes of play time) that I'd lost due to this bug by restoring a before-the-last-landing quicksave and then just redoing the landing.

Can confirm this happened to me on Minmus, had too much fun flying around on the jetpack and lost all my orbital science.

• 2 weeks later...
Well having more than the number of existing action group is possible (in theory at least)....

I'd like to add my name to the list of people that would really love to see a mod that can add more action groups (either using the existing base action group code, or a plugin). I am in the process of building a simpit for ksp... all my work will be for nothing if I can't assign functions to all the switches! A cockpit with 20 buttons would be rubbish :)

Finished the first panel and alreay have more switches than I can actually asign with the current limited groups :/

q0NicyR.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.