Project Odyssey: adventures getting home from an alternate dimension

Felbourn

@Kerb: yea Alex and I are in pretty frequent communication about the welder. I also have a fork of the code and have made local modifications for personal use.

@sp: my concern about The Martian now is that the movie will be out before I'd be done. I wanted to be able to finish it before it was out, otherwise I'm just another "hey I'll do the movie" rather than "hey I'll do the book" guy. Also everyone will already know the story, but not everyone has read it. Everyone will see the movie though.

I totally understand your concerns. However you could preface the series with a warning that your infrastructure is based on your interpretation or imagining of the book. Honestly it would be fantastic to see your replicas from the movie AND it would be fantastic to see what you could do with your imagination. Also an RSS version would be different from anything else that might exist or will exist. Let's be honest people are gonna make stock kerbal versions of the Martian. No one does RSS series like you. So maybe do a poll and put out feelers because I guarantee KSP fans that have read the Martian want to see YOUR interpretation. Of course it's all up to you. You have to want to do it. But if you think that people won't watch because of the movie coming out.....trust me people will watch.

I'm now optimistic about Odyssey #47 for this Monday. I have 24 minutes mostly done. I have about 6 minutes to finish off, so figure 9 hours of work, and I have the whole weekend coming to do that. :)

In that case I may wait until Odyssey is totally done before starting USI-MKS.

I'm not sure how to take that question. If you watch my videos then you've seen me use clouds and pretty much every visual enhancement ever made, for two years now. And I assume you watch or you would not be posting, so it makes me think I'm missing something that's not obvious. You can't be just asking "do you use EVE" so there must be more to it, but I can't figure out what that might be. In fact, the installation instructions in my git repo, linked from the OP, has every mod used on Odyssey. So again, not sure what you're asking me.

I'm not sure how to take that question. If you watch my videos then you've seen me use clouds and pretty much every visual enhancement ever made, for two years now. And I assume you watch or you would not be posting, so it makes me think I'm missing something that's not obvious. You can't be just asking "do you use EVE" so there must be more to it, but I can't figure out what that might be. In fact, the installation instructions in my git repo, linked from the OP, has every mod used on Odyssey. So again, not sure what you're asking me.

This link takes you to EVE Overhaul that is being updated regularly and it has new stuff. For example it was last updated like 20 days ago, where as EVE hasn't been updated since September.

Oh so you're asking if I use git to get pre-releases of mods. Yes I do that quite often, and sometimes even fork the repos and make changes of my own, especially when there is a bug I need to fix, but sometimes just to add a feature.

BTW I am on track for another Odyssey (#48) next Monday. The Duna base is coming along nicely. I have half the episode already done in fact. I may try to wrap things up a little quicker than expected, perhaps 50 total episodes, because working in version 0.25 again just makes me miss version 1.0.4 features a lot. :D

BTW I am on track for another Odyssey (#48) next Monday. The Duna base is coming along nicely. I have half the episode already done in fact. I may try to wrap things up a little quicker than expected, perhaps 50 total episodes, because working in version 0.25 again just makes me miss version 1.0.4 features a lot. :D

Not to mention 1.1 is rapidly approaching as a well. A universe of opportunities awaits !

Thanks for your hard work on these... Amazing to watch !

Wait! Joseph!? No man! C'mon!

:)

Great episode. Remember when Joseph was the "bad guy" in Gateway. Come a long way since then. I know the cinematic portions are really arduous to do, but they certainly are amazing. Thanks for all the work!

Felbourn if you had to be compared to a director in a lame kerbal analogy who would it be? Id call you the James Cameron of KSP, but i dont know that might not cut it. The episode was fantastic. So much so you were able to entertain a room full of people whom only few have only heard of ksp. Thank you.

Remove remotetech? NEVER! :P

1.1.0 has a version of it built in to Stock

- - - Updated - - -

Wait! Joseph!? No man! C'mon!

:)

Great episode. Remember when Joseph was the "bad guy" in Gateway. Come a long way since then. I know the cinematic portions are really arduous to do, but they certainly are amazing. Thanks for all the work!

I don't know what happened to him, but my gut says he's gone.

- - - Updated - - -

Felbourn if you had to be compared to a director in a lame kerbal analogy who would it be? Id call you the James Cameron of KSP, but i dont know that might not cut it. The episode was fantastic. So much so you were able to entertain a room full of people whom only few have only heard of ksp. Thank you.

Thanks! Who was there? Friends? Family? Class mates?

All of the above. We were having a party. I randomly looked, realized it was Monday and saw episode 48. I put it on and we all watched it. I'm the only one that plays ksp sadly ( for now ), but even so they got a kick out of it. Were all bug scifi fans so that helped. The whole "ghost ship " concept I find is mutually interesting. Thanks again Bob I can't wait to see what you have in store in the future.

Also, could you add the sets (like the interior of the ships and buildings used for filming) to GitHub? I want those SO badly! Also, where do you usually have those, on the Launchpad, Runway? And for the Zero-G stuff do you just turn on Hack Gravity?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.