[0.90][Plugin/WIP][Discontinued indefinitely] KittopiaTech Ingame Terraforming Tools V0.192

KCreator

I have a question; would it be at all possible to make a lighting fix? By that I mean so that a planet in another solar system isn't still being lit up by the sun, and planets like Kerbin aren't being lit up by other solar systems added?

I have a question; would it be at all possible to make a lighting fix? By that I mean so that a planet in another solar system isn't still being lit up by the sun, and planets like Kerbin aren't being lit up by other solar systems added?

I will see if I can improve the "StarFix", those bugs are strange and unintended.

I'm having a little problem, my moon's SOI is 599km but i want it to be 1,500km, I have tried to change it using this mod but every time I reload the game I have to do it again, how do i fix this?

Silly question: Are you 'saving' the data? If so, I will see if I can force it to override regardless of other settings.

Nice! One question though: Is it possible to make the comet tails look like this?

Possibly by increasing size and particle density, but I'm not sure. NovaSilisko's comet uses a model, and I am using a particle emitter...

This little "spoiler" should peak your interests:

-snip-

When I get the last few parts of this done, I will upload it. And yes, the tails face away from the Sun at all times!

You peaked my interest too much and my head started hurting.

Ill tweak the config loader to prioritise the SOI value, next release *should* allow for what you want.

Anyway, I hope my sudden change to the colour window isn't confusing, I think it made the UI 10x easier to use. And are the particle systems working as intended? I might try using the technique I used for them to add particle based "Volumetrics" to the rings. Though it would probably cause problems for ring textures with pre-existing colour gradients.

And are the particle systems working as intended?

ldIg1Yu.png

Yes.

Could you distribute the .cfg you used to make your sun look like that? I couldn't get anywhere near it.

Edit: How did you get your particles looking all blurry on the edges? Mine are solid, does it have something to do with the Alpha in RGBA?

http://i.imgur.com/ldIg1Yu.png

Yes.

Could you distribute the .cfg you used to make your sun look like that? I couldn't get anywhere near it.

Edit: How did you get your particles looking all blurry on the edges? Mine are solid, does it have something to do with the Alpha in RGBA?

1) Sure, Ill have it up ASAP.

2) I think I changed the default texture from what was used in the screenshots, try creating a custom texture, with more of a blurred edge. And copy it to KittopiaSpace/Textures/<planetName>/Particle.png

edit: Ill change the default particle texture to a better one.

Edited by KCreator

Hi Kcreator, great set of tools you've made so far. I have been messing around with PF:CE, RSS, your tools and some of my own code in order to create a large system which has multiple star systems to explore. I however ran into an issue and I was hoping you might know in which direction to look. When you place planets around a new star (in my case I placed all the standard planets around a new Kerbol, which in itself is placed around the glactic central point (modified sun)), the planets will still have their "day side atmosphere" pointing towards the old "sun" which will result in a coloured sky during night and a black sky during day. Do you happen to know what dictates the angle the day side is pointing at? I've been messing around with the AtmosphereFromGround components to no avail.

As it so happens, I do. There is a "target" keyvalue that looks for a transform, I will implement a recursive check on all orbiting bodies to try to fix this. I will have this up today/tomorrow.

edit: Hopefully the fix works, but I'm not sure how well it would go with bodies that have had their orbits modified without PSystem.children updates, though.

Edited by KCreator

Hi Kcreator, thanks for the response :D I tried your new assembled code but your new functions didnt seem to work in my case, allthough that might be due to the target being a PF:CE sun. I tried modyfing the paramaters in my own code and it worked like a charm. Which leads me to ask, how on Kerbal's name did you know it was the MaterialSetDirection.target and AtmosphereFromGound.sunLight? Apart from information on how parts work there seems to be little to no information to be found about the rest of the game structure.

Hi Kcreator, thanks for the response :D I tried your new assembled code but your new functions didnt seem to work in my case, allthough that might be due to the target being a PF:CE sun. I tried modyfing the paramaters in my own code and it worked like a charm. Which leads me to ask, how on Kerbal's name did you know it was the MaterialSetDirection.target and AtmosphereFromGound.sunLight? Apart from information on how parts work there seems to be little to no information to be found about the rest of the game structure.

Good to know that it works, mind telling me what you modified, so I can try fixing it in the master plugin?

And, to find that info: It took trail and error, time, and a whole heap of fancy reflection magic! I wish the functions and components were more documented, or debug-able, but experimentation was good enough for me.

On a side note, a good friend of mine has recently started to prove me wrong, and instantiated a planet based on Eve ingame. Who knows what the future holds for this.

Hi Kcreator, I originally got it to work by directly setting the planet's Celestialbody.gameObject.GetComponentInChildren<MaterialSetDirection>().target to the Sun.transform of the new star, and the planet's Celestialbody.gameObject.GetComponentInChildren<AtmosphereFromGround>().sunlight to the sun.gameObject of the new star. So i'm not entirely sure what goes wrong in your code, as it seems to do the same thing. I did eventually come up with a completely different way of handling additional stars. Since there should only be one star active at anytime anyway, instead of creating new sun and flare components and adding them to the stars I simply do a calculation to see which is currently the closest star and set Sun.instance.sun to the celestialbody of that closest sun. Works like a charm and saves a lot of hassel with handling the different parameters. As for my mod, it is currently capable of instantiating new Stars (got it to work by spitting through Krag's PF:CE code), moving the standard planets to one of those stars, modifying the standard Sun and handling the Starlight. Let me know if you're interested in any of my code. As for your friend's modified instantiated Eve, that sounds cool. I've only instantiated minmus and the sun so far, and only messed with their basic parameters, haven't gotten around to start messing with the PQS attributes.

ps. Have you tried instantiating the main sun component? If your game doesn't crash it makes for some very trippy atmospheric effects (which makes me really wonder how the game handles some elements).

lol, look what I posted two days ago: http://imgur.com/a/DOiHw#0

Darn, beaten to the punch! Nice job! Did you override the sun shader, either figuring out how it works or disabling it? I only modified the flare colour, so my "hack" still looks yellow at close range.

edit: Released the new version, custom flare colours work, but for custom light, the cfg needs to be edited. Old stars require you to delete the contents of StarFix.cfg and replace it with a blank node ({}).

Edited by KCreator

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by OvenProofMars viewpost-right.png

lol, look what I posted two days ago: http://imgur.com/a/DOiHw#0

Darn, beaten to the punch! Nice job! Did you override the sun shader, either figuring out how it works or disabling it? I only modified the flare colour, so my "hack" still looks yellow at close range.

edit: Released the new version, custom flare colours work, but for custom light, the cfg needs to be edited. Old stars require you to delete the contents of StarFix.cfg and replace it with a blank node ({}).

I figured out how the original shader works, so I'm passing new arguments to it to change the sun's color. I also imported some new textures for the coronas and changed the sunflare color.

I cannot seem to figure out that shader, its parameters are not particularly obvious. I did try messing with the curve parameters in the SunShaderController component, hoping that its native access to the shader would help. But that did nothing. I am tempted to abandon full star colour editing, and just leave it as flare and light colours...

Anyway: I will probably abandon the legacy Starfix file in favour of the individual cfg's, I will also attempt a "mechjeb-style" map view targeting system for vector inputs, and possibly add a help box feature.

User documentation of all the PQS mods inbound :D

Lastly: I issue a little challenge: Come up with the best configurations for terraformed planets, these will be used as the "end result" of terraforming as I will begin planning the career-friendly terraforming parts side of the plugin.