The Grand 0.23 Discussion Thread

SQUAD

Just experienced weird behavior of the RAPIER engines while ascent to orbit. When in automatic mode, they seem to sometimes switch from vacuum to atmospheric mode and back again on a whim. Anyone else experience this? What's going on, or did I do something wrong with the intake setup?

All my mods broke. Now I have to wait for them to be fixed before I throw up the laboratory station I just designed and send it to Duna, because I can't dock without mechjeb.

May I humbly suggest that this may be a good time to learn to do orbital redezvous and dock? Lots of good youtube tutorials out there

Whenever I try to download from the KSP website, i get a blank page with this message on it:

Warning: mysql_connect(): Too many connections in /host/www.kerbalspaceprogram.com/htdocs/lib/database.php on line 4

MySQL connect failed. Too many connections

GOSH DARN IT TOO MANY PEOPLE DOWNLOADING AT ONCE!

Thanks SQUAD!! I downloaded it 3 minutes after it was on the ksp site. downloaded in under 2 minutes! \0/

No problems here with downloading luckily! Good luck to the ones who dont have it!

I`m gonna play now because this was the thing what i was waiting for the whole day (Sure that i wasnt the only one!)

I hear engineer redux doesnt work.

It's working for me. *shrug*

Edit: It's not working in VAB, but is working otherwise.

Further edit: While the orbit info works, trying to use any other tab makes the GUI vanish. :/

Edited by ArmchairGravy
Clarification

First thing I did was build 2 SSTO's, its.. quite easy with the Rapier.. :)

As for the switching back & forth thing, set the air intakes to an action group, that cuts them off, they switch to vacuum mode + reduces drag. :)

I don't like the way the control surfaces work now, they are very slow and dulled compared to how beautifully responsive they were before.

I liked the snappy response better too, but I guess this makes it easier to control?

My fps has dropped around 80%. Im getting 20fps in kerbin with a <20part ship...

Having the surface of kerbin in view does this to me, turning the camera skywards, and the FPS is all good.

I turned the graphics down even lower, see if that fixes it.. :)

Edited by AlexanderB

The patcher never works for major releases. Hotfixes, yes. But otherwise, it's easier to do a full download.

Patcher worked for me.

Has it always been the case that a Kerbonaut on EVA is running if I press Shift + W ? (instead of just walking with W alone)

This does depend on the gravity of the world you are on, but yes :)

Dang, there have been so many situations in the past where this knowledge had been very handy.

But, well, I guess my Kerbonauts in the future will get much faster back to their ship, if they´re running out of jetpack fuel :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.