[1.1.2] KSPRC - Renaissance Compilation: artworks remake [V-0.7 Pre Release 3]

Proot

2 minutes ago, jpinard said:

Will this work well with the following graphic mods (or am I creating some redundancies with some of these)?

• Distant Object Enhancement
  • Environmental Visual Enhancements
  • Stock Visual Enhancements
  • Planetshine

Thanks for the brainy information! :)

Just wait.  The answer is yes but you have no idea!

1 hour ago, Proot said:

Sorry for the delay. I'm following this tutorial by @Poodmund before the update: more and better clouds with less memory usage!

Woo! This sounds fantastic :) It's great to hear you're still optimizing as much as possible even with 64 bit!

38 minutes ago, jpinard said:

Will this work well with the following graphic mods (or am I creating some redundancies with some of these)?

• Planetshine

KSPRC uses these mods with the exception of SVE. SVE is a bit like KSPRC in some ways in that it configures other mods that allow for certain graphical changes, While you can mix and match parts of KSPRC and SVE if you want any easy life you should just choose one or the other.

1 hour ago, jpinard said:

• Planetshine

^^ what Manwith Noname just said and addition i would like to mention that u can pretty much mashup with different visual mods how you like and just select/delete parts you like/dislike. i would say that...

The most important mods/dependencies in KSPRC is:   Kopernicus, EVE & TextureReplacer. You want these to get all textures/clouds from KSPRC working properly

Not required but still nice additions: Scatterer, Distant Object Enhancements & Planetshine. These is not required and you can still get all textures/clouds from KSPRC pack without these, but of course you get even better visuals with these. especially with Scatterer :wink:

Edit: and yeah Stock Visual Enhancements is pretty much like KSPRC which contains textures,clouds,sunflares, details, and configs. It is possible to combine these packs with each other, but might be need some config changes/file rearrangement.

Edited by Murdox

9 minutes ago, Murdox said:

^^ what Manwith Noname just said and addition i would like to mention that u can pretty much mashup with different visual mods how you like and just select/delete parts you like/dislike. i would say that...

The most important mods/dependencies in KSPRC is:   Kopernicus, EVE & TextureReplacer. You want these to get all textures/clouds from KSPRC working properly

Not required but still nice additions: Scatterer, Distant Object Enhancements & Planetshine. These is not required and you can still get all textures/clouds from KSPRC pack without these, but of course you get even better visuals with these. especially with Scatterer :wink:

Edit: and yeah Stock Visual Enhancements is pretty much like KSPRC which contains textures,clouds,sunflares, details, and configs. It is possible to combine these packs with each other, but might be need some config changes/file rearrangement.

Do you suggest I install them all manually or use CKAN?  I know SVE is messed up on CKAN right now, but wondered if it's safe to do all the others.  I'm a little confused as to what I'm supposed to install with something like EVE.  They have the main one then yet a much larger file with a ton of configs I don't recognize.

Do you suggest I install them all manually or use CKAN?  I know SVE is messed up on CKAN right now, but wondered if it's safe to do all the others.  I'm a little confused as to what I'm supposed to install with something like EVE.  They have the main one then yet a much larger file with a ton of configs I don't recognize.

"Do you suggest I install them all manually or use CKAN?" - I would say that installing mods trough CKAN is safe and if some reason installed/updated mod is not working properly you can always reinstall/revert back to working mod version manually

"I'm a little confused as to what I'm supposed to install with something like EVE" - You can install only EVE and with that you get clouds to the game. There is no dependencies for it and it should work straight out from the "box". lmk if you need any further assistance with different visual mods / combinations and lets see what i can do since i dont want to confuse you even more :D

I prefer to install all visual mods manually maybe because I've also noticed that sometimes installing/updating mods from CKAN is not always doing so great succession at least for me and im messing with different files/textures/configs so much.

Whenever new KSPRC download link pops up that .zip it also should contain currently working/latest versions of these other mods so actually you dont need to install any of these mods yet from CKAN or elsewhere if you dont mind waiting. Sometimes if you have downloaded old-ish ksprc/sve release you might need to update some "dependency mods" to latest/working versions i mean mostly EVE and Kopernicus in ksprc.

Currently im playing with: SVE, EVE, Scatterer, Kopernicus, Planetshine, TextureReplacer & Distant Object Enhancements. And all works fine but must admit that I was also kind of impatient and tryed to get some old ksprc textures to work in 1.1 but runned in to lot of problems with latest TextureReplacer version so now im just trying to hold my horses here untill new version of ksprc. :cool:

Edited by Murdox

Awesome thank you Murdox!  I just went through and installed every mod I'm using manually lol.  Just to be safe :)

Anytime... you'rre welcome!

Just one more thing that just came to my mind is that if you now downloaded and installed all mods manually there might be 2 folders from EVE pack in your GameData folder called: Environmental Visual Enhancements & BoulderCo?

