[WIP][0.90?] PlanetFactory CE

Kragrathea

I cant alter the radius of a body using either methods. In fact, i think it isnt working for Barney either (its meant to be 14000 km but is only 6000 km). Is this a bug i can expect or is it just me?

EDIT: Turns out i just wasnt running the "create scaled" command, and it just looked like the radius didnt change. I am not a smart man.

Edited by jesusHERCULESchrist

It's the most exciting mod i have ever got. thanks so much for this.

but i have a little question :

I want to add a new ring planet like sentar around kerbol.

So, I create a new folder withe name "URANIA" :rolleyes:

and put this cfg :

PFBody

{

name=Urania

templateName=Jool

flightGlobalsIndex=720

}

CelestialBody

{

bodyDescription=Urania

GeeASL= 0.0112500333786

}

Orbit

{

inclination = 2.0

eccentricity = 0.01

semiMajorAxis = 100000000000

LAN = 0

argumentOfPeriapsis = 0

meanAnomalyAtEpoch = 0

epoch = 0

referenceBody = Sun

}

I also add all the sentar png with names changed for getting ring around my new planet, but if i well get my new planet, i unfortunnatly don't get the ring around it ;.;

I don't forget to put the "Urania_ring.png" in the same forlder and all ! So how do you create a new planet with sentar's ring like ?

Thanks so much again, it's totally georgous creating new worlds like this...

(P.S : i'm french, so excuse my pity english :sealed:)

Sid

Edited by Sido

I cant alter the radius of a body using either methods. In fact, i think it isnt working for Barney either (its meant to be 14000 km but is only 6000 km). Is this a bug i can expect or is it just me?

In the case of Barney the cfg looks like this:

CelestialBody
{
bodyDescription=Barney
//GeeASL=0.66
//Radius=14000
rotates=True
...etc

The // means that line is commented out and has no effect. So Barney winds up being the same size as its template Tylo.

Rings are not yet supported in CFG planets. Next version.

Thanks for your answer !

it would be excellent, once you put the rings gestion, to configurate the color of the line orbit when you look at your planet in orbit view.

What does it look like on the corners of that moon?

Don't know. Its never been landed on. And only crashed into twice! (don't worry it buffed right out).

But if I had to guess I would say "pointy".

Edited by Kragrathea

What does it look like on the corners of that moon?

I finally landed on it and it was really underwhelming. I am going to recall the system and make it asteroid size. And add a Fortress of Solitude Mountain Range at the north pole. <--One of these statements is not true.

Would it be possible for you, Krag, to make a mun for Eelio that has atmosphere only during part of the system's orbital cycle? so when it is closest to the sun, it has an atmosphere, and farthest from the sun there is no atmosphere.

How about an asteroid with a hole through it? I dunno how the game engine would handle that tho. Maybe just an europa(icy moon) analouge. Even if eeloo already is kindof an europa analouge. Maybe just a new tiny asteroid like gilly. I like those

Other ideas not related to eeloo:

Or an even more extreme laythe-like waterworld with no land at all. Other ideas: lavaworld. Green eve-like world (radioactive). A huge barren world (1200km+) with a thin atmosphere. A small duna like world with a thicker atmosphere. An asteroid with a thin atmosphere. A tiny asteroid with very unrealistic jagged terrain (think armageddon)

Iwe also had a look at the alternis kerbol mod. In regards to the science arcives it dont break it but the archive dont seem to collect info from the ingame planets since they show as unaltered and not even in the order they appear in the alternis mod. In other words the planets that appear in the science archives always show up as stock. I dunno why pf breaks it but not alternis but planets probably need to be injected into the list used by the science archives seperatly from the pqs system.

Edited by landeTLS

Any way you could make a ringworld like Halo?

Not for the moment.

Actually you can't put a ring on a config planet or moon.

but you can do a lot of other things, for exemple i made a terraformed mars planet named Ares around a gazed giant named Urania

AnZlvZf.jpg

View marineris valley from phobos :

s0jPppq.jpg

And a double twin moon : Hermès (the orange one) and Hestia (the green one, a little smallest)

4Iu9nok.jpg

DTJ2Yc0.jpg

jlASrjZ.png

Kjonuxn.jpg

View from Hestia ground of her twin sister, of urania, Arès and her two moons :love:

uK5BrLi.png

the little things i would need for a really terrific mod are :

- ring edition

- atmospheric color edition

- ocean color edition

with this, you could have the most impressive planet mod of KSP

(scuze my pity english, i'm french)

Sido

Really interesting projects in this thread ... ! I wonder when mods (or 'official' devs) will crack the mysteries on how to implement multiple solar system. Right now this seems to be impossible to implement due to lighting-effects and (I might have this one wrong) the fact Kerbol is the source of a certain root-system as far as coding and programming concerns.

Not for the moment.

Actually you can't put a ring on a config planet or moon.

but you can do a lot of other things, for exemple i made a terraformed mars planet named Ares around a gazed giant named Urania

http://i.imgur.com/AnZlvZf.jpg

View marineris valley from phobos :

http://i.imgur.com/s0jPppq.jpg

And a double twin moon : Hermès (the orange one) and Hestia (the green one, a little smallest)

http://i.imgur.com/4Iu9nok.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/DTJ2Yc0.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/jlASrjZ.png

http://i.imgur.com/Kjonuxn.jpg

View from Hestia ground of her twin sister, of urania, Arès and her two moons :love:

http://i.imgur.com/uK5BrLi.png

the little things i would need for a really terrific mod are :

- ring edition

- atmospheric color edition

- ocean color edition

with this, you could have the most impressive planet mod of KSP

(scuze my pity english, i'm french)

Sido

I like those planets you made there. We should really have some list on the op where ppl can share their planets.

Recently a sent a probe to sentar and heres some aerobraking tips

Sentar 100km skelton 55Km erin 27km just in case you need to aerobrake

Also i tried custom textures and heres my problem

I name a body Joon and when i try to add a texture the name is Joon_color and its not showing up? What should i do the debug logs are not being helpful

Edited by Dooz

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.