[1.4.1] KerbTrack v1.5: Head tracking using your webcam, TrackIR, Oculus Rift, joystick (2018-03-14)

pizzaoverhead

It's still not able to find your FreeTrackClient.dll. You can try copying it to here instead:

C:/Games/Squad/ksp-win64-0-24-2/KSP_win64/KSP_x64_Data/Mono/FreeTrackClient

I have tried copying the file to that address along with the \Launcher_Data\Mono folder, the Windows\System32 folder as you suggested in your private message and the Kerbtrack folder in gamedata. Putting it everywhere I can think of and still nothing happens when I go IVA.

I have kerbtrack enabled with the sensitivity hightened, the mod installed into the gamedata folder and freetrack running smoothly in the background.

Output_log.txt

I have tried copying the file to that address along with the \Launcher_Data\Mono folder, the Windows\System32 folder as you suggested in your private message and the Kerbtrack folder in gamedata. Putting it everywhere I can think of and still nothing happens when I go IVA.

I have kerbtrack enabled with the sensitivity hightened, the mod installed into the gamedata folder and freetrack running smoothly in the background.

Output_log.txt

Try Windows/SysWOW64 too. Have you tried testing with KSP 32-bit?

Try Windows/SysWOW64 too. Have you tried testing with KSP 32-bit?

Didn't work. :/

I haven't tried 32bit, no. It would eat up to much of my internet downloads quota to download it.

Is Kerbtrack incompatible with 64bit KSP? Or maybe it has something to do with windows 8??

Here's my info again if it means anything:

• CPU: Intel® Core i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz (8)
  • RAM: 8049
  • GPU: Intel® HD Graphics 4000 (912MB)
  • SM: 30 (Direct3D 9.0c [nvumdshimx.dll 9.18.13.3523])

Haha Sorry for all this. I don't mean to bug you.

No worries.

The FreeTrackClient.dll is built for x86, so x64 KSP has difficulties with it. There's a 64-bit build of the DLL available here that should work. Make sure to rename it to "FreeTrackClient.dll".

I'll have a new release soon that deals with the 64-bit issues and adds medsouz's TrackIR 5 support.

this looks amazing, but I was wondering if there's any chance Oculus could be supported? I know it's a completely different API, but it's supposed to be very easy to implement, and given you already have the KSP view control side working well, shouldn't it be very quick to implement?

I plan on checking out the source code next I can and see if I can't figure out how to do it myself; I have experience with C#, but less so with Unity and KSP plugins.

I can't quite afford that, but I could afford to chip in a fair bit if it would help make it a reality xD. The SDK, source, and tools are all available without the oculus, and I am positive people would be willing to give detailed test reports, myself included (soon as my rift gets to me....)

I checked out and I am not sure if I will be able to implement it in any kind of reasonable time. Unity is quite the different beast from the C# work with winforms and servers that I'm used to, and learning APIs is my weak point...

Anywho, maybe we should start a 'get medsouz an Oculus' fund. A kickstarter would totally work, lol.

Edited by dreadicon

Sweet! I'll find the oculus threads and link them to your post; I was expecting this to take weeks or months, but a prototype in hours?! Now I'm going to have to fidget for 6 weeks+ waiting for my Oculus to ship.....

I'll do what I can to help in the mean time; you, sirs, are awesome! pizza, medsouz, and especially FeepingCreature!

Really, most of the work was in figuring out that I needed a C stub to communicate with the Oculus lib. The actual interface was nigh-trivial, good work on the abstraction @pizza. (Also: could you add a "reset orientation" function/key to the ITracker interface?) The Oculus SDK really makes this task easy. And all the hard graphics stuff is handled by VorpX.

Now the next big step up would be getting the plugin to render KSP via the Oculus SDK completely so we can do away with the dependence on VorpX. But somebody more experienced with Unity will have to do that one.

No worries.

