[0.90] Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System v4.13

helldiver

After reviewing your stream, I think there's a problem. On the thrust indicator panel, the third row of gauges say "CYRO". Should this be "CRYO", or am I missing something? (See the latest stream at 02:02:56 to see it)

Thank you! it's been fixed now :D

i like the texture and after watching the stream replay all i can think of is NRE errors

Null Reference Exceptions. And it's why we can't release the mod until those are gone. Fortunately we think we've identified what's causing that one.

Null Reference Exceptions. And it's why we can't release the mod until those are gone. Fortunately we think we've identified what's causing that one.

thats good to know what do you think it is?

So what happens to the Kennedy space center

... the Kennedy space center is still very active, its the launch site of all non polar/retrograde orbit satellites in the US, except for Antares rocket launches. The VAB at Kennedy is being re-purposed for the SLS. NASA still very much has a budget, just less of one than it did in the Reagan era. Thats what the comment you read meant.

LOL, theres a reason they called it the "death shuttle"

Also, all I'm imagining now is bob trying to open a hatch being blocked by a satellite so he can get his snacks

Edited by gooddog15

Helldriver, how do the collision meshes for your models look like. I found that I was able to really reduce the performance hit of my models by using the simplest possible custom made collision meshes. Maybe this is an option to further boost the performance for these guys' space stations.

Using the main part as collider typically gives you a far too complex mesh.

Maybe you do this already. Just a thought.

The Super 25 should fit on either side of that station...

That's good to hear thanks, the idea is to have the payload tilt out of the cargo bay (using IR hinge and piston) and then have the sst pick it up and transfer it to a transport ship.

That's good to hear thanks, the idea is to have the payload tilt out of the cargo bay (using IR hinge and piston) and then have the sst pick it up and transfer it to a transport ship.

Just by looking at it... it should fit, but have a plan if it doesnt, just incase.

Helldriver, how do the collision meshes for your models look like. I found that I was able to really reduce the performance hit of my models by using the simplest possible custom made collision meshes. Maybe this is an option to further boost the performance for these guys' space stations.

Using the main part as collider typically gives you a far too complex mesh.

Maybe you do this already. Just a thought.

From what I remember when he was streaming the model creation, places where he expects people will surface attach things (the hull of the shuttle, the EFT and parts of the boosters) he tries to make it as close to the visual model as possible, and in other places he doesnt follow the model so closely.

Just by looking at it... it should fit, but have a plan if it doesnt, just incase.

I do, I have 2 versions of the square truss section welded just in case, the one in the screenshots is the smallest version.

I do, I have 2 versions of the square truss section welded just in case, the one in the screenshots is the smallest version.

Or..., you can use a robtic arm to deploy the part.

I've been doing that for a while and it's a great way building space stations.

While it not may be the fastest way, i kinda like it.

Or..., you can use a robtic arm to deploy the part.

I've been doing that for a while and it's a great way building space stations.

While it not may be the fastest way, i kinda like it.

I've considered that but when I tried out the robotic arms I found out I'm horrible at controling them :D. In one of my first test builds of the station it had a port for a robotic arm.