what are we expecting in 0.24?

lammatt

this is NOT a question of WHEN (in case the mod misread and block me, i bother to CAP the words NOT WHEN)

==========================================================================

i missed the twitch sessions and i cant bother to go thru them,

so if anyone is kind enough to enlighten me, please.

Are we getting more biomes in 0.24? Duna is a bit overdue.

This. It may not be something specifically mentioned, but it's something that really ought to happen. Especially if other career re-balancing and addition of contracts occurs.

Sauce? I had never heard of those two features.

I dunno about the first, but the second feature was mentioned on one of the live streams on twitch.tv. It should still be archived there and I believe it was mentioned during the pre recorded interview with harvester some weeks ago.

Sauce? I had never heard of those two features.

Sauce? What is that supposed to mean? The smarter conics drawing was mentioned in a Squadcast sometime before Feb. 10th, Harvester said it would switch to mode 0 in certain cases, I would assume when you focused on the body with the next intercept. The maneuver node editing was mentioned more recently in regards to actually performing an intercept with an asteroid, although I could be dreaming and it was actually SQUAD sanely switching over to using doubles instead of floats.

I'm unsure if asteroids are being added into 0.24 itself, or if they are only in the NASA mission pack. Of course, if it is the latter, it begs the question that perhaps asteroids will be added into later versions of the game.

they said .24 is required for the nasa mission pack, so, its a safe bet that the nasa pack comes between .24 coming out and .25.

Smarter as in actually using draw mode 0 when appropriate, like when you're focused on a planet trying to refine your intercept periapsis or maybe seeing if Ike is once again going to mess up your approach.

Blackjack and hookers

I'll make my own Mun base!

But really. I expect asteroids, and some sort of grappler system. And improved joints. I also expect we'll get some more biomes. Maybe Duna and Ike or Eve, Gilly and Moho. And hopefully a reworking of science so all these new points won't be going in to the same tree that is already too easy to unlock.

Oh and I wouldn't be surprised if the science lab gets an IVA.

I am honestly really interested how the biome creation process works - it must be either quite difficult and tedious or Squad wants to hold back things to have "something new" in an update?

Also I lost track of the changes to planets and moons, are they final already or can we expect changes like the reworking of Mun (still to dark for my taste! :P:wink: )?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.