10 cool facts about space

Clockwork13

What a load of rubbish.

Thank you.

I personally don't know why you felt like posting that would be so important. No offence.

But if you are that negative about it, at least give a reason why.

Here's a starter:

Carbon planet

Don't rely on the wiki. Keep in mind that the Wikipedia has a lot of fake content due to the fact that anyone can edit it.

Don't rely on the wiki. Keep in mind that the Wikipedia has a lot of fake content due to the fact that anyone can edit it.

The fact that anyone can edit is what makes it accurate. You can say complete lies, but it get's fixed within minutes.

You still haven't provided a source for your claims though.

Which means that point is valid. Intelligent life, though, is a different story.

No, it isn't valid. You can't be 100% sure of anything. As I'm typing now, I don't even know whether you are still alive. It's just extremely probable.

Thank you.

I personally don't know why you felt like posting that would be so important. No offence.

I personally don't know why you felt like posting those silly claims would be so important. Why didn't you provide some references.

But if you are that negative about it, at least give a reason why.

You are the one making the silly claims from stuff you seem to have misread on the internet. It's up to you to provide evidence. For example: documented instances where NASA has lied or what you mean by "like Earth".

I had to look up the Black Knight thing, as it was the first time I ever heard of that hoax. The few references that I did find were just stupid conjecture and a mish-mash of perfectly explainable anecdotes that have no link between them.

That is true for controversial subjects, but most scientific stuff is quite accurate. Remember that if someone makes mistakes or uploads fake content, they are usually corrected. If they do it too often, they get banned.

9. The star VY Canor Majoris is a billion times bigger than the sun.

It's actually 12 billlion times the volume of the sun. But I used Wikipedia as a source (they are probably lying) and an open source calculator (everyone can change the code!). And can you belive it? They also insist that it's called VY Canis Majoris! Fools!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.