[WIP - 0.25] Squad HD Re-texture Project - Continuous Release (July 25)

blackheart612

I asked because I use gimp and looking at that latest texture there one tiny thing I would change. If you look into using vector paths for painting some things you can make those short lines around the outside look smoother. The way it looks right now is as if you followed the UVs. I know I'm nitpicking and it's not even going to be visible when the engine is attached, but paths are a good technique anyway.

I asked because I use gimp and looking at that latest texture there one tiny thing I would change. If you look into using vector paths for painting some things you can make those short lines around the outside look smoother. The way it looks right now is as if you followed the UVs. I know I'm nitpicking and it's not even going to be visible when the engine is attached, but paths are a good technique anyway.

Can you explain that a little bit more for a layperson like me? :P

Just wanted to say I like your work so far. Wish my own texturing skills were this good already. :P

Dude, I love your work. Back when it was still RadishPod XDDDD

Dude, I love your work. Back when it was still RadishPod XDDDD

HAHAHA oh man, sometimes I see pics of the original and I just shake my head.

You have a good eye for detail and color. And most importantly you work at a great pace. Keep it up!

HAHAHA oh man, sometimes I see pics of the original and I just shake my head.

You have a good eye for detail and color. And most importantly you work at a great pace. Keep it up!

I rather like the Radish and Spud pods. Was hoping you would continue this line.

You're going to hate me for asking this, but have you gotten around to the fairings yet?

http://nooooooooooooooo.com/ , If I everybody is so eager and I am not that ADHD prone, I can release the engine textures first. Though I still don't hate you :P

Where do I use this technique for, kip? I'm sorry, I'm a bit... dumb. XD

I love this - it lloks great.

Sorry if I am being a bit thick - but is there a download available yet?

Lots of people ask that D: (None at this moment :( )

Where do I use this technique for, kip? I'm sorry, I'm a bit... dumb. XD

On the very top of your engines there are some short dashed lines arranged in a circle. You can use it there, but really you can use it wherever you need mathematically perfect curves.

I dont see where it is imperfect. I use the perfectly circle 100% hardness brush on PS with a slightly smaller one. Now I select the big one and deselect the part of the smaller circle. So they are really perfect. Can you point out what part of it is imperfect?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.