[WIP - 0.25] Squad HD Re-texture Project - Continuous Release (July 25)

blackheart612

Do you know why I don't like it? not the work itself... you do a nice job... but because is... mmmh... is not aggressive enough--> :mad:

That's the Mainsail! give him the right aggressiveness! :)

How do you make an engine more aggressive? Tone it darker?

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know if this has been mentioned before but the reason KW looks so good is in part because the artist baked AO into the textures. Doing this would require something that's possibly legally dubious, so I'm not sure. I'd be cool if you looked into the possibility of importing Squad models only to bake an AO map, which you can then burn into your colour map.

I don't know if this has been mentioned before but the reason KW looks so good is in part because the artist baked AO into the textures. Doing this would require something that's possibly legally dubious, so I'm not sure. I'd be cool if you looked into the possibility of importing Squad models only to bake an AO map, which you can then burn into your colour map.

Please forgive men, but what is AO? :)

These all look very nice so far, especially the Mainsail. I always thought of it as the F-1 analogue and that's what it looks like. Will you be changing the Skipper? Personally, I really like the texture for it already, but it's sort of the J-2 analogue so that would be neat. :)

Edited by Woopert

Please forgive men, but what is AO? :)

These all look very nice so far, especially the Mainsail. I always thought of it as the F-1 analogue and that's what it looks like. Will you be changing the Skipper? Personally, I really like the texture for it already, but it's sort of the J-2 analogue so that would be neat. :)

AO maps are Ambient occlusion maps, the once with really awesome shadowing, looks like awesome 3D.

Yes, I will be texturing everything. This includes skipper, after LV-T30, I'll texture skipper then. I am actually excited to texture it because it looks cool.

Looks very good, though put arrows on the fuel lines, not having them would be kinda annoying.

Sure, thank you, I'll add it. :)

Also, AO maps are less likely, I mean I can but I don't know how to rip off .mu files yet nor to make AO maps.

Edited by blackheart612

How about this? Make the main chamber and the bottom part of the nozzle, under the bottom rim, a dark gray. That might make it more diverse.

I really don't feel the nozzle color itself. I wanted to make a viking-like engine with adding any maps and failed horribly. The main chamber there was just a scratch btw, I filled it up with gray. :P

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.