If you're now going to use SVE or later KSPRC pack you can delete that BoulderCo folder from EVE because it includes stock textures/configs for EVE and since both KSPRC & SVE packs add their own cloud textures/configs for EVE then BoulderCo becomes useless. I'm not sure if that even possible those conflicting with each other but at least your game is loading only more textures and so on consuming more RAM and so on might affect your performance too :) thats why i recommend that if use SVE or KSPRC then just delete BoulderCo folder from EVE

Edited by Murdox

Pretty frustrated right now. I had some problems with terrains, but I was thinking I had some type of error in my configs for the 1.1. But no...

@KillAshley have confirmed me that Squad have "nerfed" the terrain shader that I was using via Kopernicus. That means no more multiple detailed surfaces+volumes. The textures can remain in a similar way, but with just one bump texture for all the planet. Which basically spoils any effort for the realism at the PQS level.

Hours of work in textures and configurations for nothing... a great step back in the beautfication of the game.

I can't understand how to limit the PQS can be an optimization of the PQS...

I hope this can change in a short term, but I can't change it. So I'll update the mod asap to this new system and take a small rest from all this.

EDIT: mental note to myself... please, be less drama-queen.

Edited by Proot

6 minutes ago, Proot said:

Pretty frustrated right now. I had some problems with terrains, but I was thinking I had some type of error in my configs for the 1.1. But no...

@KillAshley have confirmed me that Squad have "nerfed" the terrain shader that I was using via Kopernicus. That means no more multiple detailed surfaces+volumes. The textures can remain in a similar way, but with just one bump texture for all the planet. Which basically spoils any effort for the realism at the PQS level.

Hours of work in textures and configurations for nothing... a great step back in the beautfication of the game.

I hope this can change in a short term, but I can't change it. So I'll update the mod asap to this new system and take a small rest from all this.

Sorry to hear that @Proot.  Thanks for all your hard work, I'm sure we'll all still love the release for 1.1 even though SQUAD screwed up the method you were using for creating detailed surfaces, etc...

Perhaps a bug report/feature request on the bug tracker or feature request forum could help get SQUAD to come up with some new "optimizations" for PQS that will allow you to continue in the method you were.

Either way, I'm still excited for this...the game feels not quite right without it.

Finally, get some rest from it, put it down if it's getting stressful!  Last thing any of us want is for you to burn out and become tired of KSP/KSPRC.

15 minutes ago, Proot said:

*GASP*

Hopefully this is temporary and simply done to get the game functioning in Unity 5 sooner. I know a lot of the shader work was postponed for exactly this reason.

I'm gonna hold my horses here. Sometimes I forget that this community has some absolutely amazing people: Thomas P., maintainer of Kopernicus, is proposing the possibility of a fix for all this. So if you want the full return of KSPRC (as KSPRC is) please, consider to support him on Patreon or Paypal! :wink:

Edited by Proot

6 minutes ago, Kram45 said:

@Proot Are you giving up ksprc?

nope he just said that he cant do all the things he wants to do cause of some changes in 1.1 . when squad expands on their unity 5 set up , the option for proot to show what he's really capable will appear! So relax. Squad is planning to redo textures and stuff in the game so i assume that when that update comes proot will provide us mortals with his divine visuals on his own terms without his hands tied by the games current limits.

Edited by techstepman

Just now, mtpatane said:

How, after reading the above series of posts, did you deem it necessary to ask this question? 

My apologies I haven't seen the topic for a while and jumped the gun before reading into it more

1 minute ago, Kram45 said:

My apologies I haven't seen the topic for a while and jumped the gun before reading into it more

All good 

as of late this forum has been plagued with questions that have been answered in previous posts. Didn't mean to take it out on you. 

8 minutes ago, techstepman said:

Squad is planning to redo textures and stuff in the game so i assume that when that update comes proot will provide us mortals with his divine visuals on his own terms without his hands tied by the games current limits.

when you say "Squad is planning to redo textures and stuff" do you have a concrete post, info or is just a speculation coz i will like to read that to ? soo link, post plx :)

4 minutes ago, Blacks said:

when you say "Squad is planning to redo textures and stuff" do you have a concrete post, info or is just a speculation coz i will like to read that to ? soo link, post plx :)

i heard that from the devs themselves from the livestream of the launch of 1.1

1 hour ago, Proot said:

Really sorry to hear this and also that you also encountered these problem's with terrains & PQS. I also noticed that there might be something wrong really badly with 1.1 PQS when tried to get ground + many other textures work with TextureReplacer & Kopernicus, but man i wouldn't even guess that there can be only 1 bump map for  all the planet. Or does that mean 1 bump per 1 planet? I also can't see that how they call this "Slight pqs improvements" in 1.1 release notes. Don't want to ruin your lovely day guys so im just gonna fall into silence :sealed:

Only time will show if pqs and all the broken "kangaroo" wheels getting fixed in future or not. May the force be with us!

Edited by Murdox

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.