[WIP - 0.25] Squad HD Re-texture Project - Continuous Release (July 25)

blackheart612

Hey, easy a bit ;) what I meant to say is that 'double-sizing' textures (ex: 1024x1024 to 2048x2048) actually quadruples the size of the textures. Of course I do not want a 16x texture size increase :P

Hope this clears things up a bit :)

Phew, I was worried for a second, there.

So I tried with the poodle and an early humdrum stealing of texture from the Orion in Chaka Monkey Space Exploration for the Mk 1-2

Here's the result:

https://i.imgur.com/dlWXCZY.png

https://i.imgur.com/J0aKAY7.png

Edit: Whoops, just realized I doubled posted >.> Dammit, didn't see my early post

That looks very nice, actually. I feel like it needs more detail on the combustion chamber, and possibly also the bell, but it looks great for a rough draft.

Edit, Kombobulus Modular Station? ._. W-What is that? Is that w-wha- I d- nevermind.

I'll try using Firespitter texture changer (b'_')b thank you

That's a big project I am working on. I also see you are using my "Kerpton" textures, which I allowed ChakaMonkey to use in his mod. Strange to see my textures spreading everywhere.

Yeah, I made a stretchy texture using your texture which I saw in Chaka Monkey so named it like that because it has its own thread. Thank you for the great re-tex

b

^ that was supposed to be a thumb

Nozzle rings can be easily disabled but I'd stick with those ribs for now since it looks quite plain without it.

Edit: Here's a draft for the LV T45. It has no bump maps so makes me sad. It's gonna be pure texturing.

GVTZSSF.png

Edited by blackheart612

That's a big project I am working on. I also see you are using my "Kerpton" textures, which I allowed ChakaMonkey to use in his mod. Strange to see my textures spreading everywhere.

Nothke, how many projects are you working on? FlexRack, the Kerpton thingy, Particle Overhaul, and Kerbin City. Are you working on more things than that?

Yeah, I made a stretchy texture using your texture which I saw in Chaka Monkey so named it like that because it has its own thread. Thank you for the great re-tex

b

^ that was supposed to be a thumb

Nozzle rings can be easily disabled but I'd stick with those ribs for now since it looks quite plain without it.

Edit: Here's a draft for the LV T45. It has no bump maps so makes me sad. It's gonna be pure texturing.

http://i.imgur.com/GVTZSSF.png

I'd say darken the combustion chamber. It could use some darkening.

EDIT: Ooops, doublepost.

I thought it was too light, too. I'm still finding colors that will match the other colors atm. lol

Meanwhile, I really want to try out flexrack and obviously, nothke works more than he shows because he has hidden the tps pack he said he was making for DR or something like that. :P

@blackheart612 I got the Firespitter plugin and got the Texture changer to come up on all parts but, I must have the texture path wrong or something it's not changing the texture did you get it to work ? or is there a easy way to change the texture on something ?

Edit if you want,I can post it on you other thread hehe.

But yes, I did was more for your StretchySRB Texture Pack | KW Procedural Fairings thread.

Edited by Mecripp2

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.