The FreeTrackClient.dll is built for x86, so x64 KSP has difficulties with it. There's a 64-bit build of the DLL available here that should work. Make sure to rename it to "FreeTrackClient.dll".

I'll have a new release soon that deals with the 64-bit issues and adds medsouz's TrackIR 5 support.

Ok cool. I'm not going to be home for a few days but I'll test it when I get home. :)

Holy crap on a stick! Track IR in KSP! I want to have your babies, Pizzaoverhead! This is beyond awesome! I was also pleasantly surprised to see how complete the IVA cockpits are, given that 6DOF was never the devs intention. Way too cool! :cool:

Edited by Voculus
English, mofo! Do you speak it?!

I'm afraid something is broken with TrackIR here. I deleted the old KerbTrack folder, and installed v1.0 for the x64 client. I then downloaded Stilton and Medsouz's dll, but there was no Plugins folder, which I had to make. This leaves me with a (to my non-modder eyes) a very odd folder structure. There's no menu that pops up when paused, and nothing will show up in the log. It seems like it's never starting at all.

I ended up getting it working through some guesswork and dumb luck. My folder structure under Game Data looks like this:

Folder.png?psid=1

I ended up extracting the whole of Stilton and Medsouz's file, and deleting what appeared to be an extra KerbTrack folder buried within the original release. Hope that makes sense.

Edited by Voculus

One last thing, and I'm sorry to be a bother - is that when head tracking with TrackIR is enabled, the KerbQuake effects stop. Once turned off, the shaking returns. I only had a chance to use the last release prior to 1.0 for only a little while, and don't recall whether or not that was also the case then.

Just tried to make this work with my Oculus DK2 after seeing Dahud's stream last night : http://www.twitch.tv/ksptv/b/567989238

I tried with Vireio Perception 2.0.4 Alpha (Free) but no luck, this makes KSP crash upon start :(

I hesitate to put the 30€ in vorpX beta drivers, I guess I will wait another implementation method.

Can this be implemented by a mod actually ? I haven't read oculus SDK yet.

Anyway TrackIR support already adds a lot to IVA immersion, for now.

If anyone succeed injecting oculus in KSP via Vireio injector let me know please ;)

I'm afraid something is broken with TrackIR here. I deleted the old KerbTrack folder, and installed v1.0 for the x64 client. I then downloaded Stilton and Medsouz's dll, but there was no Plugins folder, which I had to make. This leaves me with a (to my non-modder eyes) a very odd folder structure. There's no menu that pops up when paused, and nothing will show up in the log. It seems like it's never starting at all.

I ended up getting it working through some guesswork and dumb luck. My folder structure under Game Data looks like this:

https://4q2bdq.bn1.livefilestore.com/y2pRb66PaiVPkSgbG66mzKtWAj5U98ZN3fpP8Pu7vP8FRDaBJ2FGs9dpHe3_qBaYr5aIXlkWLxR--03zLYMcNJvAq8df7d9jjocqcHt-A-PHXU/Folder.png?psid=1

I ended up extracting the whole of Stilton and Medsouz's file, and deleting what appeared to be an extra KerbTrack folder buried within the original release. Hope that makes sense.

The extra KerbTrack folder is generated by the stock cfg node saver. I agree that it is a bit odd looking.

One last thing, and I'm sorry to be a bother - is that when head tracking with TrackIR is enabled, the KerbQuake effects stop. Once turned off, the shaking returns. I only had a chance to use the last release prior to 1.0 for only a little while, and don't recall whether or not that was also the case then.

KerbTrack and KerbQuake are both trying to set the camera to what they calculate the position to be. There would need to be some specific integration to make them work together. Seeing as KerbQuake is now supported, and KerbTrack has all the necessary groundwork for camera positioning done, I may look into making my own version of it in future.

I was thinking that this might work with ForceIVA's Kerbal first person feature.

It did.

Glad to hear it! That's a double-win for immersion!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.