A little Jool texture I'm working on [RELEASED!]

Felsmak

Great, but can you maybe save it in PNG instead of jpg? Quality is much better that way...

(And of course I mean, export your original as PNG from GIMP/PhotoShop - whatever you were working with -, and not just saving your jpg as PNG :cool:)

Hmm... I did save it as a PNG. I did some Googling, however, and apparently Imgur converts large PNGs into JPGs. I guess I'll have to zip it and find another host, then.

EDIT: There! Now I've changed the link on the front page.

Edited by Felsmak

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Oh, look who [the thread] came back from the dead! And thank you, Overfloater! That's a shame, though. It would've been nice to see it in a video.

Really good looking Jool. What folder do i inser it in game files?

Thanks! You can't do that in the stock game, though - assuming that's what you're asking. You need a texture replacement mod such as Universe Replacer. And then you just go to the mod's folder, find the appropriate file and dump the texture there.

• 3 months later...

Hmm, I wouldn't think it's different enough to warrant a separate release, unfortunately. It would've been one thing if you had made it a new colour, like blue, yellow or pink (I've actually done that). But now it's really just a darker version of the same texture, but with a red spot on it.

So I'd rather you modified it a little more than that first.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

Bumping for gregrox as well as I, it appears the download is missing its domain... doesn't look like the end of a dropbox, but I might be able to look around if OP doesn't respond soon.

Edit: Hey! I found it, it appears to be a mediafire link (forum mess up, perhaps?). MAKE SURE YOU HAVE YOUR ANTI-VIRUS/AD-BLOCKER READY! I was able to download the image but the website redirects you to some sort of malware website that creates a bunch of dialogues, "missing .dll", etc. Anyways here it is. http://www.mediafire.com/download/4zooly2b4w11rjh/Jool1.zip

Edited by Autumn_Foil
found the link

• 4 months later...
  • 4 years later...
On 4/3/2014 at 2:20 PM, Felsmak said:

Hello, everyone! So I've spent some time painting this little texture for Jool. I used the original as a reference for the cloud bands, but I then chose to use less intense colors and added a little belt of yellow near the equator. It didn't look quite real without it.

Okay, it probably still doesn't, but here it is, anyway!

Here's a model.

kQM1bKn.png

Here's what it looks like in-game.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

You may not download it here. Enjoy!

Will it be fine for you to make a step by step tutorial on this?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.